TL Family... I am in some serious $hit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001 | 12:51 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
TL Family... I am in some serious $hit!!!

Like some siad... "$hit happens in life"

Well, well... Ed, I know how you feel know when somebody tried to scam insurance and smash your glasses...

Now, before I start with my story, I just wanna say that I am just venting here...

Okay, I was backing out of my parking spot in a parking lot. I was originally backing out to the left, and I saw this car in my that direction while I was haft way out... So, I waved to them and asked them to wait. I was gonna back out from another direction so that I don't get into their way and so that I can exit/they car park easier.

So I pulled in a bit, and started to back out again. Before I do so, I checked my rearview mirror and made sure that no cars is on my way. Then, I released the brake pedal, and was gonna put my arm around the passager see. You know, the usually backing up driving position. Becuase I could do that. I hitted something. My car rolled less then 1 Meter, and that was with in 1 sec or so. The damn Civic got onto my way.

So, we both got outta the car, and I was like okay, we'll have insurance taking care of this. And those guys from China was like "we have no insurance it was an rental car" and I was like how is that possible. He said "Chinese shop". OH WELL!!! So, I told them that my friend owns a bodyshop and we can settle this privately. Then they started to get REALLY RUDE, MORE THEN JUST RUDE!!!

They asked for my ID, while they were unwilling to provide their own infomation. They had their car blocked on the way, so that my car couldn't get out, and they were blocking other people as well. While one of them was writing down my infomation. Another guy was talking on the cell phone.

Then they half asked half forced me to go to the car rental company with them... WTF? one of them got into my back sit sitted right behind me without even asking... WTF?

Anyways, I wented there with there... That damn civic got there first cuz the guy on my car gave me the wrong direction. And somehow the owner came up with insurance for the car and all that... I feel cheated... REALLY!!! I REALLY DO!!!

Anyways, I did a police report on the accident and the police didn't give a $hit about the fact that they were sort of jacked me to the shop...

Then, here comes the worst part... The insurance company called me eariler, and didn't even give a damn about my story... THAT B!TCH!!!!!!!!!! B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN IT THAT FAKING B!TCH..... just told me that it's your fault, case closed... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 19, and guess how much of a difference that's gonna make... hum... about at least US$4000 more of insurance that I will be paying for the next 3-4 years...

I felt like I have been setted up...

I mean seriously... I just touched that car and the whole door dented... while I had nothing on my bumper... how could that happen? Are you telling me that the 2002 Civic is as weak as paper... GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admit that it was my fault, and damn nobody can understand my hand singal, fair enough...

But with the way they treated me, and all that... I think I was scammed.... and the insurance is really gonna kill me... Damn.....

You guys are my last hope... The cops, the insurance company .....and everyone on earth....... none of them seemed to cared about what happened, how I felt and all that... I felt so helpless... and faithless.......... Gee...........

Now, I ain't no racist, but I came from Taiwan and there's those things between TW and China... but trust me I didn't mean to start a war here... and I do have really close bodies from China...
But with 1.3+ billions of people, I met some of those ASSOz....

I still find that hard to believe....... how can that car moved so fast in that one sec. and bam right one... well well.....

$hit happens in life... I thought after all those crappy treatments from them... the cops/insurance company would at least believe me that there were something fishy... but... the F@CK with uncorpative people......... that's not it!!!

Sorry for the long post... but I hope you people can understand...

They did offered me to settle it privately... but well well..... my money won't go to them... Gee, end up in some LOUSY F@CKED UP INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2001 | 12:56 PM
Drifting

Oh, and I just want you guys to know one of the reason why I feel so F up is because it is about money......... and DAMN YOU BET THAT I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO EARN JUST A PENNY....

I am yonug, but I got kicked outta of the house while I was 13, and I worked my butt off to just feed myself and to live... I know the value of money, trust me... I am not some spoiled kids... I talk about getting the M3 and all that... and now with those insurance... I don't think so...

Oh, and the M3 is about US$110000 to US1200000 in Taiwan, so I don't think it's a bad a idea to get one and enjoy it while I am in Canada... I mean there ain't no place for you to really open it up over there anywayz...

Well well..... anyone happens to know that where I might be able to find a cheaper insurance company in Ontario Canada?
Old 08-27-2001 | 01:01 PM
Honkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there was no paint damage sometimes the dent can be fixed by a quality paintless dent repair shop, like dent busters, dent wizzard, or dent busters. That would probably only cost about $200 canadian.
Old 08-27-2001 | 01:01 PM
Drifting

Hai.......... I totally lost my selfcontrol, now..........

I am smoking like crazy over here............. Waiting for the call back from my laywer althought there ain't much he could do for me after all........... Hai... maybe I should settled it privately...... but when I think of their evil faces....... I knew what was going on... COME ON I KNEW IT!!!
Old 08-27-2001 | 01:17 PM
Drifting

And guess what............... my ex-gf just called...........

At the worst time....... UW TL/ MafiosoTL........... I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

Totally don't know how to even talk to her...... my heart broke again!!! at the worst time...

I am moving soon....... and have to get my keys back from her...

2 weeks ago she went to a club with another guy which happens that I was there.......... she didn't even want to talk to me..... nor did she explain how that guy was....... Almost started not a fight but an WAR sort of speak... I ain't in any gain, but I do have god bros and all.......... happens that my god bro knows that guy and talked it out...

cuz I got so pissed, after she had talked to so many other guys... I walked toward her and called her name she didn't respond. So I grabed her... and she insisted on I hitted her... The guy told me that "keep your hands clear" and I was like "she is my girl okay?"

Everyone was looking, and of course we got small Asian community here. Words spread out fast... ain't no way that I am gonna get back to her... Hai.............. so on and so on life still goes on............
Old 08-27-2001 | 01:20 PM
Drifting

So sorry to read about your ordeal. Even though those guys are Chinese and they want to abuse another Chinese (or Taiwanese), you should remember that neither of you are in China or Taiwan. You should have called the police right there to take care of the matter. I'm Chinese too, so I do understand the social pressure during tense times like these.

Don't let those guys take any money from you. Their lack of insurance is not your problem. If they want to claim the damage against your insurance company, let them do it, but do not give them any money.

And finally... always look before you move your car.

All in all, I think this is probably a simple case of misunderstanding. I've seen people do this several times. In some cases the car door does cave in while the bumper is untouched. Remember that the bumper is designed to absorb collisions while doors are designed to crumple.

Don't worry too much about it, you'll be laughing about it in a few months. Let the insurance company do the talking. Don't be pressured. Do try to file a complete police report. Besides, your car isn't damaged, so take your time.

By the way, sitting in someone else's car uninvited can be construed as trespassing. Sitting in someone else's car and then demanding that the owner drive to a certain destination while
threatening him is tantamount to carjacking. Just a thought.
Old 08-27-2001 | 01:26 PM
Drifting

Thanks daverman... I truely hope that this is an misunderstanding as well...

it seems like that they got insurance after all... however they came up with it...

I sure will talk to my lawyer about it and of course I'll see what I can do...

I cared most about that fact that it's an at-fault accident for me that cost me SO MUCH!!!
Old 08-27-2001 | 02:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Find out how much it will cost you if you went through your insurance company, and how much it would cost if you had to do it yourself (i.e. tell insurance company you will take care of the repair work yourself). Usually, you will end up paying more if you go with the insurance option. However, from what you've told me, those Chinese dudes may give you more problems in the future if you're not careful. They may say "Oh, repair shop not fixed car right, must redo it again"; or "my neck hurts because of accident" and sues you. IF they go this route, you are really screwed big time. It may cost you even more. In a world where everyone sues everyone or tries to take advantage of you, you will want your insurance company to act in your behalf (even if you are at fault - which is why you have insurance in the first place). I'm Chinese too, and I know exactly what you mean about those guys from China. I've seen/heard enough to know what kind of people they are. You will have to decide which option is right for you, based on the facts and the situation. I hope you make the right one. And with regards to your ex-girlfriend, remember, keep your cool. Nothing ever good happens if you blow your top. Even if you don't want her back, don't let her think that she was able to get under your skin. She will use that against you and laugh. By being cool, you show her that that the mind games she's playing is beneath you and not worth getting upset over. Good luck
Old 08-27-2001 | 02:41 PM
Drifting

Thanks a lot guys.......

I went with the insurance route........... Like I said I KNEW what they were up to....... so........ got no choice........

As of the mind game with the girl........... I have to say that I totally lost self-control that day and I learned.......... No need to ruin my great time for her.... especially with my buddy who came a long way from LA...

Thanks TL family...... I am recoving...........

As for the increase in insurance... what's done is done...... I can trade in my TL for something else with cheaper insurance...

I dunno if you people know what I am talking about but I got 2 posters...

One says "justification for higher education"

one says "this is what I got for 4 years in college" Both showed you a HUGE ASS HOUSE, and some crazy cars.......

I always keep that in mind... Focus on da future.... while I am still yonug... I worked as a waiter, salesman and you name it...

I suffered and I learned the hardway... I still have lots to learn in life yet I still have a long way to go....... but if you have to make the trip, might as well make it a fun one...
Old 08-27-2001 | 02:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

It would be sad if you traded in your TL. I don't know how your credit is like, but consider this: go to your bank and ask for a line of credit. it's sort of like a loan from the credit card company but without the high interest payments. I know for a fact that Royal Bank has one. Use that line of credit to pay for your increased car insurance premiums. Then just make a monthly payment to your line of credit (say $150 or so or more if you can afford it). This way you can keep your TL and pay down the premium. Make the calculations and find out if it's feasible for you. If you can, great, you keep the TL. If not, too bad, you're getting a Civic!
Old 08-27-2001 | 03:07 PM
Instructor

damn
Old 08-27-2001 | 03:07 PM
Drifting

Well NO CIVIC FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn after this accident.... I felt that they are made out of paper, now........ SERIOUSLY!!!

I was considering getting a European car just because of the safety aspect, I thought the TL weren't safe... but, now... HOHOHO... WAY BETTER THAN THE CIVIC... that's how I feel....

Damn, I always have somethings with Civic...... my ex-gf drives a 93 Civic 5spd, and................. well at least you gotta like girls who drives a stick (sorry if sounds nasty to anybody, but hey I am just trying to make myself feel better)

Oh, and honestly, I am getting surport from my parents as well. The point is that I know the value of money, and when it's used on something not tangenable. I feel kinda bad ya know... cuz I know how hard it is to make $$$$ that's what I can't justify.

But well well... what's done is done... I spoken to my parents on da phone, and they were like forgot about it, it's okay... and TOLD YOU ABOUT THE CIVIC!!! THAT'S WHY WE GOT YOU THE WHATEVER ACCORD YOU GOT OVER THERE

They don't have TL in Taiwan... at least not from the dealers...

Oh, and since I am a honestly budist, All I can say is "what goes around, comes around"

p.s. I am too used to the sleeping ... hum. I mean spelling check thingy....... that I don't ever dare to read my own post.... because I might ROTFL at myself...
Old 08-27-2001 | 03:15 PM
Drifting

damn, sorry for all the sh!t happening to you as of late. Just relax and things will work out for the better.
Old 08-27-2001 | 03:55 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry dude...

that really sucks, but try to relax and think. I am sure you will find a better why. Next time just be careful
Old 08-27-2001 | 08:44 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man .. things will turn to the upside.. just be sure you're not too busy moping about the past to miss it good luck.
Old 08-27-2001 | 09:44 PM
aTL
Instructor

Don't settle out of court.. thats first off take the matter to court its worth reviewing before actually shelling out the money for some bull**** matter, DON'T SETTLE PRIVETLY and relax ok take it easy.
Old 08-28-2001 | 12:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Unhappy

man, just read your post...just keep your cool and everything will be alright, everybody goes thru some drama at some point in their life, I guess you have had more then the average person.

I'm also chinese too, so I know how we are. Alot of scam artists out there, just be careful.
Old 08-28-2001 | 06:06 AM
Safety Car

Damn, that sucks. I hate it when you can look back and see how you could've gotten out of some **** by doing things a little differently. But thinking like that just makes it worse. (my MOTHER ****ING COAT POS CATS **** ALL YOU LITTLE ROACHES ****ING **** ***** ASS ****ERS!! comes to mind) Just remember, money isn't real. Whats real matters so much more.
Old 08-28-2001 | 06:13 AM
Drifting

Well, I am moving out of Toronto for college, which might be a good thing. so, that I can leave those stupid things behind. I think a am a bit more relaxed, now. Of course what's done is done. It looks like that my insurance will rise by about $2000 Canadian dollors......... Well well, I think I will have to decide on if I have to trade my TL in for something else cheap to insure or not...
Old 08-28-2001 | 09:16 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Nate
Just remember, money isn't real. Whats real matters so much more.
Money isn't real? Sure looks real to me

Joking... I know what you mean
Old 08-28-2001 | 10:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
Well, I am moving out of Toronto for college, which might be a good thing. so, that I can leave those stupid things behind. I think a am a bit more relaxed, now. Of course what's done is done. It looks like that my insurance will rise by about $2000 Canadian dollors......... Well well, I think I will have to decide on if I have to trade my TL in for something else cheap to insure or not...
Hi, move to Quebec, the insurance here is much cheaper than that in Ontario. I pay like $900 something CAD for a full coverage
(but I'm much order than you, 31 here ). We recently leased a 2001 sentra for my wife, but the insurance is even more expensive than what I pay for TL.
About those F$$king Chinese from China, they are animals, they come from a different world, the hell probably. I just can't believe
that there are stupid Taiwanese want to get close to China. I'm from Taiwan too, a native Taiwanese. We have been killed, insulted, and suppressed by Chinese in Taiwan for such a long time, don't let them do that in Canada.
Old 08-28-2001 | 11:29 AM
Drifting

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE GUYS!!!

I will consider moving to another provice for sure...

But it all depends on how my school goes and all that... Isn't BC got the BEST INSURANCE in Canada? How funny that it is actually operated by the goverment. I mean damn, isn't competition supposed to be better for the consumers? I don't see that happening here as far as Insurance goes...

Now, I honestly didn't mean to bring up all the Chinese, Taiwanese, and rasism stuff. But hoenst to God... that's I how was treated, and somewhat it's related to my and their nationalities Damn, can't we just all get alone?
Old 08-28-2001 | 02:06 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear the mishap. Good luck. tui4 pu4 chi3
Old 08-28-2001 | 02:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SL1200MK4

I will consider moving to another provice for sure...

But it all depends on how my school goes and all that... Isn't BC got the BEST INSURANCE in Canada? How funny that it is actually operated by the goverment.
BC is great if you like liquid sunshine! Seriously though, for my 99 TL, I'm paying approx $1,700 for insurance (includes a 40% discount for safe driving). You can get private insurance from HSBC (aka HongKong Bank of Canada), but I don't know what their rates are. University of BC, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria are all good Uni. We got lots of university transfer colleges as well (Langara College, Kwantlen, etc.). Something for ya to think about if you are serious about coming out west.
Old 08-28-2001 | 02:47 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by patrick

BC is great if you like liquid sunshine! Seriously though, for my 99 TL, I'm paying approx $1,700 for insurance (includes a 40% discount for safe driving). You can get private insurance from HSBC (aka HongKong Bank of Canada), but I don't know what their rates are. University of BC, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria are all good Uni. We got lots of university transfer colleges as well (Langara College, Kwantlen, etc.). Something for ya to think about if you are serious about coming out west.
Thanks for the info man.... There are lots things I find attractive to me about the West. Things like SummerLove, better weather, cheaper car insurance, pretty girls, and of course a more relax style of living.

Yet at the same time, there are lots things stopping me. Things like the Asian culture there, lots of Rich F up kids and all that. Heard that a lot of girls are being very materialistic. Well, there's always pros and cons. I will just have to wait and see how everything works out for me...

Thanks a lot for the info thought...

P.S. I heard that UBC and Simon Fraser actually have the overall rank of your grades in the faculty on your final transcrip!!! As if you are the 1st/best amount all students in that major and all...
Old 08-28-2001 | 08:43 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Nate
Just remember, money isn't real. Whats real matters so much more.
Absolutely.
Old 08-28-2001 | 11:14 PM
Drifting

Thanks a lot guys........

For now, what's done is done again.......

With the rise of insurance, and if I can keep the TL and all that... We'll just see.... I am young but I do have investment back in Asian... If I got lucky, then hey....... maybe even the M3 is possilbe.... (okay, I can dream rite)

But seriously, I don't think there's much I can do for, now. So why should I bother.......

Got the keys from my ex today....... Damn wut a ***** she said "you can't afford to give me nor do you have the ability to give me what I wanted. I have high expectations with a relationship" Hai, with all my trust to her.... now ended up like this, and with everyone talking about what happened at the club that night.......... Hai.......

Well well, at least I now know what kinda person she is... Which got some too active social life. Sorry, that I am getting out of the topic.

But thanks a lot guys..... feels so much like a family here.......

Thanks to all of you again.......
Old 08-29-2001 | 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Dude, all I can say is I feel your pain......
Ed
Old 08-29-2001 | 09:54 AM
Racer

Hey,
Sorry to hear what happened to you, but do you have cell? When those guys started to act strange, you should have called cops.
P.S. One of them got into your car and didn't want to leave? Damn, dude, that takes some balls.
Old 08-29-2001 | 01:20 PM
Instructor

when you talked insurance guys, you shouldn't said it's your fault. Soon as you says it Insurance will go up or they just reject you. You should tell insurance agent that they intended to make a car accident. After that you should call your lawyer. They can help you out but it depends on the lawyers. I had this lawyer he is very famous he was on CNN, CBS TV and he is house deligate in VA. And somehow I happen to know him. When I had case speeding and suspension, public alcohol drinking, he help me out without giving me any suspension at all, at that time I had 21 demerit points, but I can still drive.. because he has the power. Most of states in USA except Alabama, without insurance can be Jail or they will not release the county DECAL. Since they don't have the insurance you should check with the county police and ask about state law requires for the insurance. Make sure what kind of rental car and deal with the insurance that it is not your fault, tell them that it was intention, false accident.
Well i can't help out at all, but you need lawyer like mine!
Old 08-29-2001 | 01:27 PM
Instructor

I feel pain for you, if your Ex cheat on you, forget about her and maybe make her cry. And find better woman.