Tinting in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002 | 11:45 PM
Advanced

Tinting in Chicago

Hey guys, where can I get my windows tinted in Chicago? Any good places I should know about? I dont have too much cash, I got an estimate of 450 at some place in deerfield, but I am thinking of spending around 200. THanks, Also if anyone could help me with clearing my headlights, that would be awesome, I would also pay u cash.
Peace
Old 07-31-2002 | 12:02 AM
Banned

It might me too far north for you, but I paid about $230 a little over a year ago at a place called Shaded Daze (or Shaded Days, I can't remember). I think the listing is either Lake Bluff or Libertyville. They are across the street from Lambs Farm on Route 176 and the I-94 tollway.

Did a pretty good job. They did a great job on a co-workers Audi S4, along with an X-Pel clear bra. I heard they also do a lot of dealer work for a few north shore Lexus dealers.
Old 07-31-2002 | 01:05 AM
Instructor

I got the place

In '84 I got my Daytona Z's windows tinted limo-black. Looked great and saved my leather. The guy was very reasonable (around $200) and it was guaranteed for life. The film started to melt one hot summer and he replaced it for free. He has done the cars of many famous (and used to be famous) people. Mr. T had his A-Team type van done there.

It's Car-isma in Skokie (near Oakton Community College/Maine East), or was. They may be out of business by now. Last time I saw him was 1989. Look under "Window Tinting" in the Yellow Pages.

CAUTION! There are several towns in the Chicago area that love to give tickets for tinted windows. After my 3rd ticket in Glenview, by the same cop, I got mine peeled off on the driver's/passenger's windows. You can go limo on the back windows and 6" on the winshield though.

Stay away from Glenview...good luck,
Tony
Old 07-31-2002 | 05:38 AM
Need a WHAmbulance

This is a good site for reference to tinting.

Here's the tint laws of all 50 states...updated since April 2002

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/...Law%20Chart.htm

Old 07-31-2002 | 10:31 AM
Banned

Re: I got the place

Originally posted by YNOTxTONY

CAUTION! There are several towns in the Chicago area that love to give tickets for tinted windows. After my 3rd ticket in Glenview, by the same cop, I got mine peeled off on the driver's/passenger's windows. You can go limo on the back windows and 6" on the winshield though.

Stay away from Glenview...good luck,
Tony
Yeah my brother got pulled over and ticketed for only 50% tint! I've had tinted windows since '96 and so far (knock on wood), haven't been pulled over.....YET. I had 30% all around on my previous car ('93 Vigor) and 30% on my TL. I've heard that Chicago is really cracking down too. Might be because of the gang bangers.

Keep in mind though that whatever tinit level you used in the past, that same number will look darker on the TL because of the green tint already in the glass. The tint on my TL looks noticeably darker than what was on my Vigor and it's the same darkness, 30%.
Old 07-31-2002 | 03:22 PM
Advanced

pro sounds on cicero ave. did a great job for me and it was $250. Drove around for 3 years got pulled over plenty of times by chicago cops but only got warnings, started working out in the suburbs and got 3 tint tickets in 2 months I took off the front tint and never looked back.