Ticket for Tints in NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticket for Tints in NY

Hey guys i got pulled over by an asshole cop for tinted windows in Brooklyn and he wrote me a ticket for having 13%tint.

How much is it? i could not find it on the back. And what to do to get out of it without paying? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
20% in front is illegal. Why is he being an asshole? How bout we follow the rules and the cops will leave you alone. Just a thought.

Next time you have the chance to talk to a cop, ask them what they feel when they pull over someone with tinted windows all around?

I have a very close family friend who is a NJ State Trooper and he says he fears each day he pulls over someone who's car he cannot see into.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a novel idea, obeying the law. It's not the cops who are a**holes. If you're knowingly breaking the law, don't whine when you get caught.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Advanced

I got pulled over last week by an asshole cop in Elmhurst, Queens. Said my rear tints were too dark...tested with a 14.9% result. The whole time during the testing...i argued with him. When he asked me for insurance, registration and license...thats when i went off. This F**ker cop was goin give me a ticket. I gave him my license with a PBA card and Lieutenant card. He was like what the hell is this! LOL! Then hes like next time dont explain the law to him or he could point out more violations on the car. What a dumbass...my car is 90% stock. Luckly he took my cards and gave me my license back. Told me to get out of here. Freakin Pig!!!

Just venting!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro

yeah..if i got caught breaking the law i would just man it up and take the ticket and fix it then go to the state ref...but then again i would probably put it back on after its all been settle..
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by suno2koo
I got pulled over last week by an asshole cop in Elmhurst, Queens. Said my rear tints were too dark...tested with a 14.9% result. The whole time during the testing...i argued with him. When he asked me for insurance, registration and license...thats when i went off. This F**ker cop was goin give me a ticket. I gave him my license with a PBA card and Lieutenant card. He was like what the hell is this! LOL! Then hes like next time dont explain the law to him or he could point out more violations on the car. What a dumbass...my car is 90% stock. Luckly he took my cards and gave me my license back. Told me to get out of here. Freakin Pig!!!

Just venting!!!
ANother genious
Old 06-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered Abuser

The ticket cost $80, I got one for windshield and one for driver side about two months ago. I paid over the phone by credit card two days later, its the easiest way.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by TLofNYC
The ticket cost $80.
$80 or $60....can't remember...
Old 06-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Just venting!!!

Maybe next time he'll just shoot you and make it easier on all of us.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I think from a cops perspective, if they can't see the silouette of the people inside, it's an unsettling feeling.

Your best bet is to turn on your interior lights, open the roof shade, roll down a few windows, etc. Anything to get more light into the car when you get pulled over. Also, it's always better if you keep your hands on top of the wheel so they are visible.

I'd consider him an Ah if he gave you a ticket per window. I've had that happen to friends of mine.

I think your mindset changes as you get older. I had the same mentality when I was younger and got pulled over frequently.

I'll admit that I have 20% all around except the windshield. Just didn't like the look of 35% and 20 was my only other option at the place I got it done.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Young Fresh 2 Def

All cops are assholes just my
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Maybe next time he'll just shoot you and make it easier on all of us.
Dude...that cop was abusing me with his power of authority. The whole time he was harassing me. I was driving behind him..he pulls to the side and lets me go in front of him while i didnt even do anything wrong he sirens me to pull over. I dont have a problem with my tints...Front is clear...just the back. Been stopped before by cops...check points or whatever i have no problem with, but this dude was really abusing his power. If it was you...you'll be arguing for your rights too!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

.....waiting for a humourous response to that one.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Racer

unfortunately i think that behavior is more then norm then the exception.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Dude...that cop was abusing me with his power of authority. The whole time he was harassing me. I was driving behind him..he pulls to the side and lets me go in front of him while i didnt even do anything wrong he sirens me to pull over. I dont have a problem with my tints...Front is clear...just the back. Been stopped before by cops...check points or whatever i have no problem with, but this dude was really abusing his power. If it was you...you'll be arguing for your rights too!

Just venting!!!

Hmm, being an ass to a cop might not be the best move.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
hey man, the ticket is 50 dollars plus 40 dollars surcharge, it is under Equipment, so thats 90 dollars man.

Brooklyn cops suck, dont they?

Also, your front windows are not tinted? so why the hell was cop pulling u over for? Where you blasting music, driving reckless? He only pulled u over because he thought something was suspicious....man, u got a real asshole cop.