For those that have Comptech Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2000, 05:57 PM

Post For those that have Comptech Springs

For those of you who have comptech springs running on stock shocks (struts) for a while, how are your shocks holding up? I have a Type-S and I'm worried that the stock shocks may go bad and then I have to buy some Konis. Thanks.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S Silver/Ebony
PIAA Roadlamps, Polarg M-11 Turn Signals, Comptech Headers
On the way: Comptech Springs and custom CAI
G-Tech 0-60: 6.38
Old 11-20-2000, 06:03 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I've had my Comptech springs since May'99. My shocks are fine and the ride hasn't changed much. It did get a little stiffer after I added the sway bars.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 11-20-2000, 06:23 PM

Question

Originally posted by AcuraTL:
I've had my Comptech springs since May'99. My shocks are fine and the ride hasn't changed much. It did get a little stiffer after I added the sway bars.

In what way has the sways stiffened your ride ? I always thought that the sways did not interfere with the ride in any way ... Does the car have a more planted feel after the sways ?
Old 11-20-2000, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the response AcuraTL.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:51 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Basically, the sway bars goes from the left lower control arm to the right. On perfectly even roads, it will not affect the ride. On uneven roads, which is everywhere, it will get stiffer. But the sway bars are so worth it, i don't ind the extra stiffness to the ride at all.

Ronnie, no problem
Old 11-20-2000, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by AcuraTL:
Basically, the sway bars goes from the left lower control arm to the right. On perfectly even roads, it will not affect the ride. On uneven roads, which is everywhere, it will get stiffer. But the sway bars are so worth it, i don't ind the extra stiffness to the ride at all.

Ronnie, no problem
Thanks for your response AcuraTL...
Old 11-20-2000, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I have Comptechs on my car since September '99 and no problems.. I plan on getting sways when Tim gets them in stock. But you shouldn't have any problems at all with stock shocks and comptech springs..
Ed

------------------
'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 11-20-2000, 09:03 PM

I have a quick question for those with Comptech sway bars, both front and rear.
I know by changing the sways from the OEM to Comptech will affect the ride and steering. But does it change the characteristic of the TL. What I mean is how much of a difference is it compared to OEM and does it feel like a totally different car because of the change?

Thanks...