Thanks Mike Musselman at Superior Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike Musselman at Superior Acura!

Went to Superior Acura here in Kansas City this afternoon and talked to Mike Musselman at the service counter. Great service! Here's what happened:
  • Asked him about the VSA Activating Too Soon TSB that I got from NHTSA. Mike has never heard of it, so he called the service manager, who then called Acura Tech Support. They said that there wasn't any TSBs of that sort for the 02 TLS. Okie doke.
  • Asked him about the wiper fluid corroding the rubber pipes and smearing the winshield. He said he was familiar with the problem, but it was confined to 01 TL's.
  • Asked him if it would be possible to adjust the left side doors to shut a little tighter. I told him Jay Wolfe had moved the striker in about 1/8" and it helped with the creaking weatherseal around the doors, but I still noticed it wasn't as tight as the right side doors. He said no problem; he got a screwdriver and a rubber mallet and adjusted the striker right there. My door now sounds like it's making a hermetic seal when I shut it. Great job!
  • Asked him about the slight paint blotches on my trunk lid and hood. He said it was a paint defect and it was my option if I wanted to repaint the parts. I told him I didn't want to do it just yet.
Great service! Mike fixed my doors and answered all my questions in about 20 minutes. Excellent.

Oh yeah, I also met my salesman, Jay Young. He showed me his "completed" SSM 01 TL. Comptech springs/sways, chromed wheels, 35% tints, black pinstripes (sweet!) along the car and around the mirrors, black chrome emblems. He told me he'd be interested in attending the next Midwest TL meet

Pleasant experience all around.