Tennessee dealers won't budge on TL-S MSRP....HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the rush? Wait a month or two, then it will be deal time. The dealer up the street from me can't seem to give them away. There are 8 sitting on the lot today, and two are Aegean blue. Go figure. It's all a matter of location and timing.
Old 04-13-2001, 12:48 PM
Racer

As long as you're willing to drive a little...contact all the dealers in the area maybe 50-100 mile radius...send them a nice email...I got a good deal...not the greatest deal but definitely better than paying MSRP.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:03 PM

From past experience with Acura vehicles, what do you all expect would be a good price for a TL-s in say 2 months. How close to invoice do most other Acura cars sell? I know alot of other car brands right now are right at or even below invoice. I may take the advice and wait it out until maybe June and see if I can get closer to invoice on one. It will be hard waiting though, these cars are sweet!!
Old 04-13-2001, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by tlshopeful:
Both Acura of Memphis and Gary Force Acura (Nashville) have flat out told me that they will not budge off of MSRP on a TL-S. I told the "internet manager" at Memphis that it appeared that several people had gotten deals around $30,000 to $30,500. Her response "no way". I gave her this web site and said read for yourself. She just emailed me back......"I am unaware of any Acura dealer in the US giving any discounts or incentives off MSRP on a new TL Type S". Is this a load of B.S. or what?? I love the car, but am not willing to pay full sticker price. Wish there was another Acura dealer close to me.
Come down to Atlanta to buy it! I have found three dealers willing to come off of MSRP. One dealer I didn't do business with said "I've sold 15 of these cars, and none of them have been below MSRP".

My fax attack didn't work, so I tried an e-mail attack. Only on round 2 of e-mails did one dealer offer me a lower than MSRP price ($400). I took that number and shopped it again to the other 8 Georgia dealers. Three of them finally came in at $2300 to $2500 below MSRP for the non-Nav version, including the items I added - rear spoiler & 7 year/100K Mile warranty. My final deal:

$30,800 for non-Nav including spoiler

$885 for warranty

$0 for wheel locks, mud guards, trunk tray paint sealant, pinstriping

$33,500 out the door, tax included

MSRP out the door for this same model is $35,865.

Let me know if you want to come down here, and I'll give you the dealer names and contacts. Not sure if they'll honor the price for someone else (you know how funny those dealer can be), but you can tell them that they already offered it to me.

I pick up my new Black/Black Type S on Monday!
Old 04-13-2001, 01:33 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't have to pay MSRP on any car period. I went to the first acura dealer in town and I was able to squeeze a rear spoiler for 30,000 even excluding tax of course. So all together was 33,000 with wheel locks and Lo Jack. If you are willing to drive I am sure you can get one under MSRP.

------------------
2002 Black on Black TL TypeS

Old 04-13-2001, 01:43 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
If they refuse to budge on MSRP, try and work the "add-ons at cost" angle. If you think you would be interested in the spoiler and body kits, try and get those at a reduced price. Maybe that will work...

:-jon (who paid list)

------------------
02 TL-S NAV w/Spoiler, Body Kit, Bowling Ball Wheel!
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
01 TOYOTA MR-2 Yellow
98 MAZDA B4000 4-DR PickUp
Old 04-13-2001, 01:59 PM

I told the manager of Memphis Acura to read the posts here on this board for prices received by others. Here is here lengthy email back to me:

Thanks for the hook up to the TL board, but help me out. I spent an hour
reading (non-member areas), it was interesting reading by the way, but
couldn't find references to $30,000 sale price. I'm afraid it wouldn't make
a difference on our pricing anyway. Our 2002 TL Type Ses are selling like
hot cakes and we're concerned about availability. We ordered more than most
dealers, but still underestimated the demand. The situation may level off
come summer if we can increase our supply. The TL-S seems to be taking off
better than the CL-S did (4 doors generally outdo the 2 doors - more people
can have luxury, performance, style AND still be able to take care of family
and clients) so we may be holding to MSRP a while longer. Even if we do see
discounts down the road, I wouldn't expect to see more than a few hundred
dollars - maybe $1000 in the fall (if supply is plentiful). After all,
this is a brand new breed of sports performance automobile at a spectacular
price to start with that includes numerous standard accessories.

You can take a "wait and see" attitude or you can go ahead and pay a
reasonable price to start enjoying your new car today. Paying sticker for
an Acura is nothing to be concerned over. Acura has lowered the price
significantly, compared to others in the same class, before they ever put
the price on the window. It's the smart people like you that recognize the
terrific value to start with - that's one of the many reasons our cars are
selling so well and surpassing the competition.

Looks I'll be finding another dealer!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2001, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Looks I'll be finding another dealer!!!!!!

Come down to Atlanta...........
Old 04-13-2001, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by TL-SorMaxima:
Come down to Atlanta...........

Email me the names and specifics of price/options, etc of the dealers in Atlanta please!!!!!!

My email is: ubiquity171@altavista.com

Old 04-13-2001, 03:47 PM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email me the names and specifics of price/options, etc of the dealers in Atlanta please!!!!!!

My email is: ubiquity171@altavista.com

TLSHOPEFUL,
I too am from Nashville, TN and I am running into the same problem you are. But fortunately, I can wait a little bit longer to get a new TL-S. I am probably going to buy in May or June, so hopefully, the price will go down by then. Please keep us posted on how everything goes.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:19 PM

Post Tennessee dealers won't budge on TL-S MSRP....HELP!!!!

Both Acura of Memphis and Gary Force Acura (Nashville) have flat out told me that they will not budge off of MSRP on a TL-S. I told the "internet manager" at Memphis that it appeared that several people had gotten deals around $30,000 to $30,500. Her response "no way". I gave her this web site and said read for yourself. She just emailed me back......"I am unaware of any Acura dealer in the US giving any discounts or incentives off MSRP on a new TL Type S". Is this a load of B.S. or what?? I love the car, but am not willing to pay full sticker price. Wish there was another Acura dealer close to me.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:38 PM

Have you tried cardirect.com or autobytel.com or any of those internet companies. I heard that lots of people bought cars thru those places and pay below what dealers want and they flatbed the car to your house. Not sure about discounting the TL-S though.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Turbotc on April 13, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-13-2001, 11:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,206 Posts
Wait until the end of the month. She will call you up willing to make a deal. Then she's your b*tch!

Old 04-14-2001, 12:07 PM

Well, Harper Acura in Knoxville came back this morning with a proposal of $30,800 for a non-navi TL-S, wants $650 to add a spoiler. At lease I am getting a little off now. Still not satisfied though after seeing a few of the deals guys in So. Cal are getting from that one dealer. I appreciate all the responses from the people on this board! Hopefully soon I'll have a TL-S of my own and post some pics!
Old 04-16-2001, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Well, Harper Acura in Knoxville came back this morning with a proposal of $30,800 for a non-navi TL-S, wants $650 to add a spoiler. At lease I am getting a little off now. Still not satisfied though after seeing a few of the deals guys in So. Cal are getting from that one dealer. I appreciate all the responses from the people on this board! Hopefully soon I'll have a TL-S of my own and post some pics!
Here were my dealer contacts on my out-the-door price of $33,500 for a non-navi including the rear spoiler, 100K warranty, wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray and paint sealant:

Michael Iscaro - Ed Voyles Acura
David McCoy - Acura of Athens
Kyle Christiansen - Acura of Augusta

I test drove with Michael and spoke with him on several occasions. David and I played e-mail/fax tag. Kyle started out as an e-mail, and then I spoke with him. The other 6 Georgia dealers wouldn't budge off MSRP. Maybe you can have better luck with them than I did.

If you go to Ed Voyles, tell Michael I sent you.