Swapping Interiors.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 02:29 PM

Lightbulb Swapping Interiors.......

I'm waiting till july/august to purchase my TL-S and I plan on getting the Aegean blue, the only problem is that I am very keen on the parchment interior and of course the ABP only comes with black interior. My question is...Is there anyone who owns or plans on getting a 2002 TL-S with Parchment interior that wants black interior and is willing to swap with me?? Also could someone explain the cons of doing this (warranty issues, fit, any problems??)and how or where I this could be done? Would dealer do this??
Thanks alot I'm in the NY long Island area..
Old 05-16-2001, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow talk about a lot of work..

Dash..
Carpet..
Door Leather..
Seats..

But a white one and Paint it.. May be easier..

------------------
Old 05-16-2001, 04:10 PM

Did you explore custom ordering the car ? If you have to pay MSRP it's still worth it.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Dude,

You're looking at thousands of dollars in labor to pull off what you want. I mean think about it: swapping the headliner, the carpeting, the dash and interior colored switches, the console, and every door panel. Imagine the rattles and squeaks this would create in both your car and the transplant donor. If you want blue, learn to live with the black interior. If you want the beige interior learn to like the black, white, or green exterior. If you have to have blue and beige learn to like the TL-P or look at another make of car. Also, Acura doesn't do special orders for color at any price.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:49 AM

I suppose this is really just wishfull thinking on my part although I figured I would throw it out there to see what you guys thought.. It would be a lengthy overburdening project to try and put forth and who wants to deal with any hassels after buying a 33,000 dream machine.. I guess your right I will just have to live with the black interior for there is no other car I am interested in and I want blue. thanks a lot guys....
Old 05-17-2001, 01:01 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I would have to agree that repaint the car is easier than swapping out the interior..

Besides, who knows what type of rattles/creaks would start to pop up after the swap??

Andy Kuo
Old 05-17-2001, 01:06 AM

It is not as bad as many have said. Pretty straight forward, though it would take a solid day to do it. Door panels are a cinch. Tuff spots would be the headliner and dash. Seats come out in seconds. I am in the same situation as you are. Creaks and rattles. No. Not if you put it back the way it should. Forget some screws and then of course problems would arise.
Old 05-17-2001, 03:18 AM

If I could somehow be assured of an exact finish with no creaks or squeaks I think I would be more comfortable with swapping interiors than painting the car... Would I still be under warranty if I swapped?? What would not be able to be painted if I did opt to paint a white tl-s? We should mass e-mail Acura headquarters with our dissapointment in the interior color options who knows maybe if enough of us speak up we could get them to add parchment!!! What do you think?????
Old 05-17-2001, 10:49 AM
Ain't No Other...

Originally posted by RAIDA:
If I could somehow be assured of an exact finish with no creaks or squeaks I think I would be more comfortable with swapping interiors than painting the car... Would I still be under warranty if I swapped?? What would not be able to be painted if I did opt to paint a white tl-s? We should mass e-mail Acura headquarters with our dissapointment in the interior color options who knows maybe if enough of us speak up we could get them to add parchment!!! What do you think?????
just trying doing a special order...see if they accept that...
Old 05-17-2001, 10:51 AM
Ain't No Other...

Originally posted by RAIDA:
just trying doing a special order...see if they accept that...
Old 05-17-2001, 12:40 PM

Does anybody have the information on how to reach Acura for a special order or should I try with the dealership to do it through corporate? I will try to find the information and let you know what they tell me? Again, If there are enough people that are interested in the ABP/Parchment combo maybe we could bombard them requests and they might budge????
Old 05-17-2001, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Not sure who to contact, but I would be if you asked the dealer they will tell you it CAN'T be done and try to sell you one off the lot, so if you ask them, just make sure you get a contact from them and ignore them when they tell you it can't be done. Just make sure you hear it from someone higher than the dealer before you give up.

Good Luck

------------------