shyne - getting ready to get plugged 7-11
Old 02-26-2001, 02:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eR???? who u talkin to???
Old 02-26-2001, 02:53 AM
Burning Brakes

hAHaHha... found out what you're talkin about... WTF? 40+HP gain from sparkplugs?? I DUNG TING SOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 02-26-2001, 02:57 AM

hehe, dude musta been riding around with the parking brake on before this miracle mod.

------------------
screw mods...I want a sportbike.

Old 02-26-2001, 03:01 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I know, that's some lame stuff. Just like duralube and split fire spark plugs.
Old 02-26-2001, 03:51 AM
Drifting

He says they actually work. Maybe someday he will get a dyno to prove it.

------------------
"Man thinks that, they own things And man sits high upon thrones
When you die tell me what the fvck you own
When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
As food for worms or fossils trapped in stone."
Old 02-26-2001, 06:25 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hum.... 40hp only...

My "Type-R" sticker gives me 50hp. Took me 10 sec. to install.... j/k.......
Old 02-27-2001, 08:54 AM
Drifting

Shyne, do a dyno and prove it? maybe???

yeah, the acura-tl.com decal gives me 5 hp, not bad...

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 02-27-2001, 09:05 AM
Instructor

According to powertrain engineers, the ignition system is not a factor when considering fuel economy or power. As long as the air-fuel mixture is ignited is all that matters. My sources are from GM in Warren Mi tech center as told to us journalist. I don't think they would lie to us. It makes sense to me.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Here's the web site on the plugs. Sounds believable. May just get a set. For ~$30, what's the worst that can happen.
http://www.inthefuture.com/spark/

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint
Old 02-27-2001, 10:15 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally posted by NSXNEXT:
Here's the web site on the plugs. Sounds believable. May just get a set. For ~$30, what's the worst that can happen.

That's exactly what I did. Ordering them and will test them out after they're received... B Back with more updates after I get them...
Old 02-27-2001, 10:38 AM
Pro

Originally posted by NSXNEXT:
worst that can happen is that it doesnt work and you'd be out $30.
...Or maybe the worst that can happen would be that it DOES work and we'd all have sh*t on our faces and have to hear shyne sayin; "i told you so..."

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by yu888 on February 27, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 02-27-2001, 10:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

My impresion is that they're total BS. That site has more marketing hype than actual technical information.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
Old 02-27-2001, 12:07 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

I will definately reconsider. Thanks for the post Preludeshfan.

------------------
Rosewood 97 3.2 TL Premium
-HID Headlights
-PIAA 1400X Platinum Series Fogs
-Clifford Solaris Alarm w/Remote Start
-Alpine Deck 7862
-Punch 800 Amplifier
-Obcon Custom Prefab Box w/Fosgate HX2 subs
-Infiniti Tweets
-10% Tint
Old 02-27-2001, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Come on Shyne, Dyno your car!!!!!

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint
Mugen Grill on order
Old 02-27-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro

Dang I think preludeshfan voiced his $.02.
Old 02-27-2001, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

I am gonna order 2 sets of those sparks..one for an accord V6 98' and the other for my 00' TL...to one and for all prove the dilemma.

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 02-27-2001, 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Cool, a guinea pig.
Old 02-27-2001, 02:37 PM
Acuras Only in

It's not the $30 that matters : what happens if your TL got fuc&$$ up 'cuz this plug thing ?! I am not trying this on my TL ..
Old 02-27-2001, 02:44 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by shooter:
It's not the $30 that matters : what happens if your TL got fuc&$$ up 'cuz this plug thing ?! I am not trying this on my TL ..
Me either, I'll wait til someone does it or maybe I'll try it on a sucky car like a civic or something... if there is a gain at all, they maybe the will work.. but I still doubt it.

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 02-27-2001, 03:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was thinking about that..i'm gonna order them around 3pm ish San Diego time, therefore, i still have time to consider "what ifs". Right now, i'm thinking of only ordering them for the Accord, knowing that it will be sold soon.

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 02-27-2001, 10:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Angry

Hey may I be the first to say that I had many doubts about the spark plugs in the first time I was considering putting them in.. No one spark plug is better than the other... If any of you have taken chemistry you would know that copper is a better conductor of heat and electricity than platinum!!! Acura uses the platinum's because they supposedly last longer under ideal conditions, they just want to say that you don't have to tune up your car for a 100,000 miles!!! Keep in mind that Acura as well as all the other car manufacturer's are in the money making business!!! One thing that TL owners will notice is a black carbon build up on their tail pipes, all of this suut comes from our engines. That is one sign that even though we use premium gas, we still have build up in our engines, I guarantee that after these sparks are put in you will stop seeing that build up around your pipes too... PreludSHfan, you may have had a unfortunate mishap because your sparks were not installed properly, that's your problem and you really don't know shit about spark plugs or cars if you installed them homey... UW TL, I don't talk bull$hit on this site fag you just want the opportunity to shove something up my ass gay dude, are you into shockin your victim's a$$hole, you aint shockin $hit on me retard ... I bet you will be pretty shocked to read how I discovered you coming out the closet bit@h ho... I never did trust you faggot I bust you faggot, on tha ground, where you'll never be found!!!

Shyne--Play wit Shyne, you get burnt, just like yo mommaz 2 piece skurnt ...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Shyne on February 27, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 02-27-2001, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Originally posted by Shyne:
Hey may I be the first to say that I had many doubts about the spark plugs in the first time I was considering putting them in.. No one spark plug is better than the other... If any of you have taken chemistry you would know that copper is a better conductor of heat and electricity than platinum!!! Acura uses the platinum's because they supposedly last longer under ideal conditions, they just want to say that you don't have to tune up your car for a 100,000 miles!!! Keep in mind that Acura as well as all the other car manufacturer's are in the money making business!!! One thing that TL owners will notice is a black carbon build up on their tail pipes, all of this suut comes from our engines. That is one sign that even though we use premium gas, we still have build up in our engines, I guarantee that after these sparks are put in you will stop seeing that build up around your pipes too... PreludSHfan, you may have had a unfortunate mishap because your sparks were not installed properly, that's your problem and you really don't know shit about spark plugs or cars if you installed them homey... UW TL, I don't talk bull$hit on this site fag you just want the opportunity to shove something up my ass gay dude, are you into shockin your victim's a$$hole, you aint shockin $hit on me retard ... I bet you will be pretty shocked to read how I discovered you coming out the closet bit@h ho... I never did trust you faggot I bust you faggot, on tha ground, where you'll never be found!!!

Shyne--Play wit Shyne, you get burnt, just like yo mommaz 2 piece skurnt ...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Shyne on February 27, 2001 @ ]</font>
Dude I was startin to like you, and you ****ed up again. You started to dis my boy Preludeshfan that's a no no. You're a dickhead you need to stop talking so much shit. And stop callin people faggots.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor,
35% Smoke Metallic Tint, Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-disc cd-changer

Coming soon...
JL Audio 12w6 Sub. & Audiobahn A1800E Amp.
New Paint Job
Old 02-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Racer

Let me just add my .02 cents worth on this subject. a few years back i decided to replace my plugs on my old 86 civic. i removed the old and installed the new plugs. the plugs were AC delco brand name and at the time i dident know why you should only use Nippon Denso or NGK as reccommended by honda.
any way after installing the plugs i drove about 60 miles to another town as i was running a service call. needless to say about 1/2 way there i noticed that my engine was running rough and loosing power. it started making ticking sounds and i thought somthing had happend to my valve train. i could tell whan i came to a stop that the engine was only running on 3 cylenders. i managed to get the car home and i was only able to keep about 50 MPH or my car would overheat. after removing the spark plugs i found that they had melted the ground electrode off and after a compression test i had no compression in the 3rd cylender. after removing the head i found that the 3rd piston had remnents of what was my elecrtode melted on the piston and cylender wall. it jacked the piston up to the point that the rings were seized to the piston and were not touching the wall of the cylender.

Keep in mind i checked the plugs assuming i had the wrong heat setting and they were a "direct" replacement for the OEM plug. they were the exact heat range as OEM. i did not adjust any timing when this happend all i did was replace the plugs.

well the short part of the rest of the story is that after replacing bad pistons and rebuilding the engine i was blowing head gaskets due to the fact that from over heating the engine the block was warped and the head gasket would only last about 1,000 miles before it would blow and start leaking compression into the coolent system. i ended up getting rid of the car and buying a new one.

the point of this story is to let people know NEVER put any type of plug in your honda besides the manufacturer reccommended NGK or Nippon Denso plugs there is a reason for it. and if you put some crap plug in your car and have a similar experience i guarentee you the dealer will not be able to replace or repair the damage it would cause to the engine under warrenty.if you dident read the owners manuel and use OEM parts. honda can simply say it was not our fault that you did not follow the instructions included with your new car and should have used OEM parts. now i know AC delco is not probly the best brand to use in anything but the point here is why take a chance? use the wrong plug and suffer the consiquences! then its too late to say WHOOPS! i should have listened to that guys advise.

i mean come on the split fire plug caused a lawsuit for false advertising that the plugs actually have 2 sparks and increase power and fuel economy. total BS on that one! you guys are smart enough to know that 40 HP or 20% power/ economey is impossible especially on a car that is already rated as a ULEV vechicle how much unburnt or wasted fuel do you really think there would be to benifit from this wonder plug? and why take the chance in screwing up your engine?

damn everyone wants to eeak a few more ponies out of their car so bad they will belive anything.

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony
Old 02-27-2001, 11:20 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in other words, Shyne, stop telling BS otherwise i am gonna install the plugs to your ass!!! yeah this whole thing is totally bs so hopefully no one on this board will go buy a set of those.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:41 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Message received. Will reconcider...