Stolen 2003 Acura TL-S - Philadelphia, PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen 2003 Acura TL-S - Philadelphia, PA

Hello Forum,

The last couple of weeks I have been trying to get my life back on track from a failing relationship which has caused me and my family a ton of grief. At one point my ex has driven me to having heart problems from lack of sleep and excessive stress, I'm only 22.

Since then I been trying to end the relationship, I finally moved her out of my apartment, bought a new car (2003 TL-S) and have been avoiding her as much as I could, which has been hard. This Saturday night 03/15/2008 I was out with my friend who I haven't seen in a long time, she started calling me saying she wanted to see me after she got off work at 2am. I agreed.

I met up with her outside my friends apartment around 2:45am, she was drunk. She started yelling at me, got in to my car and wouldn't leave. This resulted in to about two hours of her yelling, hitting, and other abuse towards me. It was almost 5am when I decided to drive to my parents house to sleep over till next day when she would be sober. We got there about half hour later and went to sleep.

I woke up 3 hours later at about 8:30 to find her, my keys, and my phone missing. My car was also missing of course. When I called her she played stupid denying everything including the fact that she was at my parents house. My mom said hi to her when she left at 6:30am, she did not realize that she was taking my keys out of my jacket.

What most likely has happened, after she took my car she picked up one of her friends, drove to pick up her won car and then they could have taken my car anywhere. This all had to be within 2 hour window she was already home when I called her at ~8:30 am. I have filed a police report, told her about it but she is still going on with her psycho behavior, it is now Monday and no car.

Now the car. It is a 2003 Acura TL type-S clean with no visible damage. The color is a dark grey (Anthracite Metalic). Everything is stock, it has no wing and the only real key feature is the temporary registration paper on the back window with a 06-01-2008 date. The car could be anywhere in Philly or close surroundings, I do not think she drove it anywhere since the initial run.

I beg of you to keep a look out for it, this has really broken me.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
man, dont EVER let a girl take your pride like that. you are a MAN and need to stop messing wiht little girls like that. call the cops and tell them where she lives, have them arrest her crazy ass and get your car back. No matter how much you "love her" she obviously doesnt give a fuck about your, she is the addict and you are acting like a co-dependent. Just move on and move up, you are too young to worry about that, im sure you can get a good girl (you drive a fuckin TL ) Good luck either way and i hope you get your car back, or you get a new car since she stole it.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
shit man sorry to her that you have to deal with that crazy bitch. just meet up with her and threaten to kill her unless she tells you where the car is. and then call the cops if she still doesnt tell you. and how can she deny it and explain how the keys and the phone is missing, as well as your car?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by phee
man, dont EVER let a girl take your pride like that. you are a MAN and need to stop messing wiht little girls like that. call the cops and tell them where she lives, have them arrest her crazy ass and get your car back. No matter how much you "love her" she obviously doesnt give a fuck about your, she is the addict and you are acting like a co-dependent. Just move on and move up, you are too young to worry about that, im sure you can get a good girl (you drive a fuckin TL ) Good luck either way and i hope you get your car back, or you get a new car since she stole it.
Hey thanks, I know I'm an idiot in this situation. I gave the police all her information and now they are waiting 72 hours, some kind of buffer tine before they go after her.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by myron
shit man sorry to her that you have to deal with that crazy bitch. just meet up with her and threaten to kill her unless she tells you where the car is. and then call the cops if she still doesnt tell you. and how can she deny it and explain how the keys and the phone is missing, as well as your car?
When I have talked to her briefly a few times after this happened she is acting like I am the one that is crazy. Telling me to stop with the whole car thing, same thing when my parents tried talking to her. She probebly thinks we are recording her or something.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Question to a moderator. Would it be okey to post this in the third gen forum and maybe the TSX/CL forums as well. Or cross link this somehow.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
72 hours... by that time your car could be in Florida. do something NOW.

Go to her place of work, make sure she doesn't see you, and tell her boss the entire story. Don't say she defintely took the car, but just ask him to keep an eye out.

go to her place, look around there, look around places she hangs out.

I hope you have a spare key.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
dude , that really sucks! i hope you get your car back and i hope she gets what she deserves... HERPES!!!

if it makes its way to Michigan i will keep an eye out.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
信是寶

Yeah bro, first post a pic of your ride, I drive around Philly and need a visual and second stay on the cops to stay on her, follow up with phone calls to the officer assigned to your case and find out all the info on this chick ...good luck.

btw, send a pic of this chick also, never know who we miht run into on the streets of Philly ...probably have to send that pic to our inboxes, not cool to post here although I would 'cause I'd be PISSED!!!

Get the TL back ... hope your story is true.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fyre Man
72 hours... by that time your car could be in Florida. do something NOW.

Go to her place of work, make sure she doesn't see you, and tell her boss the entire story. Don't say she defintely took the car, but just ask him to keep an eye out.

go to her place, look around there, look around places she hangs out.

I hope you have a spare key.
I just spoke to a sgt. from my local department and he advised me that if in 72 hours the car doesn't show up the detectives have enough evidence to get a warrant for her arrest.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

First and foremost

Dump her, don't have anything to do with her she is a loss and will cause you further grief if you 'agree' to see her...BTW we all know what that means (sexual favors). There are plenty of fish in the sea. It was Insured I presume...call the insurance company and advise them...they will do the work. If not, like the one guy said, go to her place of business...when she doesn't expect. She may get a 'ride' from a coworker to the car. But, odds are she has it, and will come up drunk this weekend and say sorry sorry please forgive me I want to get back with you sob sob sob. IF you have met her parents or family and they are responsible advise them and let them know you are going to legally pursue her.

Use match dotcom or yahoopersonals or udatedotcom or any of the other 'dating' sites, get a new girl. Ya this was probably an expensive lesson, but at 22 it will be behind you. This is NOT the END OF THE WORLD, although we all agree it SUX you will get over it. And getting over her is the first and most important step.

GL buddy and I am sure everyone in Philly is lookin for your car.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tecciztecatl
Yeah bro, first post a pic of your ride, I drive around Philly and need a visual and second stay on the cops to stay on her, follow up with phone calls to the officer assigned to your case and find out all the info on this chick ...good luck.

btw, send a pic of this chick also, never know who we miht run into on the streets of Philly ...probably have to send that pic to our inboxes, not cool to post here although I would 'cause I'd be PISSED!!!

Get the TL back ... hope your story is true.

Only pictures of the car I have were on my cell which she also took, and I only had the car for two weeks. I do realize that there are a few TL-S's in philly that are the same color and everything, so if you see one being taken apart maybe. Other wise the only thing is that temp. registration on the back window.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Intermediate

Oh and thank you guys for all of your support.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
wtf, go steal her car
Old 03-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by gutz
Only pictures of the car I have were on my cell which she also took, and I only had the car for two weeks. I do realize that there are a few TL-S's in philly that are the same color and everything, so if you see one being taken apart maybe. Other wise the only thing is that temp. registration on the back window.
Do you know the Temp Plate number? I know it may be a small chance that there are two Anthracite 02-03 TLs with a temp plate, but just in case, it may help to post that here as well. Good luck, I hope you get your car back safe and sound!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
not to be an ass but first and foremost, once you cut the line, you should have never gone back to pick her up... in all honesty she is not your responsibility to look after her... she is a big girl and can look after herself... and if she has caused you all these problems including life threatening to your health, that is a clear signal that this girl is not good for you... so run very fast in the other direction...

as for your car... the 72 hr window is protocol... i hate that bs... it is like if someone is missing, they have to wait 24 hrs before they do anything... but anyways, i would suggest that you repost a thread in the more common forums like "Car Talk" for people to look out for your car so that it is not just looked at by TL'ers eyes... feel free to link back to this thread for the background story... but just because the police get to sleep for 72 hrs on this case, you shouldn't...

best of luck and keep us posted... and tell your buddies to take you out to a strip club afterwards... sh!t i'll drive down to Philly, we can have a mini meet at a joint then go out for cheesesteaks afterwards!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 PM
信是寶

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
best of luck and keep us posted... and tell your buddies to take you out to a strip club afterwards... sh!t i'll drive down to Philly, we can have a mini meet at a joint then go out for cheesesteaks afterwards!!!
OK, mini meet, I'm in! Are we going to Pat's or Gino's ... gutz is like, "Damn, I get my car stolen and these guys are ready to party!"

Hopefully she will get scared when the cops show up with the warrant and confess to her evil ways!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Pat's Ftmfw!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
what part of Philly did this happen and what part does she live in or frequent?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BlueAc
what part of Philly did this happen and what part does she live in or frequent?

The car she took in Fairmont/ art museum area, thats where I am. Then she had to pick her own car up which was parked about 20 min away off of Roosevelt blvd. and fox/henry ave. around where Philadelphia University is at. Now she lives around Grant ave. and the Roosevelt which is 30 min away from there, in NE.

Because I know she did all this within 2 hours including pick up a friend I figure this car would be somewhere in north philly around Allegheny somewhere. Or in Bensalem/Neshaminy that is where most of her friends live.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
B A N N E D

holy shit... well, seeing that the tag can be taken off at any time since it's just a temporary, tell us your tag number quickly.. i have a couple of TL's that match your discription down here, if i see the tag and match it, i'll follow the tl around until the cops catch up
Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
10th Gear

Damn bro! That sux! I hope you get your ride back! I'd straight up pussy punch that biznitch the next time I see her! Good luck buddy........ you just need to cut the cord and walk away because I really dont see it getting better once it has gone this far! Keep your head up.......... it will take gutz to get thru this ordeal amigo!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

I don't see any harm in giving out the tag. "GXF-4834". Oh and the car has expired inspections/emissions, I was going to get that done this week but now it might be for the better if the car gets pulled over for it.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Razorhogz TL
......... it will take gutz to get thru this ordeal amigo!
funny
Old 03-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
not to be an ass but first and foremost, once you cut the line, you should have never gone back to pick her up... in all honesty she is not your responsibility to look after her... she is a big girl and can look after herself... and if she has caused you all these problems including life threatening to your health, that is a clear signal that this girl is not good for you... so run very fast in the other direction...

as for your car... the 72 hr window is protocol... i hate that bs... it is like if someone is missing, they have to wait 24 hrs before they do anything... but anyways, i would suggest that you repost a thread in the more common forums like "Car Talk" for people to look out for your car so that it is not just looked at by TL'ers eyes... feel free to link back to this thread for the background story... but just because the police get to sleep for 72 hrs on this case, you shouldn't...

Thank you for the great advise. I will have this thread linked in a few minutes.

Oh and we are all going to some kind of club for sure. I would love to have a mini meet for sure, especially with my car!!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
FOR SALE - BM

i will keep a lookout. i should be in the art museum area tonight at some point. sucks she stole your car.. i hope you leave her..
Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Instructor

howd she get into your parents house in the first place? and how are you letting her control you like her btch? not trying to judge you, but wondering how something like that could happen.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
The Talk of New York

I'll keep a lookout for it here in NYC just incase
Old 03-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stylesinfinite
howd she get into your parents house in the first place? and how are you letting her control you like her btch? not trying to judge you, but wondering how something like that could happen.

This has been a long relationship and things were good ones. Actually the last couple of weeks she has been great to me, I been more of an asshole because I just didn't trust her "change" and my feelings for her were almost all gone. And when I say she just moved from my apt. I mean 2 days before this all happened so we were still close. She still had hope that I loved her, but when I told her in the car that I was done she snapped.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

And thats the only regret that I have, for not telling her that my feelings changed. And dragging this out until it got this bad, I've been an asshole to her for the past couple of weeks hoping she would just leave getting mad at everything she did. I realized that I was just mad at her because I felt the relationship failed because of her. Although I did my share to ruin it as well. And what is happening now is the last thing I wanted to happen.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:39 PM
:( Harminder Is Lost In

you guys want me to keep an eye on the west coast?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

dont forget about the phone. she stole that too.

If you want to go full out, aggravated assault would be a nice start to her criminal record, assuming she doesnt have one.

Good luck man.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Intermediate

Phone?

If the phone is in the car...the car can be tracked by your cell phone company. On or OFF...call them they can give you or the cops exact co-ordinates of that car.

Ask Bobby Cutts jr....the cop in ohio that killed his girlfriend that is how they tracked him...his cell was handing off signals to different towers and they pinned him down...so if the cell is in that car. You are in LUCK!

GL
Old 03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the foxchase, ne area. I'll keep an eye out for you. Any distinctions on the car other than temp tags?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Originally Posted by Adrenalin540
If the phone is in the car...the car can be tracked by your cell phone company. On or OFF...call them they can give you or the cops exact co-ordinates of that car.

Ask Bobby Cutts jr....the cop in ohio that killed his girlfriend that is how they tracked him...his cell was handing off signals to different towers and they pinned him down...so if the cell is in that car. You are in LUCK!

GL
nice. I have a question, though. Will it still work if the phone uses a SIM card? The girl might've already switched it though if it does.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Intermediate

Even with a sim...

the phone has an identity, with or without the sim. that identity is traceable, so when the sim was changed that phone tracked the change. so they can tell exactly when the 'switch' was made, and by who provided the person with the sim made the change...seemingly harmless yet...traceable!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fyre Man
nice. I have a question, though. Will it still work if the phone uses a SIM card? The girl might've already switched it though if it does.
Unfortunately she had the phone when I called my own cell later that day. The reason she took the phone is to see if some girl would call it, or some psyco reason like that.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
IDEA! what kind of cellphone provider to you have? do you have GPS on your phone???? its a shot in the dark, but some people allow you to track other cellphone users down ala Sprint and helio
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gutz
This has been a long relationship and things were good ones. Actually the last couple of weeks she has been great to me, I been more of an asshole because I just didn't trust her "change" and my feelings for her were almost all gone. And when I say she just moved from my apt. I mean 2 days before this all happened so we were still close. She still had hope that I loved her, but when I told her in the car that I was done she snapped.

Gutz, I feel your pain buddy. I have been in three relationships over the past six years, was engaged once, and dealt with some of the craziest fucking shit anyone could imagine. Thank god none of the crazy bitches ever stole my TL. Keep your chin up pal, you sound like a really nice kid, and you will get the woman you deserve before long. Like a few people here have said, you just need to stop talking to little selfish girls, girls whose vocabulary doesn't grasp any word without the letters M-E in them. I am 25 and have yet to find one myself, we know it ain't easy. So good luck to the both of us. Anyway, I really hope you get your car back soon buddy, and the next time you see that c*nt, tell her to stay the fuck away from you forever, or the next thing to disappear will be her!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm going to Philly tonight, but not the art museum or allegheny ave. areas. I'll def keep a lookout. 02-03 Antracite TL-S with temp tags sounds easy to recognize. Good luck man and def get a restraining order on that bitch!

Quick Reply: Stolen 2003 Acura TL-S - Philadelphia, PA