stock cd player couldn't eject!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001 | 08:59 PM

Angry stock cd player couldn't eject!

I just recently discovered that a CD-R I made wouldn't eject out of the acura stock cd changer. It looks like this particular CD i burned had a pretty thick CD label (CD Stomper, glossy brand). The regular paper matte on most cd labelers should be okay.

After inserting and trying to eject this particular CD, the CD loader had problems ejecting regular CDs I made with the thin, regular matte label.

Now I have to bring it in the Acura dealership to get this taken care of. So just a warning to all TL owners with these types of audio systems...don't stick in CDs with thick labels!!
Old 08-31-2001 | 10:46 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

I've been using it and it works great...
I've notice however, that the pre 02 TL can't play green/blue surface...
Old 09-01-2001 | 01:30 AM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Same thing happen to me with a thicker CD-R. Thankfully I got it out on my own after about 10 minutes of prying.
Old 09-01-2001 | 03:46 AM
Pro

I always get my CD-R's jammed in my TL-S. This is the trick on how i get them out each and every time. Usually my CD-R's will get stuck when I LOAD and EJECT them. When they get stuck, you can see the door open and part of the cd...i just take an extra CD and push the CD-R back in a downward direction. It works all the time. hope this helps
Old 09-02-2001 | 01:30 AM
Pro

Exclamation

Get the CD-R's that don't need a label - you can write right on them. Right on!
Old 09-02-2001 | 06:42 PM

thanks acuratlfan

thanks for the advice! i'll try to stick in another cd so it can load it back in
Old 09-02-2001 | 08:27 PM
Banned

Re: thanks acuratlfan

Originally posted by binhtn
thanks for the advice! i'll try to stick in another cd so it can load it back in
Yup yup. Just take the edge of the new CD and press back gently against the CD visible in the changer opening. It gives the motor a second "try" at spitting out the CD. I've also experienced this problem with some spindle CD-Rs. I think the thickness variance in CD-Rs is the problem. And whatever you do, *don't* use stick-on labels. Many people mistakenly believe that the heat inside the player will gum them up and jam the player. While this is entirely possible (especially with cheaper "no-name" labels) the real problem in our stock HU is the fact that the motor for ejecting is so weak it can't handle the extra thickness the label adds to the disk. It jams trying to spit them out. I had to surgically remove one with needlenose pliers before I learned my lesson. My '97 Maxima SE's stock single-disc player would get so hot you could barely touch the disk when it came out and I never had a single label peel or gum-up in the player. I played labelled disks all the time.

Moral of the story: It's the thickness, not the heat (just like I tell the ladies )
Old 09-05-2001 | 03:57 PM
Instructor

RE: CD labels

Yeah, its probably a good idea to start buying CD-R's which have no label at all. I've heard some horror stories about the label actually coming off inside the CD players. I guess the excess heat inside the unit causes the label to become loose, and eventually it will detach from the CD itself. So, in order to avoid this problem in the future, i would start buying CD-R's with a label that comes painted on( i dont know how they do it, but u know what im talking about) or ones that have no labels at all. It'll save u a lot of hassle and maybe some money in the future.

Have a good day
Old 09-05-2001 | 04:00 PM
Instructor

hmm, just read pianomans opinion, maybe these were sh@#$y lables that came off inside my friends cd players. Guess we'll never know. Or they could be lying to me. ??? if they are...bastards