SRS light went on while I was driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 05:28 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy SRS light went on while I was driving

While I was driving, the red SRS light came on. I then pulled over and turned off the car and then started it up again. The light is still on! In the morning when I started my car, the yellow REQ'D Maint light came on. I just came home and reset the REQ'D MAINT light, but the SRS is still on. What could be the reason? I'm also worried that the dealership might say something about my alarm I got installed (last week). Does getting an aftermarket alarm on the car void any warranties?

By the way, my car has 6k miles.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

You wouldn't happen to have something in your passenger's seat would you? If you put a medium weight object, say a breifcase w/ a laptop, in the seat, the passenger airbag is turned off. If not, then have the dealership check it out. The Maint. Reqd. light is only a reminder of service being needed (I think -- it comes on about every 6000 miles) and comes on when it's time for an oil change. The alarm shouldn't void any warranty.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:48 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Originally posted by RedLined
You wouldn't happen to have something in your passenger's seat would you? If you put a medium weight object, say a breifcase w/ a laptop, in the seat, the passenger airbag is turned off. If not, then have the dealership check it out. The Maint. Reqd. light is only a reminder of service being needed (I think -- it comes on about every 6000 miles) and comes on when it's time for an oil change. The alarm shouldn't void any warranty.
It's the red SRS light, not the yellow SRS lights for the passenger seat.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:15 PM
Banned

Sounds like you better get it into the dealer ASAP.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Ditto
Old 10-24-2001, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

definitely a visit, not normal at all. well, they can't say anything about your alarm unless they can prove that it's directly related. otherwise screw them.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:19 AM
Racer

dayum, i've seen a lot of posts on this lately.

Mine came on 2-3 days ago. i have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. I dunno why it came on. I'll post what happens afterwards.

FYI - My car is exactly 1 year old with 23K miles on it.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:26 PM
bh
Advanced

Mine did that a couple months ago around 2k miles. The computer said there was a malfunction in the passenger seat and they just reset the computer and said if the SRS light came on again later they'd replace the seat. i'd be sorta hesitant about sitting in the passenger seat. Hope those sensors are working ok. Along with my engine pinging, this car is becoming somewhat annoying. Oh yeah, there was the moonroof tape that started peeling off and sticking out. It's embarrassing when people ask me why my car is back at the dealer.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you had your factory recall on your seat belt replaced? I have a notice to replace mine, but haven't had time. The dealer said there was no rush as long as the srs light didn't come on. There is a problem with some of the microprocessors on the seat belts and if your car has this problem, it turns off the seat belt. It is like no one is belted in on that seat and the srs remains off in case of crash.. Go to your dealer and they will replace the seat belt buckles.. I think I have told you right.. good luck.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:21 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Originally posted by wv5b
Have you had your factory recall on your seat belt replaced? I have a notice to replace mine, but haven't had time. The dealer said there was no rush as long as the srs light didn't come on. There is a problem with some of the microprocessors on the seat belts and if your car has this problem, it turns off the seat belt. It is like no one is belted in on that seat and the srs remains off in case of crash.. Go to your dealer and they will replace the seat belt buckles.. I think I have told you right.. good luck.
I called up this afternoon to setup an appointment to get my SRS light checked, fix the cracked wheel liner (3rd time), and to fix the squeaky noise from my sunroof. It doesn't show that my car had a factory recall fix done to it. The dealership is guessing that it has something to do with a seatbelt sensor. Well, I will let you guys know the outcome by Wednesday. Thanks everyone for the help!

-Ben-
Old 10-24-2001, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CarFreak

I called up this afternoon to setup an appointment to get my SRS light checked, fix the cracked wheel liner (3rd time), and to fix the squeaky noise from my sunroof. It doesn't show that my car had a factory recall fix done to it. The dealership is guessing that it has something to do with a seatbelt sensor. Well, I will let you guys know the outcome by Wednesday. Thanks everyone for the help!

-Ben-

the light came on cuz you didnt buy the spoiler.
Old 11-03-2001, 11:03 AM
Ex TL-S owner

Thumbs up

Well I took my car into the dealer and they fixed my squeaky sunroof (now it's quiet), changed my front wheel well liner (cuz there was a crack) and the reset the SRS sensor. They said that the OPDS Sensor under my passengers seat seems like it's going to fail again so they ordered a new one for me. So far, my SRS light hasn't lit up.
Old 11-03-2001, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by wv5b
Yup I got mine fixed. Didn't even know about it till I went to Acura's website and registered my VIN. Everybody should do it...tells you all the recalls out on your car.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

MY red SRS light also came on just today.
I found this and am hoping this is why

Originally posted by valuetl

You have to reset the SRS memory. Whenever you take apart any SRS system componet the light will come on. Resetting it is easy, need to jumper out the wiring connector. The dealer can do it in 5 min.

This forum is great. I forgot about that. I put in my TLS gauges last week and my RED SRS light came on today. Even though it is a week later that may be the cause. I am going to reset it and then see if it comes back. I will also mention the OPDS sensor. This forum is great.
Does anyone know if the SRS with the seatbelt buckle recall was for both the drivers and passenger sides? I only had the drivers side replaced.