someone broke into my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2000, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy someone broke into my car

Damn fellas, my christmas was going pretty phat till this morning I realized I left my car doors unlocks. I was parked on my street cause I had people over and their cars where on the driveway. stupid me left some of my deposit bags from my store in the glove compartment. Well to make a long story short, I mad the thiefs job pretty easy and he stole a total of about 9 thousand dollars that included my deposit and some spending cash i left in one of my sport coats, my sport coat, and my old cell phone i leave in there. good thing they didn't open the trunk cause they could've stole my system too. i'm pissed as shit right now, stolen right under my nose!

------------------
'99 Acura 3.2TL Satin Silver
Old 12-26-2000, 10:20 AM
Drifting

Damn dude, sorry to hear that, especially right around the holiday season. At least you were ok and the money wasn't taken from you by force. Dont sweat it as I am sure you will make up the money quickly. Sorry that it happened though.

------------------
18" Giovanna Corsica rims
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing
Indiglo Rear Acura symbol

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Pioneer XDV-P9 DVD changer
Pioneer AVX-P7000 headunit with screen flush mount
Pioneer AVM-P9000R A/V processor
Pioneer GEX-P7000TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.
Old 12-26-2000, 10:30 AM
Pro

Unhappy

AAAAAAaaarrgh! Sorry to hear that dude, but like Stylin said, at least it wasn't taken by force. I wasonce bound and gagged with duct tape as a couple guys emptied my old Car stereo place out ($150k in inventory plus $9k cash, plus my own $2k) THAT was an interesting experience I do not wish upon anyone. Anyways, cash is replacable, but you are not, so I'm glad you ar earound to be mad about it. Stil, i am sorry to hear about this. I always wished these cars would auto lock and auto arm, but I guess some people would lock themselves out.

PS- glad the wiring worked out for you.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL
Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17-mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs-Inspire Tailights-20/30/40 tint

Y2k Honda S2k Roadster
- Mingster Aeroscreen, Smokin Front mesh Grill, Clear Sidemarkers
Old 12-26-2000, 10:42 AM
Pro

how did they break into your car???? did the alarm go off? anyways sorry to here that.
Old 12-26-2000, 10:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Dude, that sucks. Like you said, it could have been worse, but still sucks.

Sorry to hear.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 12-26-2000, 12:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thats what came to mind when I read the posts too.

Does insurance cover the money lost in your car?

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar

[This message has been edited by PhiTL (edited December 26, 2000).]
Old 12-26-2000, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I wouldn't consider East Brunswick "quiet".
Old 12-26-2000, 12:26 PM
Racer

Unhappy

Man...sorry to hear that. I thought the car will lock itself in a couple of minutes if you left it unlocked. Unless you have the key in there too...in which case it will not lock the door. Or the theif might have been one of your guest or neighbor who just happens to got to the car before the car automatically locks the door. In any case...you're safe so that's a good thing.

Peace
Old 12-26-2000, 01:37 PM
Rx Master

Hey man, sorry about the lose. IT always sucks to be robbed. My besdt friened was also robbed at a restaurenat he worked at. The bastards must have scoped out the placve for a while casue they went right in and broke all the camaras 1st, then went right for the safe. He let them into the safe room and they couldnt get into the 2nd part cause my frend locked himself inside a closet that had a aluminum door, they even trieedn to shoot the door in to get him out but the bullets bounced back. Stupid criminals. WEll at least u got out ok, and u will now remeber to never leave money like that in your car again.
And, East brunswick aint the greatest neighboorhood, its not trenton, but its not Pleasurville.
WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, and bel 950 radar detector
exaust and coilovers to come soon

Old 12-26-2000, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry to hear about the incident...Lesson learned.. Don't leave money in your car!..Problem by my house, my upstairs neighbor had a few cars while living with us, and he must have gotten his car stolen or broken into at least 5 times, while in the driveway too! My car was parked in front of his..He's a Dr., on call 24/7, so his car must be the last one out in the driveway, and I have a set of his keys to move his car out if i need to go out..He leaves his interior a big mess with stuff all over the place..My interior is clean, never leave anything in sight for a perspective thief to want to break into it..Even if I leave my car without my jacket, I put the jacket in the trunk.

Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 12-26-2000, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

thats what i though, i mean sometimes when i unlock the car and don't open the door quickly enough it locks. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anyone in my party, they were all mostly family there. its prob some punk kid in my area, you know, all those wanna be thugs that live in the burbs. i'm still a bit pissed but theres nothing i can do but get over it, police report i got and all that isn't gonna find the theif. thanks for the condolenses guys. shit, let whoever took it keep it, if he's desperate enough to take it on the holidays then his life must pretty much suck. oh well life goes on.

------------------
Old 12-26-2000, 07:11 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.
Old 12-26-2000, 11:22 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear that man esp. during the holiday season.

I though the car would lock itself if not touch for 1 minute.
Old 12-26-2000, 11:45 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by urirx98:
And, East brunswick aint the greatest neighboorhood, its not trenton, but its not Pleasurville.
WG

</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NSXNEXT:
I wouldn't consider East Brunswick "quiet".</font>

com'on guys EB isn't that BAD, its a nice suburban area that has the fault all richy towns have, stupid ass kids whoes life is to take mommy and daddy's money and spend it on drugs. But actually this was stolen in Manalapan New Jersey at my parents house not in EB. if you guys ever been to manalapan stay the hell away, worst friggen town in the world

BTW NSXNEXT: you been to EB before??

------------------
Old 12-26-2000, 11:59 PM
Banned

Question

Are you sure it wasn't anyone from your party or one of your neighbours?
I mean if you live in a quite neighborhood the thiefs are pretty rare....

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-27-2000, 12:06 AM
Drifting

Sorry to hear that happend to you, man.

Sh*t happens... but you wouldn't want it to when you got alotah dough in your car. At least they left you the car. Remember to lock your car every time!

ps, the thief didn't break in if it was unlocked......

------------------
Y2K satin-silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18 x 7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo Proxes FZ4 225/40/18
H&R OEM Springs
PIAA 1700x w/ Inspire Foglight switch
Polarg M-12 Front turn signals
38% window tint
Valentine 1
Old 12-27-2000, 12:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

That sucks!
Old 12-27-2000, 04:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey,
How's the cell business going? Hope all is well. Merry Christmas all the same.

------------------
Some Say "TL Type S," Navi, Spoiler, Side Skirts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs in side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&a=10077686
Old 12-27-2000, 08:38 AM
Racer

Originally posted by yu888:
AAAAAAaaarrgh! Sorry to hear that dude, but like Stylin said, at least it wasn't taken by force. I wasonce bound and gagged with duct tape as a couple guys emptied my old Car stereo place out ($150k in inventory plus $9k cash, plus my own $2k) THAT was an interesting experience I do not wish upon anyone. Anyways, cash is replacable, but you are not, so I'm glad you ar earound to be mad about it. Stil, i am sorry to hear about this. I always wished these cars would auto lock and auto arm, but I guess some people would lock themselves out.

PS- glad the wiring worked out for you.

Yu888, did you consider having a weapon? If it was me having a shop, I would be packing some nice little cannon.

------------------
2000 TL Pearl White w\o nav
1991 Volvo 940 Turbo Traded

"Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride"
Old 12-27-2000, 09:05 AM
Pro

Sorry to hear that man. Like all have said, Glad you're okay... rig up voltage to run through the door handles next time, like Bond's 740i... give em a good wake up shock.
Old 12-27-2000, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by F=ma:
Sorry to hear that man. Like all have said, Glad you're okay... rig up voltage to run through the door handles next time, like Bond's 740i... give em a good wake up shock.
i actually was thinkin that but what if some old lady accidently bumped into my ride, it would shock the shit out of'em!
Bobatimez: the cell buiz is going good, not as busy yet cause we just opened 3 weeks ago but we're going pretty good. I got a store up in Roselle Park, anyone live near there? If so let me know to be there and drop a visit!

------------------
Old 12-27-2000, 03:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Yo Chris! Damn, Damn Damn, sorry to hear about this. Just reading this post right now, OMG? WTF? Shit. What can I say, man. Damn.

Ok. I'm calm. Hey you didn't tell me where you opened the store. Damn, kid I hope everything is alright. I'm gonna come down to check the store out. Give me the addy, aight. IM me.

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor,
35% Smoke Metallic Tint, Burlwood Shiftknob and more to come!

Stereo System Coming!
Old 12-27-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro

pawel- they caught me away from the counter, so not much i could do. merchandise and cash is always replacable, insurance finally coughed up like $250k for losses and loss of biz. still sucks tho.

the car lock system in the TL only relocks if you unlock it remotely and then do not open the door. The alarm thinks it was an accidental disarm and rearms it self. It does not passively arm when you leave. My old alarm was programmed to self lock ALWAYS!, but like I said, others complain b/c they get locked out when they fill up and stuff.

So Mafioso...do I need to design some new wiring for your car to shock the next intruders? j/k just glad your car and you are still around.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by yu888 on December 27, 2000 @ ]</font>
Old 12-27-2000, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bdimc2001:
Yo Chris! Damn, Damn Damn, sorry to hear about this. Just reading this post right now, OMG? WTF? Shit. What can I say, man. Damn.

Ok. I'm calm. Hey you didn't tell me where you opened the store. Damn, kid I hope everything is alright. I'm gonna come down to check the store out. Give me the addy, aight. IM me.

yeah no doubt, come check it out. i'll drop you a email with the address, EO is sorta by roselle park, its exit 137 on the parkway.
let me know when you wanna come up and i'll be there. as for the car, it was my fault that stuff was stolen not the cars, i'm the idiot that left the car unlocked with all that cash in there. oh well, just think of all the mods i could've done with all that money. siihhhggg

------------------
Old 12-28-2000, 01:44 AM
Pro

Anyone know if the alarm in the TL is the same as the one in the Type-R? My friend has an 'R with the stock alarm, his alarm came with it's own manual. From the manual he learned how to set it for passive arming and so now his car automatically arms itself. I don't like the alarm doing this myself and so I never bothered to find out if the TL could do this too. My friend is on holidays and so I won't be able to look at his manual for awhile.

Mafioso, you could also consider getting an aftermarket alarm w/ the passive arming function.
Old 12-28-2000, 08:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by speed:

Mafioso, you could also consider getting an aftermarket alarm w/ the passive arming function.
i think i'm just gonna leave the alarm the way it is. I pick my bimmer up january and i'm giving the TL to my sister this september.

------------------
Old 12-28-2000, 08:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Yeah Chris? which bm are you getting the 330 you where talking about. yeah drop me an e-mail aight or im me. Later. good luck on the biz. don't lose no more dough ok.

------------------

Stereo System Coming!
Old 12-28-2000, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bdimc2001:
Yeah Chris? which bm are you getting the 330 you where talking about. yeah drop me an e-mail aight or im me. Later. good luck on the biz. don't lose no more dough ok.

BTW, i'm sellin my system from my car.i know you where lookin at gettin a system, if your interested let me know. its a 2400 PPI amp, kicker xver, Phoenix gold 1/2 farat cap, a 12" kicker solo

------------------
Old 12-29-2000, 10:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Damn Chris, you should have told me earlier. I already bought the system. Actually I sell it myself. I got a JL 12w6, Audiobahn A1800E and an alpine changer, but I might take your cap and your ppi amp too. I'll probably sell my Audiobahn amp then. It's new and should be pretty easy to sell. Let me know what you want for them.

------------------

Stereo System Coming!