Somebody Help me with Suspension Problem !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Somebody Help me with Suspension Problem !!

well i have been crusin on H&R Race springs for about 5 months
The ride was still like a stock at first but now
all the comfort ride is gone and car is way too bouncy !!
i now hate my driving my TL cuz of uncomfortable ride and
too much squeaks from everywhere !
but squeaks i can live with but ride is just horrible !
so i am thinking if i get shock ride will be fine once again
but what kind of shocks do i need to get for H&R Race spring?
i regret getting Race spring ! i should have gotten Sport spring like everybody else !~
sorry i am newbie with modifying cars and stuff so i need
you guys intellectual opinions please !~
thanks
Old 07-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Safety Car

I used to have H&R race springs with Tokico Illuminas on my Civic. It rides good when you put in 1 (soft) and a big headache if you put in 5 (super stiff). Anyways, I would go for the Tokico Illuminas if I were you. I'm not sure about Koni's because I've never tried them. If your looking for the stock soft ride again with those springs, forget it.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, I hate to be the first (maybe only) to tell you but I think your best choice is to sell the race springs and go with the sport or OE's if you want to keep with H&R. There is always a compromise between handling and comfort. Sounds like the race springs cross the line for you. They would me also. Shocks are not going to correct the problem. Welcome to school. Class has begun.

In doing mod's on your car, check out the previous threads with a search. You'll get a lot of good information... and the information is cheap.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro

I will be the second one (smart a$$) to tell you, from my experience race springs belong to a car intended to be a track car. No offense, some people like the look and the way it handles of race springs. However, if you drive your car on public road, there are always tradeoff for comfort and durability. My guess is your struts are worn because of the high Ks of your springs. Your choice will be either going back to OEM, but upgrade to peformance struts, like Koni. Or go for something less extreme and performance struts. I have used Koni before, they are pretty stiff already even with OEM spring. Also, I like them because they are ride-height adjustable (not coil over) and for the TL, both front and rear's stiffness are externally adjustable. If I were you, I would go back to OEM with Koni. Just my opinion, don't believe in me completely. Check with other members for Koni experience. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Drifting

Get KONI adjustables. I had KONI's in both my previous 93 and 97 Preludes and I was extremely happy with the ride comfort. It was "comfortably stiff" is how my female friends put it. KONI's should better your ride comfort. Even if you end up swapping out your race springs with others, such as Comptechs, you'll still need new shocks anyway... so you might as well.

My next mod is going to be KONI shocks.

-------------------------------------------
2000 Silver TL, Non-Navi
E-Mail:slvrtl@acura-tl.com
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/slvrtl/
Old 07-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Vin
Advanced

Your ride is too bouncy, because your stock shocks are done. The spring is too stiff for the shock. You should invest in some Konis.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:10 AM
Advanced

so do I need to change the spring to OEM and change the shock with Koni or can i just get keep the spring and get koni?