So Cal Dealer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 03:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Cal Dealer Recommendation

My brother in Hermosa Beach wants to look at a TL-S. Any suggestions on what dealer to to check out would be appreciated. All of my preaching of my soon to be car has talked him into possible getting one of his own.

UPDATE!! New delivery date has been pushed up a week to August 7th. Dealer called me today with VIN. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! TL-S with NAVI, WDP w/Parchment Interior
Old 08-01-2001, 03:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Peyton-Cramer in Torrance is closest to him, and I had a great experience buying an Integra there a few years back. Since Acura's headquarters is less than a mile away, they have to be especially careful to live up to all the customer service promises Acura makes.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:06 PM
Pro

Downey Acura and ask for Oscar. Avoid Sierra Acura in Alhambra.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:07 PM
tea elle

Exclamation

Absolutely go to Keyes Acura in Van Nuys and ask for David Mills. In fact, call David in advance and tell him that Mike (who traded in a 2001 silver TL for a 2002 silver TL-S) told you to call him. He'll set up a time to meet with you and he will definitely take care of you.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:16 PM
bh
Advanced

hehe. all this time i thought tea elle was a girl.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:20 PM
tea elle

Originally posted by bh
hehe. all this time i thought tea elle was a girl.
LOL! Jeeeeez....maybe I need to change my name.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:15 PM
Racer

Thanks for the recommendations, he is going Saturday to at least two dealers.
Old 08-02-2001, 04:55 PM
Cruisin'

Wink if you got cash

If you got cash this is my recommendation

Hit multiple dealers and tell them exactly what u want and keep bargaining for about 2 weeks till they hate u. I did this and you would be supprised what the dealer will drop.

I got the wheel locks and mudflaps for free because the dealer wouldn't take them off and he had to compete with the So Cal dealer that i kept quoting.

I made it like an auction for me. seriously though i save a few thousand, which was worth the 20 phone calls.

Come to las Vegas. they will really deal. They beat out the So Cal dealers prices. Plus you can come gamble the savings here and have a free weekend trip. Falconis acura is our dealer.

Doc
Old 08-02-2001, 08:09 PM
Pro

Talking

Tea elle - elle is the French word for she or her, I forget which, but it does refer to a female!!!! Sorry
Old 08-02-2001, 08:48 PM
Instructor

is there a shortage of tl's in so cal now? (as in, you have to wait to get the car?)
Old 08-03-2001, 01:44 AM
Racer

Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim gave me a good deal...

31,200 for a tl-s including dest. wheels locks, mud flaps, and a trunk tray...

OTD just over 34,000 dollars

The deal was done back in April....pretty good at the time, it just came out in March.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Re: if you got cash

Originally posted by DocDave
If you got cash this is my recommendation

Come to las Vegas. they will really deal. They beat out the So Cal dealers prices. Plus you can come gamble the savings here and have a free weekend trip. Falconis acura is our dealer.

Doc
I gave Falconi Acura a chance and there where not able to come down to the price I got by going to South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, CA. They where a $1000 higher than what I paid in CA.
Falconi is the only dealer in LV and if you live here the option is to go to them or go out of state. I think they think they have the market cornered or something. $31K TLS with Nav. mud flaps and wheel locks. OTD it was $33,400. Not bad I drove from South Coast to LV and registered a week latter. Only 6 mile on the odometer!!
Old 08-03-2001, 12:50 PM
Instructor

I am also in the process of dealing with a few So Ca dealerships to get my Type S. First of all I'll give some info about myself...not to bore you guys or anything....but I understand everyone's situation is different...so here's just my opinion and personal situation. I am 20 year old college student...(which I think has a big effect on the way the sales deal with me). My parents are paying for most of the car...so they're a major factor in the purchasing process. However, I try to deal with the dealers myself..and only myself...and at the end just showing my parents the figure. I'm debating to trade in my current car (94 Toyota Land Cruiser) or sell it myself. If the dealers can give me a good deal...I would trade it in....if not...I would have to sell it myself first...because I do need the few thousand difference. So bascially I'm just a yougin going into the dog eat dog world at the dealerships. Some of them I visited...and some I only spoke to on the phone...so far this is my personal experience:

Weir Canyon Acura: I dealt and is still dealing with John Finney. So far its been a pretty plesant experience. I havent actually gotten any actual numbers yet. I went in to see him...asked him to get an appraisal on my Land Cruiser. I told him I couldnt make a decision right then and there...cuz of my parents. Also that I'm trading it my Land Cruiser...and it depends how much he can give me for trade in...because I do have to sell it before I can buy the Type S. He was very courteous and understanding about that....not pushy at all. I'm planning to go back there this week to sit down and work thing out. We'll see how that goes...

South Coast Acura: I was referred to this particular dealership by many people on this site...and to a particular sales associate (we wont name his name...but his initials are JH...hehe). I only spoke to this guy on the phone....and I thought I wasnt treated very well already. His price to me was pretty good...however attitude was where it fell apart. In our first conversation...I explained to him by situation as far as my parents. At the time...I told him there's was no trade in. So he gave me a quote...and I told him I would contact him. Everything was ok at that point. Second conversation was the problem. He left a message to check up on me the next week..and said something like "I would like to work out a deal before the end of the month...it benefits both me and you." I was thinking to myself...he must have a quota he wants to meet....plus he wants the commission of my possible deal for his up-coming pay check. It doesnt really benefit me...so I get a car sooner....not that big of deal. So I called him back. At this point, I told him I might have a trade in to do with him and I was willing to travel from Riverside to South Coast just to pay him a visit. That way he could possibly give me a quote on my trade in also. I told him straight out that the trade in is a big factor in me purchasing the Type S and he got that point. He responded...would you be able to get the car the same day? I told him...unfortunately...no...since my parents will not be able to go in to see him with me. But if he gives me a good enough deal..I can come back in a few days for sure after talking to my parents. I dont know what he thought...but I'm guessing he thinks I'm BS'in him or something. His response back to me was "Well..unless you can buy the car that day...it's really no point to show up. I'm not authorized to give appraisals unless you tell me that you'll buy the car that visit." I was a little annoyed by that comment. It's like either I get the car the same day...or he's not willing to deal with me. At this point....I said "Ok...since you put it that way...then I guess I'll just contact you later" and hung up. South Coast isnt the only dealership around So CA....and they're not the only one with the car I want. But sales JH sure acted like it in my opinion. So...unless last measure...I'm pretty sure I wont be going back to him.

I'm also dealing with Cerritos Acura and Downy Acura. Kristine and Mitch were the people at Cerritos that I spoke to on the phone. Seem nice enough. But hey...they all seem like on the phone...so keep that in mind. We'll see when I actually pay them a visit. Marlon O at Downy was pretty good too. I'll probably pay him a visit.

I'm sorry this is such a LONG post. Just wanted to give my personal experiences...hope it'll help. These are just my personal thoughts....I'm glad some of you had better luck with South Coast.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:01 PM
Pro

Sorry to hear your unpleasant experience on S. Coast Acura. I bought by in Downey. Seen from your post that you are going to pay a visit. Good Luck and let us know your progress.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:08 PM
bh
Advanced

hehe JH is a bit aggressive, but if u work with him and stand your ground, he'll budge with the numbers. He's pretty paranoid giving out a quote cuz he's afraid you'll just take that number somewhere else and buy. Hey thats how car shopping works tho. I lied about being ready to buy just to get a number out of his bum. I sat there quiet, with my arms crossed staring at him and the number dropped a few times, but it was a little too much just to get a quote. I left and he was gonna cry. I came back later tho and got my tls from there. But I must warn everybody of the mangina of a transvestite whore Alex. He's the one in my sig.

Have u checked out Thomas Acura in Covina? i forgot his name but the sales guy there was pretty cool and gave me the second lowest quote.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by azndrgnkid
...and to a particular sales associate (we wont name his name...but his initials are JH...hehe.

I was in a little different boat. It was my money and I did not have a trade in car. Number 1, you need to control the situation. Don't let the dealers get the upper hand. Don't let them tell you what YOU want. You tell them what YOU want and don't let them tell you what they want to sell you. Look on the internet and find what they pay for the vehicle and then tell them on the phone what you are will to buy the vehicle for. Phone calls are cheap.
John just wants to sell cars like every other car saleman. There paychecks rely on car sales.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Thanks BH and TGIF...I will look into Covina too.

Vegas:
Ya I understand phone calls are cheap and sales need to make money also. I have no problem with that. That is why I also wanted to pay JH a visit...to make things more for sure. But what I do have problem with is when a sales basically tell me...buy it NOW or dont bother coming over. Hey...I dont know how you are...but I'm sure a lot of people share my sentiments. Im buying a 30k+ car...not a lil pinto...I dont need that kind of conditions. No transaction is always...come in first time...and buy. I didnt realize that only "come in and buy now" sales are good...sales that require some good service and dealing are not good enough and too much hassel for them. I always thought that thats also part of theyre job. I guess times have changed (sarcasm). He doesnt want to deal with me...thats fine. Like I said...he's not the only dealership around. He might think I'm BS'in him...and not seriously wanting to buy the car because I'm young or whatever. That's fine...he can think whatever he wants. Personally my time is pretty valuable...and I dont have the time to visit dealerships just for fun. There's plenty of other sales that would love to take my business and make money off of me. Too bad for him...he let this sales slip. Thats just my opinion
Old 08-03-2001, 01:43 PM
Instructor

. But I must warn everybody of the mangina of a transvestite whore Alex. He's the one in my sig.
Hehe...I've seen ur sig so many times. I'll keep it in mind...which dealership is he/she/it at? lol
Old 08-03-2001, 01:45 PM
tea elle

Keep it simple. Don't pay more than 31,500 for a TL-S with Navi, or 29,500 for a TL-S without Navi. End of discussion on that.

Go to KBB.com and find out what the trade-in value of you Land Cruiser is and insist that the dealer give you that amount. Obviously the value of the trade will vary depending on the condition of the '94 Land Cruiser, but you should have a realistic trade-in figure in mind. Obviously you're not going to get as much for trade as you would if you sold it yourself, but don't settle for too little.

If you call David Mills at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys 818-782-1120 and tell him that his customer, Mike H...the guy who traded the silver 01 TL for the silver 02 TL-S, told you to call him, he will take care of you. I guarantee it!

I've dealt with tons on car salesman, and David Mills is the easiest guy to deal with. Absolutely no car salesman B.S. with this guy, he's a straight shooter and very "real".

Good Luck!

P.S. You've got GREAT PARENTS!!!!
Old 08-03-2001, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Tea elle:

Thanks alot...thats exactly what I had in mind. I give Keyes a try as well. And I'll be sure to tell my parents the message..hehe
Old 08-03-2001, 02:58 PM
bh
Advanced

he's at south coast. he's the finance guy. just cuz of him i'd recommend staying away. but its a good place to get a nice quote. take that number and run. like the girl said 29,500 for non nav and 31,500 for nav max. I'd push for 29,200 -> ~32 OTD for non nav and 31,000 -> ~34 OTD for nav (with the basic wheel locks and splash guards included). If they want to sell the car, they'll sell it to u for these numbers. I negotiated 33,900 OTD for the nav, but I did that for fun, cuz I didnt want the nav (i think i've seen lower numbers for the nav). 29,200 is a number i figured cuz i got mine with a spoiler for 29,700, so its probably less than 29,200 considering the price of the spoiler and installation.

but if you decide to go back to south coast, make sure you......
Old 08-03-2001, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Nickchop:

Hey...well...I didnt mean to take over your post....seem likeI kinda did that. But either way it's information we can both use. Good luck with your shopping too.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:30 PM
Instructor

tea elle is a guy
Old 08-04-2001, 02:02 AM
Instructor

Where???

>> Since Acura's headquarters is less than a mile away, they have to be especially careful to live up to all the customer service promises Acura makes. <<

Last time I checked, Acura was a division of American Honda Motor Company, located on Torrance Blvd just west of Western. It's on the other side of Torrance from Peyton-Cramer. For someone who supposedly lived down here, you don't seem to know much about it.

As for Peyton-Cramer being careful to live up Acuras promises...please. My experience with Peyton-Cramer when I tried to buy my Type S from them was just average, maybe a little below. I got better customer service from South Coast Acura and also Metro Acura, all of which was documented in the thread I started when I first sent out my faxes and bought my car in April.

What Peyton-Cramer DID do was to give a guy who flew in from Denver a deal on a Type S which was $1000 better than the deal I offered them and which they did not accept. I don't really care where your brother buys his car but my advice is to go for the best deal. If he banks on the fact that he is local to get him that deal, he may get screwed. I live less than three miles from the dealership --- a lot closer than Hermosa Beach --- and it didn't help me one bit. That's why I bought at South Coast Acura.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:18 PM
Instructor

I also bought my Type S from John at South Coast Acura. He is, as you all have hinted at, very abrasive, demanding, and rude. He also gave me the same ultimatum: I'll give you a deal, but you must buy the car that weekend (no trade-ins). What I did to try and get the best deal from him was to keep e-mailing him with different e-mail addresses until I got the deal I wanted. So for about three weekends in a row, I kept on e-mailing him my offer (with different e-mail addresses) until the price came down, which by the way was $29,200 w/o nav. I recently read another post of someone getting a price of $30,880 w/ nav, so the w/o nav price should be even lower that what I got.
Old 08-04-2001, 04:18 PM
Advanced

I was very pleased with Downey Acura's attitude towards my situation (tradein, specific color choice, wanted a great deal) and dealt w/ Phil who was friendly and respectful. The deal done fairlly quickly and they even threw in some acces. to sweeten the deal.

But their true shining moment came when I went back to have them fix my squeeky moonroof. Very professional, got me a rental, appologized for the inconv. , washed/detailed my car, AND
GOT IT FIXED THE FIRST TIME!

Now that's customer service!
Old 08-05-2001, 09:13 PM
Pro

Wink

I also dealt with Phil at Downey Acura. Very friendly, professional and no PRESSURE. I bought my car 3-27 and was back there on 7-27 for my oil change and he remembered me. I have had no complaints with Downey Acura!
Old 08-29-2001, 02:58 AM
Cruisin'

Smile Comments

Hello buyers and shoppers,
This is John Huynh at South Coast Acura.
I would like to thank you to every one that bought Acura TL-S
from me and recommend to other shoppers out there.
Today, I would like to explain something to unhappy customer
that comment about me.
I tried my best to make every customer happy and get their price
that they want not what I want OK?
If you have a trade in. Please bring it in to dealership for appraisal
and it's done by sales manager not me.
All Sales Manager will only gave the real figure of trade in when
you're ready to purchase a new vehicle.
This is a common senses to any dealership. So please don't ask me to do what I'm not suppose to do. Please!!!
If you got a trade in figure from sales person or even a fleet manager, it's not even a real numbers.
I'm not an aggresive person. what are you saying?
I just answer to all the questions straight forward with no sugar
coated. Is that bad?
why are you the only one complaint about me anyway?
what can I do to help you?
You don't have to warn anyone about me OK?
I can proud to say that I'm the best Acura Sales Rep
that you will ever known.
If you or anyone want to discuss any issues, please call me
714-979-2500 ask speak to John or by
e-mail to: john_huynh@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
John Huynh
Internet/Fleet Manager
South Coast Acura
Old 08-29-2001, 03:26 AM
Instructor

Acutally...I'm not the only one who feels this way about you..or as you said "only one complaining about you." Read through the post...other people share the same sentiments. They share the sentiments because they understand what I'm telling them from their personal experience with you. Obviously there's something in the way you do things...that many people feel that its "aggressive." Dont feel personal or anything. This forum is designed with the intention to help out all fellow board memebers...wheather they be current or future owners of an Acura vehicle. Obviously members feel this site gives useful information. Whether it be about the performance of a particular car, modification, prices, or dealerships...thats what they come on to this board for....so that's what they should receive...good honest, unbiased information. Bad/Good reviews are written about any and all sales in the entire US...nothing personal with you. There are plenty of posts that praise other sales associates. Why? Because the members who posted those comments felt they were treated great and the sales did a superb job. If you're a great sales..and the best sales in town..then you really shouldnt have anything to worry about...especially a little post like this. Other people will post positive comments for you. Members on this site will also stick up for you...if I not saying something that is truthful and honest. They would be all over my A$$ for any untruthful comment too. On the other hand...if you have to worry about a little post ruining your reputation...then maybe there is something that you know you could do to make reviews of your dealings a lot better. Its simple as that.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

dont go to weir canyon....them service sucks and they have no tls left for a while all are back ordered
Old 08-29-2001, 11:22 AM
Advanced

Smile

John's the man. I drove 70 miles to pick up my ABP TL Type S that he got from another dealership, one that a closer dealership to me couldn't get their hands on. He gave me a good deal and was very straight forward with me. Maybe people are confusing his straightforwardness as a car salesmen as being 'aggressive'. If he is aggressive, it's on price. He knows he is giving you a good price, and that is why he is excited about it. When he can't do something for you, he'll tell you and let you know what he can do. He told me getting ahold of ABP would be hard, but he could sell a SSM that day.

I think you're account of him is a fluke. Some people just don't get along. But I know that I bought from John based on a glowing recommendation on this board, and I was not disappointed. I would recommend anyone interested in an Acura work with John. What's the worst that can happen? If you don't get along with him, you can take your business elsewhere. But he was a hell of a lot better then most car salesmen I've encountered.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:34 AM
tea elle

I'd like to say a couple of things about John at South Coast Acura.

1. I think he used poor judgement by posting on this board with a defensive "posture". In actuality, John was getting much more positive feedback on here than negative. I think he may have done his reputation more harm than good by trying to defend himself in the way that he did.

2. In John's defense, I think there is a language barrier for John that he has managed to overcome to the extent that he is successful as a car salesman.

3. I think it is quite possible that his training as a car salesman, coupled with his very slightly limited command of the English language (and I mean this with all due respect), is leaving some people with the impression that he may not be completely forthcoming in their dealings with him.

4. Example: When I called John a few months ago to tell him about the offer from Keyes Acura that I was comparing to his, he made it sound like all I had to do was "bring my '01 TL down and they would match the trade-in offered by Keyes". I don't think he meant to mislead me into believing they would absolutely match the offer of Keyes. He was doing everything he could to get me to come to South Coast Acura. Had I driven down there and found that there Used Car Manager could not give me the same trade in for my '01 TL, I probably would have felt that John had not been completely honest.

Again, I think we've got to give the guy a break here. Car sales is a tough business made even tougher by the availability of more information on the internet. John is doing the best he can, and it seems to me that he's got a lot of happy customers out there.

5. John, take the advice of a guy who has been in sales for over 12 years...just keep doing what you're doing and continue to work on improving your skills. Always be honest with people, and if you say you will do something, you darn well better do it because there is no more damaging publicity than an unhappy customer.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:43 AM
Racer

Cerritos Acura

Tea elle:

Thanks alot...thats exactly what I had in mind. I give Keyes a try as well. And I'll be sure to tell my parents the message..hehe
Mitch was the one I dealt with at Cerritos. He, like all internet managers, is going to see how far you are going to push them. Hey, if you are going to sell your Land Cruiser you are going to try and get as much as you can right? That is what they are trying to do. However, they make more money in volume than by hagglin over $500-$1,000 on one car. Stick to your guns on the trade-in. I was trading in my 4Runner. I wanted more than Kelly Trade-in value since it was in great shape. They wanted to give me less than Kelly. We haggled over this for 2-3 hours. Finally I got up and said "Guess I'll have to go over to Downey or South Coast." Manager Pow Wow (Like always).... I get what I'm askin for on the trade-in and $31,090 offer W/Nav. Now you know the price ranges for the car here, have um meet it or walk...

WDP/Ebony 02' TL-S
Old 08-29-2001, 11:50 AM
Instructor

Because the members who posted those comments felt they were treated great and the sales did a superb job. If you're a great sales..
I bought my TLS from John. I drove from Las Vegas to OC to buy the car. I was talking to people in NV, UT and CA and no one was going to deal like John. What ever you say about John true or false,... I got the best deal from him. Who really cares about the sales person that much. You will be with the salesperson for 2-3 hours but you will be with the car you buy for alot longer that that. I believe you will not find a better deal out there! Get over the little petty stuff and look at the big picture....Saving money!!
Old 08-29-2001, 05:01 PM
Instructor

All of you proved my point exactly. Sales that are great...are rewarded by great comments here. Those that are bad...will also get what comes to them also. I realize that John had his shares of good comments...and bad. But if you read through my posts...never did I say anything like "dont go to him." Some people, including me, thought he's a bit aggressive...and it was just a warning to help someone find somewhere that they can deal better. Some of you dont share that thought..thats great for you guys...I'm happy for you guys that John was a good experience. Whether it be praises or trash talk...my posts, like everyone and anyone's posts, are just potential useful information for all fellow board memeber to look at and gain insights...which is the purpose of this site.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:08 PM
Intermediate

Smile South Coast Acura

I purchased a TL-S from John H at South Coast at the end of May and found him to be a person with high integrity (ie, not your typical car sales person). I did not find him to be aggressive at all; in fact, I probably was the aggressive person in my deal.

All negotiating was done by E-Mail and a few final phone calls; E-Mails had gone to several SoCal dealers. Get a quote within a few days of the end of a month (ie, all sales folks want your business, so the discounts get deeper/better). Get a copy/Fax of the quote on an Acura Deal Review sheet (shows VIN and pricing)with the sales persons signature or name on a cover page.

Purchasing without a trade at South Coast will most likely get you the best deal. With the Acura Deal Review sheet in hand, Alex (finance mgr) will not be a problem; just don't buy the ext warranty or LoJack or any extras from him that were not previously negotiated in the deal (way over priced).

You should be able to buy a TL-S w/Navi for $31K (I did), IF he has the unit in stock and ready to go. Not sure of the best price if he needs to trade units with another dealer.
Note: A few other SoCal dealers were ready to match John's price, but I started with John and in the end decided to give him my business.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:16 AM
Cruisin'

John Huynh

Dear Customers and Shoppers,
I want to thank you so much to everyone that bought one TL-S
from me.
I also want to thank to shoppers that call me and gave me an
oppurnity to earn your business as well.
As you all know, I try my best to fulfil all TL-S Shoppers to get what you all want to pay.
I will keep on trying my best to help you to purchase your new
TL Type S with the highest satisfaction.
And do whatever it takes to earn your business.
If you have any questions or any concern or advices. Please call me or by e-mail. ( john_huynh@yahoo.com)
I'm looking forward to listening to all of you.
Best Regards,
John Huynh
Internet/Fleet Manager
Acura Rep.

Old 08-31-2001, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

Question Competitive MDX Pricing?

John H: Now we just need comparable competitive pricing from South Coast on MDXs instead of the MSRP or MSRP+ prices your dealership currently quotes! Lower prices = more volume!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:58 PM
Cruisin'

Your feedback

Originally posted by tea elle

I'd like to say a couple of things about John at South Coast Acura.

1. I think he used poor judgement by posting on this board with a defensive "posture". In actuality, John was getting much more positive feedback on here than negative. I think he may have done his reputation more harm than good by trying to defend himself in the way that he did.

2. In John's defense, I think there is a language barrier for John that he has managed to overcome to the extent that he is successful as a car salesman.

3. I think it is quite possible that his training as a car salesman, coupled with his very slightly limited command of the English language (and I mean this with all due respect), is leaving some people with the impression that he may not be completely forthcoming in their dealings with him.

4. Example: When I called John a few months ago to tell him about the offer from Keyes Acura that I was comparing to his, he made it sound like all I had to do was "bring my '01 TL down and they would match the trade-in offered by Keyes". I don't think he meant to mislead me into believing they would absolutely match the offer of Keyes. He was doing everything he could to get me to come to South Coast Acura. Had I driven down there and found that there Used Car Manager could not give me the same trade in for my '01 TL, I probably would have felt that John had not been completely honest.
OK. Here is what I have to said about your deal.
Yes, My English is not that good in B.S. but you know what, my price is the lowest and that what it count.
I'm a foreign, can you tell? LOL.
So I can go ahead and write in plain English? Please!
Your deal is big different from other " peace of junk trade in" and I won't metion, who have a peace of junk for trade in either.
I respect everyone in this forum, no matters what they said about me? I can't please everybody.
Even President of the United States can't even please everyone either so I think, I still did a great job for everyone here. LOL.
Here is the story about your trade in.
We're the Acura Dealership. We know exactly how much we will take in the trade in without looking at your car.
Your model and year can sell easy. That why we agree over the phone base on your true information.
All I need is your true and accurate statement about your car so I can tell you how much your acura tl worth.
If you lie about your trade over the phone then we're not honor trade in quote figure either. Is that fair and simple?
You told me your car in perfect condition so that why I said yes to your offer with trade and new car offer.
I talked to the main Manager and he told me, he would take in the trade that much. I got a big OK from the guy.
Is that explain to you enough?
Let me know if you have more questions?

Again, I think we've got to give the guy a break here. Car sales is a tough business made even tougher by the availability of more information on the internet. John is doing the best he can, and it seems to me that he's got a lot of happy customers out there.

5. John, take the advice of a guy who has been in sales for over 12 years...just keep doing what you're doing and continue to work on improving your skills. Always be honest with people, and if you say you will do something, you darn well better do it because there is no more damaging publicity than an unhappy customer.
Thank you for your advice.
I try to work harder on my big BS English so I can be big smooth talker. LOL.
I did be honest about your deal. The question is did you be honest with me?
You told me, you will buy one from me if we agreed on your conditions but you end up buy it from someone else.
That is not nice. Like I said, I will try to please everyone in this forum, you guys don't have to please me, if you don't want too.
Just do what is right for you and me OK?
Old 09-05-2001, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up Thumbs up for John H.

I've 'ghosted' around this message board for awhile and it was actually bc of the board that i ended up purchasing a TL-S end of July...and through Mr. Huynh at that. So my first post on the board will be in defense of John.

Have to say I was extremely pleased with his customer service (not so with the 2nd manager to come out that made my friend and I walk out the door...don't remember his name...was it Alex? haha). As was earlier stated...John is definitely not your typical sales person..almost to the point where i'd say, sales really doesn't seem like his calling. At the same time he is trying to get a good sale for himself....he is also trying to get the customer a good deal. IMO, from my experience anyway.

Kudos to John...and keep up the hard work.

BTW...Extremely happy with the TL-S...but not with the rock that smacked into my pax-side foglight at <1000 miles to my car. Lordy.....$45 down the tubes....

Quick Reply: So Cal Dealer Recommendation