Sick and Tired of People Bad Mouthing the TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sick and Tired of People Bad Mouthing the TL

Originally posted by bennyvito
I just think it is getting rediculous. Lets go over the problems one by one, remembering that NO CAR (Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc) is problem free.

Issue #1: "Transmission"

Despite what appears to be popular belief, the transmission on this car is not weak (It is actually VERY strong) and CAN handle the HP of this car (both TL-P and TL-S). While there is no excuse for this problem to have occured, it is important to remember that most of us still enjoy the extended waranty. Sure its a pain in the a$$, and it is the #1 fault of this car. I can tell you from experience, however, that post 1999 Chryslers had horrible transmissions (they are still not that great).
You meant to say that pre-99 Chryslers had bad transmissions, right?

My '99 300M had no tranny problems.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Racer

Yes I reply on every tranny issue ,that is what brought me here and is my only interest here. I have no interest in talking about what I am going to do with my car to make it faster .. look better and the likes of which is in some threads here..

I am NOT KNOCKING that though ..Thats a guy thing and that is GREAT .. Thats what you guy's like to do and hey everyone needs a hobby and ..it's harmless and keeps alot of you out of trouble ..

I only comment about the tranny ,because it tried to kill me twice ..if you've kept up like you say you have ,then you already know this . So if you are tired of hearing it ... like you say then stop reading it ....... What is so difficult to understand about that ?

As you can clearly SEE ..The most READ and replied to threads are the TRANNY issues ..

Now those numbers of hits speak for itself and YES you are GUILTY of clicking this and other tranny threads .. But there is a CURE ..

JUST STOP DOING IT

Just don't click the tranny threads and you won't see any post's from me.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

if it "tried to kill you twice" why the hell didn't you get rid of it the first time it tried to "kill" you? if my car was that f***ed , i'd sell it the very next day. the fact that it happened once and you decided to ignore the issue and still drive it seems like your problem could have been prevented. maybe you're the type that will stick with something after it "attempted murder", but i sure as hell am not that type.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
r10apple, you are so full of sh!t and your lying totally discredits anything else you have to say. "I can spend up to $60k for a car" --- yeah right! You really bought a TL because you got it for a dirt cheap $28.5k, not because your a mr. smartypants know-it-all insurance guy who so carefully chose the car because of how safe you think it is!! WHAT a joke you are. In a recent posting entitled "what was your next choice before you bough your tl? " linky is here you were the 2nd one to respond, making the following pronouncement:

" a4; s60; is300 and wagon; es300; avalon; i30t; mdx; sequoia...

All I can say, it I was set to buy an MDX after driving everything above when a car transport rolled in with nothing but TL-S's on it. The SSM with the wheels caught my eye as the TL-P just didn't. In Nov. '01 the loaded MDX was marked up and I was facing $42k--$3k more than the sticker because of demand ....

He said he could sell it [a TL-S] for $28,500! I drove all 5 of them and got the SSM and it just seemed quicker, though the ABP was gorgeous...

That's my story...

What an idiot YOU are... you bought the car in silver because "it just seemed quicker" than the other 4 colors they had the car in! Yeah, the day the color of the car gives you a HP boost is the day you'll be taken out of your own self titled "ignorant" category.
My guess is you've probably got a real small d!ck to boot, and thats why you hunker over your little computer screen at night, safe in the anonymity of the internet, where you can say anything you want knowing that no one can really hunt you down and beat your a s s in for talking trash. Anyway, I'm done here.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:27 AM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I will admit that reading some of 'That Girl's' postings can be a bit of a rant, but I do understand how she feels. I was in a very similar situation when my trannies went in my TL-S. I was on a crowded Interstate at rush hour both times. To the people who say why did you keep the car after it happened once? Well, it happened on the 2nd tranny after only 400 miles. Then I DID get rid of the car.

I guess through all of this I am amazed at Honda loyalty. But then, not really. I mean look at how many vehicles Ford/GM/Chrysler continue to sell.

Oh, and r10apple, my car started with the symptoms many posted here. I took it IMMEDIATELY to the dealer. They could not reproduce it, so they did NOTHING. It was fine for another month or so when the symptoms got worse one day in all this traffic. The car was lurching all over the place, and at one point I had no control over the drivetrain to be able to get out of anyone's way. When it finally found a gear, I headed directly for the dealership. They had it for 23 days awaiting a tranny. After the tranny install, there were no symptoms that led me to believe there was going to be a problem with the replacement tranny. It suddenly started lurching all over the highway again just after having been driven 400 miles. The SouthEast Honda America rep of course blamed it on my driving (I am not a racer or someone who modded my car, and I Never used the SS feature on the tranny). The dealer did buy the car back from me when I threatened to go to the local Consumer Reporter. Got a sweet deal too. As far as your comments go about being cordial because you are from the South...give me a break. I have lived in the South for 22 of my 48 years, and the south has NOT cornered the market on cordiality.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
garylee55, the difference between decent forum guys like yourself and pr!cks like r10apple is in the delivery of your message and your intent. You're right That Girl does come across a bit too empassioned at times on the subject but on the other hand you understand where she's coming from and so you show some respect.
As far as the loyalty thing to Honda: loyalty is one thing; going over the top like r10apple and assailing anyone who has less than a 100% glowing comment about the car maker is stupidity. Like his comment about saying the SSM paint makes the car go faster. (scroll up just above your last post and you'll see his infinite wisdom shinning right through!)

Anyway I'm out of here. And as one decent human being to another, Have a great day!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning, all!

wish i was there to hear you stop b****ing for once in your life.
That was funny!

have no interest in talking about what I am going to do with my car to make it faster .. look better and the likes of which is in some threads here..
I am NOT KNOCKING that though ..Thats a guy thing and that is GREAT ..
ROFLMAO! Type S Lady is a guy! Great. Just when I think the gender barrier is crushed, look what happens...

If you got those pics, that girl, I might believe you--I've said that before. You are right about your coherence issues in voicing your story, but like I said, evidence tells your story far better than words, so if you have it, post it. Same thing for your collision photos if you got 'em...

Now you, sheesh. Where to begin:

What an idiot YOU are... you bought the car in silver because "it just seemed quicker" than the other 4 colors they had the car it. Yeah, the day the color of the car gives you a HP boost is the day you'll be taken out of your own self titled "ignorant" category.
Your reading comprehension skills are atrocious. Did you fail the "inferences" portion of high-school English I? If you knew anything about cars--at all--you'd realize there are mechanical variations in all of them. Ideally they are all the same, but you can line up 5 cars of the same make and model and they may perform differently. How do you explain my better track times with the same or less mods than some people who live in better climates, even with larger diameter wheels, when I live here in the terrible car climate of Florida? How do magazine tests take the same make/model car and get such widely varying performance numbers? How in the fu(k could you possibly glean that I thought color actually determines performance? That being said, we all know SSM is faster!

r10apple, you are so full of sh!t and your lying totally discredits anything else you have to say. "I can spend up to $60k for a car" --- yeah right! You really bought a TL because you got it for a dirt cheap $28.5k, not because your a mr. smartypants know-it-all insurance guy who so carefully chose the car because of how safe you think it is!!
Um, which of those other cars I listed (Audi, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, Toyota) are unsafe Mr. Veryquickwithwordsbuttooslowtorealizehowstupidheso unds? Which one is safer than what I bought? I think the thread asks which cars you also looked at before buying the TL(S) and why you chose it, not what issues determined your other list to begin with. But I'll help you with your erroneous inference anyway. The MDX actually has the best crash rating for comp/coll rating purposes (meaning it suffers less damage than the others in a front or rear collision). Technically, the S60 is the safest for occupants of the bunch, but the Acura is more than safe enough for any type of perceived crash. Besides, why do I need Volvo's anti-whiplash seats since if I get rearended, I won't be making any BS whiplash claims anyway? Secondly, if you think a Volvo is any more reliable than and Acura go check many of the publications. Next, I wanted aftermarket support for anything I chose to "fix up" by performance and appearance and Volvo support jsut wasn't what I was looking for. Finally, I'm a consumer. Why am I gonna blow all my $$$ just because I can, when I can find something that suits my needs for less?

My guess is you've probably got a real small d!ck to boot, and thats why you hunker over your little computer screen at night, safe in the anonymity of the internet, where you can say anything you want knowing that no one can really hunt you down and beat your a s s in for talking trash.
Nope. I've got an "average" p=nis. I tell myself it's not the size but how many times I can make it rise (which is a lot). My g/f is tiny, so all is well (I'm sure she would vouch for my virility, too). As far as my posts, obviously you can see I sit here at work all day and post--not at night. Look at the times, silly! At night I regularly watch basketball, football, etc. with the guys, work out a couple times a week, often get crunk, or go out with my girl and crank her down with my average member 'til the wee hours of the morning. Weekends are very similar, but often spruced up with some golf. As far as being an e-thug, I'm far from that...And if you think you might be a big game hunter, I'll be happy to give you my address if you want a little hunting expedition. We can get maxx96 to video the whole thing for impartiallity sake. To even assist you, I'll let you bring a friend. Two hunters, one huckleberry. I think that is more than fair, don't you?

As fun as this is, you are becoming as tiresome as a certain someone else. The first two-three- maybe four retorts are quite fun. But after awhile, making fun of stupid people is akin to me running in the Special Olympics: It's glaringly unfair. If you are truly done, so be it. But please, please. Take five minutes to read what I wrote. Process it. Read it again. Type a response. Then reread for clarity sake. Maybe even get your hunting buddy to double check your work...

Lastly, globally, there is some truth to that girl's madness. I do think these posts get more hits because certain people are freaked over transmission woes. But I also believe they get an equal amount of hits as some of these are vastly entertaining. There are also some who truly love the black humor (and no you two m0r0ns, I'm not talking about African-Americans so keep your pants on!) and prefer to remain silent. Oh, but that isn't me. Partially not me, anyway. Enjoy!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Race Director

I agree I think the TL is a great car for the money. It might have a few negitives but what car doesnt. Believe it or not I know 3 people with 00 TLs like mine. Not all personally but friend of a friend type deal or parent or a friend or whatever. As far as I know the mileage goes 120k, 105k, 90k and im pretty sure there all on there orginal trannys on there cars. I mean from what I heard the new camrys way worse then our cars I heard those fail at like 1k.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Advanced

1k on camry?!?! WTF?!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 AM
B A N N E D

never knew people hated TL so much

interior is beautiful, thats why i got it

and g35 interior is really poorly designed,
Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's great when people revive threads that are over 3 years old.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by SuperTLfans
1k on camry?!?! WTF?!
yeah now dont hold me accountable to this some dude on the 3G said he was getting a camry and someone else stepped in and said his tranny failed at around 1k miles. So im going by that but if its true I agree with you thats really bad and it makes our trannys look amazing.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by MikePA
It's great when people revive threads that are over 3 years old.
yeah well I was searching for something else and this came and I was like hm people really should appericate there TL for what it is.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by bennyvito
Issue #3: "Cheap Interior"

Give me a break! Cheap!? This IS the BEST looking interior for $31k... no if, ands or buts! High quality leather...............

the seats are not completly made out of real leather, fyi. Only some parts are, and the leather is not what i'd consider "high quality".
Old 11-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not jumping on no band wagons, but I'd like to say I like my car. Grant it that I only had the car for about a week and a half. But I guess i'm saying I'm proud of my car.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:09 PM
10th Gear

.. why do you care what others say?