Seatbelts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 04:39 PM

Post Seatbelts

Just got a message from the service manager at Pasadena Acura regarding a possible defect in seatbelts for 2002 TL/TLS. Got a call into him for details, anyone know anything more?
Old 05-16-2001, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going to get my recall on my window problem fixed and while calling to sched. an app. the service manager told me about the seat belt problem. He didn't elaborate other than to say they are to inspect all the seatbelts and some buckles may need replacing. He does not have any in stock but will have in a few weeks.
Old 05-16-2001, 05:18 PM
Banned

wtf another defect...as much as i love my car this is pissing me off!

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Satin Silver, Ebony Interior w/out nav
Old 05-16-2001, 05:33 PM
Racer

Well, I haven't gotten a recall for the window and I hope the seatbelt issue is a non-issue. My seatbelt in the TL-S is MUCH more comfortable than it was on my '99 3.2TL.

------------------
'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony, w/out NAV
Old 05-16-2001, 05:47 PM

Becuase those stupid seatbelts make so much noise... F###### annoying...
Old 05-16-2001, 06:53 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea, these recalls are getting very annoying. I understand after maybe a couple of years, but not when I just had my car a little over a month. WTF!!! You honda boys are making too many mistakes. Get your act together!!!

------------------
2002 Black on Black TL TypeS

Old 05-16-2001, 07:50 PM

You can't blame it all on those Honda Boys in Marysville. My '98 TL was entirely built in Japan and I had two recalls within four months of getting the car. I'd say the recalls are pretty minor. Now if I get a notice saying the transmission or engine needs replaced then I'll start getting a little nervous. Until then, enjoy the ride.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:55 PM

I was supposed to pick my TL-S up in two days (Friday) and today the dealer advised me it's on indefinite hold until they resolve the seat belt buckle issue. He had no idea when the replacement buckles would be in. He indicated that for liability purposes, they won't release any 2002s until buckles are replaced. Has anyone else heard when the replacement buckles are to be in?? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone heard firsthand from a dealer that the reason the TLS's are being held back in Marysville is because of the seatbelts? Or is it the window units?

Or is it something else we don't know about.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:25 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

I called my dealer (South Coast Acura) and they said to call the service department tomarrow. To find out if you are affected you should call your dealer and they'll ask you for your VIN number. If you are affected you'll be getting something in the mail. No news on how soon it can be fixed. Arg I hope i'm not affected.

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Old 05-16-2001, 10:49 PM
Advanced

i asked about the recalls today. my sales person said its basically because the TLs are built in USA and he said USA manufactured cars tend to have tonnes of recalls and problems. Even though supposedly the TLs are supposed to be under Japanese inspection and guidelines for quality, the saleperson said these guidelines and inspections are not done on every car as it is supposed to be, but rather sparingly on random cars.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:03 PM
Banned

f*ck this sh*t...move TL production back to Japan with the RLs!!!!!

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Old 05-16-2001, 11:13 PM
Banned

whoa guys settle down.. First of all im happy that these recalls are minor as hell... Plus since they are minor, i proablly wont get this stuff done till i get my first service down. No biggie. As long as they dont have a recall on the engine or anything like that then im fine with these minor recalls. Dont forget we still drive a TL type-S, which is one bad mofo!
Old 05-16-2001, 11:23 PM
Banned

I'm very happy with my car. I'm just a little concerned about hearing all these stories about random creaking or poor paint. I'm just saying once you get above that 30,000 level Acura needs to pay more attention to detail to ensure minor stuff like this doesn't plague a car. I have no worries about the engine, Japanese cars are the kings or reliability. Its just little things like unflush exhaust, creaky moonroofs and poor paint jobs. I think part of this reason is that the TL is being made at the Marysville plant which is making lower class cars (accord, odyssey, etc). The TL/CL/MDX is in a class above that and should be made with the RL. Also the Marysville plant has increased production to meet needs for new TL/CL, and the addition of the MDX. Until the new plant in America opens I think quality control is going to be a problem. Goto www.hondabeat.com. Not to be racist or anything I personally think that if the car was built in Japan it would be a much better job. The whole Japanese ethos calls for meliticous attention to detail...thats why the RL is built there , my 2 cents of course

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Old 05-17-2001, 12:04 AM
Banned

ahh but you have to remember that if it was built in japan it would cost more...Plus the paint job isnt because it was done in the usa, becuase the RLs paint job is done differntly. My dad has a 99RL and his paint is great still. The TL has almost everything the RL has for almost 15 grand less...so its hard to compare the too cars on quality. My car has no rattles or anything...so i may just be lucky. But i think you are right about cars being built in japan are better...but if it means i can get this kind of car at the price of less than 35,000 then i dont mind its being built in the U.S.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:06 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Question

Got my Power Window recall letter today...

Should I leave it 'til I have window problems?? Or go have it fixed now??

Andy Kuo
Old 05-17-2001, 12:24 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bioyuki:
f*ck this sh*t...move TL production back to Japan with the RLs!!!!!

I just remembered that even my dads RL was built in japan, it has a recall the first year he had it.. i think it was the balljoints had to get replaced, soo all cars have recalls.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:34 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
A little bit of xenophobia???

My sister and my next door neighbor work for suppliers who make parts for the Marysville plants.

Both have indicated to me that in many areas, Honda rates Marysville at the top of its quality evaluations Worldwide.

I guess not for window units, seatblets, and moonroofs....
Old 05-17-2001, 12:48 PM
Banned

With things like window switches and seatbelt latches, it seems to me like the problem is not in the assembly but the parts themselves. They probably just had a bad batch of parts from their suppliers.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:11 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Originally posted by mikester:
With things like window switches and seatbelt latches, it seems to me like the problem is not in the assembly but the parts themselves. They probably just had a bad batch of parts from their suppliers.
I agree. Many cars have recall, but Acura is willing to post it and notify all owners, I am happy with that. Heck, my '92 400SE(and many 1992-1994 S-Class/SL-Class)has had a faulty dash cluster, which would short out eventually and needed to be replaced with newer, refined cluster(which I had it changed, $1500).

Andy Kuo
Old 05-17-2001, 06:45 PM
Racer

I'm going to wait untill my first service to get the window recall delt with it's working fine.

------------------
Feliz

98 Acura CL, primrose
2002 TL-S, silver
Old 05-17-2001, 06:50 PM

Wink

I just came back from Tustin Acura Service Dept. I had to do something else..I asked about the seatbelt recall. He said it's only for certain TL's and TL-S's.

You will receive a letter if yours has a problem. Otherwise, it's ok.

good luck =)