Satellite Radio Volume

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:52 PM
00 TL Laguna Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio Volume

Posted this in the Audio & Video list, but got no replies. There's been alot of great info shared in this forum, so I figured I'd ask here.

I got the Soundgate adapter and am quite pleased with the audio quality of my Sirius Starmate- but I wished I could play it louder (audio output is maxed on the Starmate).

Is there any way possible to amplfy the signal from the satellite unit to the adapter? (Would an amp be called for here?)

I definitely appreciate any assistance with this.

Thanks,

czar
Old 01-16-2007, 10:59 PM
/etc/car

It should also be noted that satellite radio does not participate in the loudness war like terrestrial stations. Even if they both peak at the same level, the perceived loudness will be significantly less.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
00 TL Laguna Green

Ok- understood.

But is there a way to boost the output signal from the satellite unit into the adapter that feeds into the CD changer port?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
/etc/car

Originally Posted by vectorczar
Ok- understood.

But is there a way to boost the output signal from the satellite unit into the adapter that feeds into the CD changer port?
Not really.

Unless the amp is noisy in the radio, the s/n ratio is irrelevant because it's digital.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:07 PM
00 TL Laguna Green

SwampGas,

So you're saying that the output on the Audio Out jack is digital, not analog, even though they're connected to the Soundgate Adapter via RCA connections, and that this output cannot be amplified or boosted?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
/etc/car

SwampGas,

So you're saying that the output on the Audio Out jack is digital, not analog, even though they're connected to the Soundgate Adapter via RCA connections, and that this output cannot be amplified or boosted?
You mentioned the cd input...I assumed you were going to use the adapter for digital input.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 AM
00 TL Laguna Green

I have the Soundgate Aux Input Adapter that uses the 'Audio Out' feed from the Starmate, using the cable that has a jack on one end, and two RCA connectors on the other.

The adapter then connects to the OEM Bose HU via the previously unused CD Changer port in the back of the HU. When I listen to the Starmate, I just press CD on the HU, and the satellite radio is heard.

Hopefully I was a bit clearer on my setup. Back to the original question- can this signal, between the Starmate and the adapter, be 'boosted' or otherwise amplified in any way?

Thanks for all of your help on this.

czar
Old 01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
/etc/car

I have the Soundgate Aux Input Adapter that uses the 'Audio Out' feed from the Starmate, using the cable that has a jack on one end, and two RCA connectors on the other.

The adapter then connects to the OEM Bose HU via the previously unused CD Changer port in the back of the HU. When I listen to the Starmate, I just press CD on the HU, and the satellite radio is heard.

Hopefully I was a bit clearer on my setup. Back to the original question- can this signal, between the Starmate and the adapter, be 'boosted' or otherwise amplified in any way?

Thanks for all of your help on this.

czar
Quick radio shack search didn't come up with anything.