s4, wrx, me and a prelude

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 09:34 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s4, wrx, me and a prelude

I was going to the mall on sunday and was drivin down a main street. There was three lanes with loose traffic. I was going about 50-55 when i saw a white wrx and a old ass prelude going at it from about a block behind. I let them pass and did nothing at first. Then i saw an S4 pulled up so i was like ok there is the competition so i pulled to. so 4 of us were going down the street me been last because i jumped last. there was traffic and i guess this guys were not really great driveers or too scared. I was jsut weaving hard. first pulled on the S4 then pulled on the wrx and the lude. they were going hard but i guess not hard enough. The lude was maching hard i could hear his engine. it was a old ass lude lower. that was it. He was a joke. The wrx had a big ass exhaust, i mean BIG. his $hit was loud but that was it. The S4 was the one was was like uh oh that can cause me trouble. ANyways. I Was the first one out of the pack so i jsut cruised. I was about 1 1/2 ahead so i jsut cruise waiting for the rest of them. the wrx. then the s 4 and the the lude all came out and heading for me. this street leads to a free way entrance where 3 lanes become 1 but before that there is a sharp turn so i was like this is the place to see who comes up on top and whos car suck, So we wer going at it again, the lude last or course. I was lucky that my lane was clear so i was the firs to hit the freeway and called th race off my self since i beat all of them already. I did my thing and took all other 3 cars. i jsut crusied and my exit was the first one. i saw the wrx and the lude still racing the hell outta there car and jsut laughed. All of a sudden before I exit the S4 jumped in front of me and i was like aiight this foo want more. So we exit the ramp and on the straigh away he just mashed it. I tried to catch him but he was jsut pullin on me. I was like DAMN!!! monica!!!!! (for those who saw fast and the furious)this can be happening. He took me by surprise. It was a good run though because there were 4 cars. I dont know what the hell that prelude was doing but it was jsut funny to see a car with guts to run agaisnt good cars.

BG
Old 12-25-2001, 10:01 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: s4, wrx, me and a prelude

Originally posted by AZN G RYDE
there was traffic and i guess this guys were not really great driveers or too scared. I was jsut weaving hard.
Great story, but this is what really seperates us and by all means dont treat this as a flame. I'm usually down whenever anyone wants a run regardless what make and model the other car is, but the second they start weaving in and out of traffic without turn signals thats when I start backing off. There were many times that lower class cars has tried to run with me and won simply because they were willing to cut through traffic like there was no tomorrow and I wasnt. I just hope they didnt' consider that as a win, and through reading your story, thats exactly what I thought of when you said you ran by the S4. I don't mind going fast, it's just that I have a hard time justifying it when people are around due to the uncalculated risks that are involved. I guess that means I'll never make it as a Fast and Furious driver eh? But to end this post on a good note, cool story.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Good race....nice to know our cars are fast hehe
Merry X-mas
Old 12-26-2001, 01:04 PM
Racer

USE TO IT

egdalang:
none flame taken. the traffic was pretty loose. i mean i aint stupid tryin to race a $32000 car and put it on the line. i take risks of waeving but only the ones that owrks to my advantage. I am not sayin you are a bad driver or a scared driver. It jst depends how you see it. some could say racers are stupid but some could say they got balls. It was jsut a fun race overall. I use to drive likethat with my fixed up camry ( hard to believe huh) so i am pretty use to driving in and out of traffic but not anymore with the tls jsut once in a while when i am put to the test.

BG
Old 12-26-2001, 01:28 PM
Burning Brakes

if u had headers, exhaust, intake...u might be able to keep up a little closer or even out

with supercharger..res...etc... then I'd like to see how close the race is

city
Old 12-26-2001, 01:38 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: USE TO IT

Originally posted by AZN G RYDE
I am not sayin you are a bad driver or a scared driver.
I wouldnt doubt that a little bit of both is probably true. I'm pretty much a new kid on the block seeing as this is my first real car I could very much call as my own. Some of my friends found it funny cuz my very first car ended up being a TLS where some of them might of gone the econobox route.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:44 AM
9th Gear

are you kidding me, i think that the S4 would have taken you right of the bat, that is an awesome car. my sisters boyfriend has one and i have driven it, there is no way if i did any race in my tls with him that i would win, he was obviously just playing with you.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

ok we won't win the S4..but we can keep up with it...for sometime...our cars r NOT THAT WEAK..

city
Old 12-27-2001, 12:53 PM
Drifting

so you had a trio of cars very similar to this huh? (except mine isn't a Type-S, but it's all Comptech)

Old 12-27-2001, 12:56 PM
Burning Brakes

WRX is just fugly.... looks like a mutilated KIA...

city
Old 12-27-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro

Originally posted by city001
WRX is just fugly.... looks like a mutilated KIA...

city
i second that