Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
AATL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotors

Hi guys,
I'm sick of warped discs...I put some knew ones (pads also) and they are warped after only 6000 km. And I never exagerate on the brakes. Somebody told me about Eurorotors. Does anybody know something about this brand ? I'm in Montreal, so ordering rotora or irotors, etc is too expensive because of taxes and shipping.
Thank's
A.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:56 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Wow! This seems to be the week of everyone buying rotors and/or pads!!! Unfortunately, I haven't heard of that brand, so I cannot help you out. Good luck with your quest and check the 10 other 'brake' threads to see what others come up with --- you might find some useful info there.

P.S. If you ring up a few performance shops in your area, they will probably be able to get popular brands from their suppliers. This way, you won't have to order them and ship them yourself. Just keep an eye on the price and compare.

I believe some other decent brands of rotors are: Brembo, EBC, AEM, Hawk.....
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Banned

Not me. I replaced my pads with the ceramic pads found on TireRack. They work great with my stock rotors. That was two months ago. I really don’t know what you guys are doing to ruin your new rotors so fast.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
4th Gear

I need help with my rotors as well, I had my front rotors changed at Pepboys a couple of months ago and my car is still pulsating when ever I step on the brakes. ANY HELP.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by aurelianacura
Hi guys,
I'm sick of warped discs...I put some knew ones (pads also) and they are warped after only 6000 km. And I never exagerate on the brakes. Somebody told me about Eurorotors. Does anybody know something about this brand ? I'm in Montreal, so ordering rotora or irotors, etc is too expensive because of taxes and shipping.
Thank's
A.
are you sure? sc354 had a group buy on them (irotors) awhile ago and he was from canada. pm him and see how much they ran him
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
7th Gear

I believe that the root cause for my rotor problems originated with a tire change, where the lugs nuts were over tightened with an impact wrench. Before I had remembered to check the torque on the lug nuts, the rotors had warped.

I had to use a breaker bar to loosen the lug nuts.

Since then, I always check, with a torque wrench, when ever a wheel's been off that the lug nuts are properly torqued. Since then, I've had no problems with stock rotors and stock pads.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
AATL

Originally Posted by Forster Bittner
I believe that the root cause for my rotor problems originated with a tire change, where the lugs nuts were over tightened with an impact wrench. Before I had remembered to check the torque on the lug nuts, the rotors had warped.

I had to use a breaker bar to loosen the lug nuts.

Since then, I always check, with a torque wrench, when ever a wheel's been off that the lug nuts are properly torqued. Since then, I've had no problems with stock rotors and stock pads.
Thanks. Yesterday i bought a torque wrench...It is possible that the supports are not stiff enough (design problem ) and this might be the source of our problem.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
i am so happy

ask George for a shop in your area.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

hey nice to see another TLer from Montreal on the board! i'm from trois-rivieres.

rotora are really good rotors and they are not that expensive.. but if you want something cheaper, you can get Powerstop or powerslot rotors.. go to a speedshop and ask for rotors for your TL and see what they come up with and post here with the specs before buying.. we'll tell you if it's good stuff or not!

rotor warping is a known issue. the brakes are originally made for the Accord but they put it on the TL, a heavier car that needs beefier brakes.. the brakes simply too weak for the car.. rotor should be bigger and maybe thicker..

btw do you have mods on your TL ??

welcome aboard,

-Justin
Old 10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
AATL

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
hey nice to see another TLer from Montreal on the board! i'm from trois-rivieres.

rotora are really good rotors and they are not that expensive.. but if you want something cheaper, you can get Powerstop or powerslot rotors.. go to a speedshop and ask for rotors for your TL and see what they come up with and post here with the specs before buying.. we'll tell you if it's good stuff or not!

rotor warping is a known issue. the brakes are originally made for the Accord but they put it on the TL, a heavier car that needs beefier brakes.. the brakes simply too weak for the car.. rotor should be bigger and maybe thicker..

btw do you have mods on your TL ??

welcome aboard,

-Justin
Thanks everybody.
No I don't have mods but I love my car as it is. I agree with rotora quality and price. But taxes and shipping...
Here in Mtl I found Eurorotor making performance rotors. I'll go to see them and put the price on thread.
Other thing. I wonder if the ceramic pads are not to hard for rotors. Especially for not performance rotors ???