Rotora big brake rotors vs. Brembo big brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rotora big brake rotors vs. Brembo big brakes

The difference in price is like 900 USD. I'm wondering which ones you guys would suggest?

keep in mind the rotora are nearly a 1000 dollars less. Will I see that big a difference in the braking if I were to get the rotora over the brembo's?

btw I have an '03 TL-S.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2003, 10:59 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody has very bad experience with Rotora big brake system. If you want I can give you a link for that thread.

If I were you, I would go with Brembo.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

lets see the link
Old 09-19-2003, 04:49 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Smitty
lets see the link
I can't not post a link. Tim doesn't allow to post another forum link. If you want, PM or e-mail me. I'll send you the link.

songoku@acura-tl.com
Old 11-01-2003, 06:14 PM
6th Gear

Originally posted by songoku
Somebody has very bad experience with Rotora big brake system. If you want I can give you a link for that thread.

If I were you, I would go with Brembo.

After reading that thread on the "other forum", I see that it is not really the brake kit, regardless of brand, you SHOULD put lock tight on the caliper bolts. Brembo's are really nice, but $$$. Rotora's kits are comparable.

Thankfully, you weren't hurt. But I honestly think it's the person who installed it.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:41 AM
6th Gear

no problem except for the wheel spacers needed to clear the rotora's phat calipers, but o well. half the price and on all 4's. I think they've got more surface area too; therefore, they should work better. Theyre definitely lighter and that should help lower the Tl's already heavy rotating mass.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's not go away from this... HOW MUCH BETTER IS THIS KIT? IS IT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE??? Which pads does the Rotora's come with? Also how loud are they??? I'm debating wheither to go with the Legend GS 2 piston calipers and just the rotora slotted rotors or this big brake kit??? I rode in a TL-S that had the Brembo's and they were noisy as hell!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:14 AM
6th Gear

Originally posted by BFOR3
Let's not go away from this... HOW MUCH BETTER IS THIS KIT? IS IT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE??? Which pads does the Rotora's come with? Also how loud are they??? I'm debating wheither to go with the Legend GS 2 piston calipers and just the rotora slotted rotors or this big brake kit??? I rode in a TL-S that had the Brembo's and they were noisy as hell!!!
This kit should be much better than the stock caliper/disc. They are 4 or 6 piston caliper, as well as a large vented, slotted and drilled disc.

As far as noise, I really don't know what you mean, I have yet to have any brakes that are 'noisy' unless you are using full ceramic pads.

Rotora BBK's come with street pads that have some ceramic in them, but not completely. They offer race-type pads that contain more ceramic.

I am not aware of the difference on the TL-S yet, but on my Civic, the stopping power was NIGHT and DAY.

For my rear, I am running standard rotora slotted discs with Axxis Ultimates. This combination is also a great setup and by far one of the best I've tried. I have used Brembo cross drilled rotors before.

As I am not too familiar with TL's specs, why would you opt for Legend G2 calipers?