Reliability and Service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 09:20 AM

Post Reliability and Service?

I'm considering a TL Type S and was wondering what is the general opinion of the reliability of the TL and the treatment you recieve by the dealers service organization??

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2001, 10:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura is a division from is mother company, Honda and has equal dependablity, but differing in (i think) increased luxury, performance, and overall driving experience.
Since its birth in ....March of 1986, Acura's goal has been to produce a car that would both cater to the driving enthusiast, and compete with upscale european automobiles. Acura has succeeded.

The Acura Precision Team (dealership) that I work with are VERY kind and helpful. Free oil changes for the LIFE of the vehicle. 1st class service when i arrive and while i wait, --stalked refrigerator, TV, newspaper, internet--, or if i prefer free shuttle service to/from work while services are performed. I've even had some warranty work, and the same friendly service is offered. I love goin there just to go...talk to my sales rep. have a soda, look at new cars, bs,...

I totally reccommend becoming an Acura customer. Great people, and a GREAT investment.

------------------
Old 03-01-2001, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Hey JTang, you must have some bad luck. I'm trading my 95 Integra in for a TL-S. I have just over 99K miles on it and virtually nothing has gone wrong with it. Besides some water getting into my tailights (covered under warranty), the only other problem was something loose with the exhaust system. I forget exactly what it was but something would vibrate under the car when accelerating hard over 5000 RPM. That cost under 200 dollars. Besides that, the car has been flawless and I'm hoping for the same with the TL-S.
Old 03-01-2001, 11:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BigSkyTL:

The Acura Precision Team (dealership) that I work with are VERY kind and helpful. Free oil changes for the LIFE of the vehicle. 1st class service when i arrive and while i wait, --stalked refrigerator, TV, newspaper, internet--, or if i prefer free shuttle service to/from work while services are performed. I've even had some warranty work, and the same friendly service is offered. I love goin there just to go...talk to my sales rep. have a soda, look at new cars, bs,...
Free Oil Change??? How did you get that? In AZ, they aren't...this must be a dealer thing. Our oil changes cost $24.99 from the dealer.

Service is okay from our side. My wife has an infiniti and think their service is better. Reliability wise, I think I have a lemon. Everything that can go wrong with my Integra has. But, that is not the normal Acura thing. I'm going to give Acura another try at that by gettig the TL-S.

Old 03-01-2001, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation

Jody Wilkinson Acura, SLC, Utah.
Maybe that's why they're one of the top 10 dealerships in the nation..

------------------
Old 03-01-2001, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Quality is only average. I had numerous porblem with the car, although minor but it was annoying.

Service really depends on which dealer you went. Steve Creek Acura is very poor. Acura pleasanton was great. The consistency isn't there.

Also, the nearest dealer from me is about 20 miles. A bit far.
Old 03-01-2001, 11:59 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer gave me the first 12000 miles free service. They bad part is that because they do this, they never have any available slots! So I have to schedule an appointment about 3 weeks in advance.. and I make sure that about the same time, I will be at the correct milage..
As for the sales service.. They Try. But it usually is dependant on the dealer. Some dealerships are privately owned, and others by a larger company who own many dealerships for other kinds of cars. If they want to be known as a Luxury dealer, and have luxury cars, then they'll have to present you with the total luxury customer experience. I did notice that some dealers would not take me seriously because I look young.. but I think this would be true for most other dealers as well.

Just remember that you are spending $30k+ with them, they better kiss your a$$.

Free Oil Changes for life is really good! That is if you plan to live in the same area for a long time.

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-07-2001, 03:55 PM
Intermediate

Hi Guys,
I am new to the site. I am working with an auto-broker (a free service through work) to buy a TL-S. Like Pwaug, I was also wondering about the reliability of Acura, as well as the cost for average maintenance. I currently own a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII. It is a great car when it is running smoothly, but the maintenance is expensive when something breaks (I am due for my third $800 repair in the last 9 months). I want to avoid the same type of long term expense on my next car. Any thoughts?