Red Rear Turn Signal bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Rear Turn Signal bulbs

Has anyone replaced their rear turn signal bulbs to red (Type-S with white tail light lens). I have seen some with bluish white or pseudo HID hyper dee dooper white bulbs but they look like they have flashing reverse lamps when they turn the signals on. I though of red (are they even available?) but with the white lens, it may come out PINK. Simply put, I'm lookin' for the effect of red signals as opposed to yellow.

Any suggestions?

Vicman

03 TL Type-S SSM
K&N
Old 10-13-2003, 04:31 PM
USMC Butterbars

I have red polarg bulbs for my rear turn signals....it isnt as red as i hoped.....kinda pinkish...but i havent found a bulb that is a deep red color
Old 10-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Happy with my STi!

I also have red rear turning signals... I used to have the ultra white ones but figured it was not worth the ticket. It comes out a little pinkish during the day, but pretty red at night. Mines are Polargs.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah i know that one member on this forum, Tatewaki, had white turning bulbs, and let me tell you, I've seen them at night and my god are they ever bright. He had his emergency flashers on while I was behind him, and I couldn't look at them head on, they have me a headache. Although it looks good, the cops will probably stop him and ticket him soon.

Hopefully it doesn't happen though, but they are very blinding.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:05 PM

I have the Eaglite Superwhite rear blinkers. I love them.. It gives the car a nice clean look. Im looking for superwhite reverse lights but have no luck.. Eaglite doesnt make them and I tried MAX and they look worse than the stock ones.

Does anyone have real superwhite bulbs for the reverse lights...
Old 10-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I don't know about other state/ provinces but here in ontario the laws are:

-Headlights must be no other color other than white. (Cops simply put the light against a sheet of white paper so those el-cheapo make believe blue HID bulbs will give a blue shine on the paper)

-Turn signals must be amber on the front

-Two lights required at the rear: Red for brakes and white for license plates. Nothing said about the color of the signals

-Lights must be visible within 30 m from front or rear of vehicle

So I guess the Hyper White rear signals are OK but not at the front. I'm still looking to change the rears to red but I guess it may be a tad washed out during the day as thsiao said.

Vicman

03 TL Type-S SSM
K&N
Old 10-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Intermediate

So does anyone have a 'hyper-red" type bulb then?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Instructor

different location have different laws...in Cali front turn can be amber or white/clear (not super white) but in other states it can only by amber
Old 10-14-2003, 05:26 PM
USMC Butterbars

Originally posted by vicman17
I don't know about other state/ provinces but here in ontario the laws are:

-Headlights must be no other color other than white. (Cops simply put the light against a sheet of white paper so those el-cheapo make believe blue HID bulbs will give a blue shine on the paper)

-Turn signals must be amber on the front

-Two lights required at the rear: Red for brakes and white for license plates. Nothing said about the color of the signals

-Lights must be visible within 30 m from front or rear of vehicle

So I guess the Hyper White rear signals are OK but not at the front. I'm still looking to change the rears to red but I guess it may be a tad washed out during the day as thsiao said.

Down here in NJ.....no white signals in front unless an amber reflector is there....otherwise must be amber....in the rear....must be red or amber....NO white rears....i kno...ive been pulled over 3 times already....got out of all 3 tickets
Old 10-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Mugen CL9

A friend of mine ordered red transparent vinyl sticker (looks like deep red saran wrap) and cut it to fit over the clear part of his tail lights on his 03- TL-S. He has a Hyper White bulb behind there and it looks pretty good. The red is not an exact match to the red of the tail lights, but it's as close as it can get. I'll try to get some pics soon.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by FreDroRN
A friend of mine ordered red transparent vinyl sticker (looks like deep red saran wrap) and cut it to fit over the clear part of his tail lights on his 03- TL-S. He has a Hyper White bulb behind there and it looks pretty good. The red is not an exact match to the red of the tail lights, but it's as close as it can get. I'll try to get some pics soon.
I did that, but with taillight repair tape, it was ok but I want clear tails that light up red close to the brake light. Polargs are too pinkish (thats what I have in right now) and LEDs which comes really close to the brake light color is too dim or too many hot spots or you get hyper blinking. Just have to wait for a decent LED light.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:33 PM
9th Gear

in cali,

-front signals can be white or amber
-rear signals can be red or amber... (darn no white..)
-license plate light must be white n visible at 50ft....

damn.. whats with the white in front and not white in back! its bs!