Rear View Mirror exploded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears that the liquid in the older mirrors can 'explode' (spray all over the interior of your car) following exposure to EXTREME TEMPERATURES for an unknown period of time. EXTREME TEMPERATURES constitute both HOT and COLD (not just HOT). There is proof of this, as many of the people on this thread are from the northern states.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Exploding Rearview Mirror

As you may recall, the black liquid inside my rearview mirror exploded recently, burning a hole through my gearshift plate and leaving black stains all over my tan leather seats. Following this episode, I have been feeling ill with a sore throat, headache, and frequent fevers and am concerned that this liquid may be emitting toxic fumes within my car.

Upon request, Magna has refused to disclose to me, or my attorney, the precise chemical make-up of this black liquid used in their old rearview mirrors.

As a result, my attorney has asked to represent me in a class action suit against Magna Donnelly and American Honda Motor Corp. He submitted a claim, on my behalf, to Magna last week.

Magna has referred this claim to their United States counsel -- a large law firm in Austin, Texas.

My attorney states, "This is good in the sense that it shows that they (Magna) are taking your claim seriously. The down side, though, is that it might be harder to get quick action."

My attorney is going to continue to press them as much as he can to ack quickly, as time is of the essence. I am still ill with a constant sore throat, headache, frequent fevers, and have recently developed other health issues (perhaps, liver, kidney, gall bladder or pancreas). I am currently undergoing tests with several physicians to, hopefully, determine what is wrong with me and the root cause of my sudden illness.

I will continue to keep you all posted as to the status of this claim.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
2nd Gear

Wow, I am so glad that I had stumbled upon this page! I got my TL around Fall of 2004, used, from my dad with 100k miles already on it, and it had been sitting in the driveway for a good 3-4 years. Well after barely a week of driving, a bubble appeared in my RV mirror. It seemed strange to me at the time because I had drove it earlier that day and it was fine, but when I drove it later on that night, a bubble appeared on the top of the RV mirror. I was ignorant of its components and it never occured to me that chemicals had anything to do with it. I told my dad, who is a mechanic at a Gilman dealership, and he never heard of its potential to explode either (mind you that he's been in the field for 20+ years and is very knowledgable about imports).

I've been driving the car for over a year and a half now with the defective RV mirror, and after reading this article, it really frightens me to get in that car now. Considering that I live in Texas and the temperature down here can go from 30 degrees one day to 98 degrees the next, I'm really surprised that it hasn't already exploded! I guess I have been one of the more fortunate ones.

So my question is this: if I have a used car, will Magna Donnelly still replace it if I e-mail them about my defective RV? Or do you have to be the first owner of the vehicle?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by M0chi
Wow, I am so glad that I had stumbled upon this page! I got my TL around Fall of 2004, used, from my dad with 100k miles already on it, and it had been sitting in the driveway for a good 3-4 years. Well after barely a week of driving, a bubble appeared in my RV mirror. It seemed strange to me at the time because I had drove it earlier that day and it was fine, but when I drove it later on that night, a bubble appeared on the top of the RV mirror. I was ignorant of its components and it never occured to me that chemicals had anything to do with it. I told my dad, who is a mechanic at a Gilman dealership, and he never heard of its potential to explode either (mind you that he's been in the field for 20+ years and is very knowledgable about imports).

I've been driving the car for over a year and a half now with the defective RV mirror, and after reading this article, it really frightens me to get in that car now. Considering that I live in Texas and the temperature down here can go from 30 degrees one day to 98 degrees the next, I'm really surprised that it hasn't already exploded! I guess I have been one of the more fortunate ones.

So my question is this: if I have a used car, will Magna Donnelly still replace it if I e-mail them about my defective RV? Or do you have to be the first owner of the vehicle?
No, you do not have to be the original owner. Simply e-mail Dani.Andriacchi@magnadon.com (at Magna Donnelly) and they will send a new mirror to you. As for getting the mirror installed, go to an Acura dealership and ask them if they can replace the mirror FREE OF CHARGE under their "goodwill" policy (even if you no longer have a warranty). Tell them about this web site and that other Acura dealers are providing this labor at no charge.

I also need your assistance. Can you please tell me if Magna Donnely requires you to send back the old mirror and, if so, why? Will they cover the shipping charges? Also, please ask Magna if you can throw the old mirror away in a dumpster rather than shipping it back to them. If they say, "No", please ask them why. Perhaps, you could ask them, "Does it contain hazardous chemicals that need to be properly disposed of?"

This information is critical to my class action suit against them.

Thanks so much and good luck!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
10th Gear

This is, in particuliar to, cemcflc:
I had already sent the old mirror before I read your posts, thus I do not have the FedEx shipping #. However, when I received the replacement rear view mirror, there was the return shipping label that was already created. Additionally, since I already had the replacement mirror replaced, I've not been in further contact with the installer.
I feel I need to correct the statement that the installer was not the one that discussed a regional affliction. I was the one that simply made an assumption upon the hotter or colder spots of the country might be plagued by this issue and does not appear to have surfaced in Colorado, from what I have been told. That was according to the Acura master mechanic, my own Japanese mechanic, the Pikes Peak Acura dealership by the service manager in Colorado Springs, and the installer at Elite Auto Glass in Colorado Springs. This is not to say that I have any doubt upon the validity of the exploding rear view mirrors. Put simply, I am making a notice that in this area of the country; the word does not seem to be out of this problem.
Furthermore, this morning, I emailed Dani Andriacchi notifying him of the old mirror being shipped back and I asked him the questions concerning why there was a desire to receive the damaged mirrors and what might have caused this problem.
I'll update any information I receive that might be helpful to this forum.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cemcflc
No, you do not have to be the original owner. Simply e-mail Dani.Andriacchi@magnadon.com (at Magna Donnelly) and they will send a new mirror to you. As for getting the mirror installed, go to an Acura dealership and ask them if they can replace the mirror FREE OF CHARGE under their "goodwill" policy (even if you no longer have a warranty). Tell them about this web site and that other Acura dealers are providing this labor at no charge.

I also need your assistance. Can you please tell me if Magna Donnely requires you to send back the old mirror and, if so, why? Will they cover the shipping charges? Also, please ask Magna if you can throw the old mirror away in a dumpster rather than shipping it back to them. If they say, "No", please ask them why. Perhaps, you could ask them, "Does it contain hazardous chemicals that need to be properly disposed of?"

This information is critical to my class action suit against them.

Thanks so much and good luck!

THank U for your help and I'll do the same for you. GL!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation Exploding Rearview Mirror

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!

If you are you interested in pursuing a claim against Magna Donnelly (as a result of your rearview mirror exploding liquid all over your seats, your car, and perhaps, you), please call David Lilenfeld (Business and Intellectual Property Litigation) at

(404) 870-7092 - office
(678) 471-2260 - mobile
(404) 393-9710 - fax
e-mail: David@LilenfeldPC.com

Office Address:
817 West Peachtree Street, Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30308-1144
Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 AM
10th Gear

Well,
It has now been 11 days since I emailed Dani Andriacchi at Magna Donnelly, asking him of the reason for wanting me to return the old rear view mirror. I received no response from him. I'm very sorry that I could not be of more help with information in regard to this issue, as of late. I hope you, cemflc, are able to resolve this issue, and am sorry that it had to come to suing to get a proper accountability on the part of Magna Donnelly.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
3rd Gear

Hi Guys,
I did the magna-donnelly thing and they sent me a replacement mirror in the mail, along with the return postage paperwork. Installation took about 15 minutes, 10 of which was trying to figure out how to remove the old mirror.

Basically, you pop off the plastic piece above the mirror, then slide the mirror down and it comes off. Before you do all this, you have to remove the sunglass holder/light plastic trim. This is done by first poping off the map light lens and then removing the 2 screws inside the lens area and the 2 screws inside the sunglass holder. once this trim is removed you can access the plug for the mirror.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Wow...I have been reading about this problem for a while. I have been always afraid it was going to happen to me. And as you may expect, it did! I noticed only half of the mirror funtioned. I immediately took it to my dealer (Valencia Acura) and expressed my concerns about the mirror causing damage to the interior of the car in the future. So with no questions asked, they replaced the mirror immediately. I was amazed, I thought I would be running into a hard time getting it replaced but I guess not. However, they did not agree with my concerns of it casuing more damage because they claimed never hearing about anything like what was mentioned on this site ever happening. Oh well, no biggie. I am sorry to hear about all the guys that are having such a difficult time with this.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, if you are under original warranty, then dealer will change without questions ask.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Well that is what amazes me...I am well beyond my compehensive warranty 63000 miles/5th year
Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

cemcflc: Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure that your lawyer already knows this, but under US Right-to-Know legislation, you're entitled to a copy of the MSDS for whatever the electrochromatic material is inside the mirror.

Since there's pending legislation, they'll likely make it difficult for you and probably claim that it's a propietary product or that it's a trade secret. While that may be true, I can assure you that every person working in the factory that makes those mirrors has access to a copy of that document. Maybe you can pursue that route on the sly...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Instructor

I did what everyone said and called Magna Donnelly. Dani sent me a new mirror and a return postage. Replaced the mirror and sent it back. Thank freaking god of this site because when my heater core went out, which by the way cost me $1100, i asked them how much it would cost me to replace the mirror. They told me $195 plus $65 labor. I was F that. So then i read all the posts on the mirror thing and did what some recommended and it worked like a charm. Also if i wasnt for this website i would have never been more inclined to change the mirror so fast. Since many people say extreme heat could be a main cause if it exploding, living here in texas was just going to make it a matter of time. Thanks guys.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by htowndepsi
I did what everyone said and called Magna Donnelly. Dani sent me a new mirror and a return postage. Replaced the mirror and sent it back. Thank freaking god of this site because when my heater core went out, which by the way cost me $1100, i asked them how much it would cost me to replace the mirror. They told me $195 plus $65 labor. I was F that. So then i read all the posts on the mirror thing and did what some recommended and it worked like a charm. Also if i wasnt for this website i would have never been more inclined to change the mirror so fast. Since many people say extreme heat could be a main cause if it exploding, living here in texas was just going to make it a matter of time. Thanks guys.
Hello
Question: How come labor is $65? In Brooklyn NY it is $125. I want to move where you are from. Is still 65/h right now?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:34 AM
You can turbo anything

Ok when are you guys calling in for your mirrors? I just called (February 3rd 2006 at 9:30am Eastern time) and the representative has told me that Magna Donnelly is not affiliated with the company that produces our rearview mirrors anymore. I am contacting the manager of said division (defects?- Don Byers 616-786-7456) to get this taken care of. My 99TL has over 117k miles so no chance of warranty here...plus Acura already replaced my tranny no cost at 100k+ so I am pleased with them...I AM sick of looking at this broken mirror though.

I contacted the Lawyer you all gave the number to, and he said to call back if I don't get anywhere and he would email Magna's lawyer...lets see what the manager of defects has to say when I tell him I have a lawyer on my side

Thanks

-Ryan
Old 02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by oleglev
Hello
Question: How come labor is $65? In Brooklyn NY it is $125. I want to move where you are from. Is still 65/h right now?
Well one reason for him to charge me that much could be, when i asked him, the dealer had just got done replacing my heater core. That cost me $1100, so maybe he felt bad and said $65 b/c i already gave him enough money so he can go back to his dealership friends and say how much he suckered me for money. Or it could be that it is just a cheaper dealer. Not sure
Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Instructor

Just email that Dani guy and tell him u know 200 Acura TL owners who have had this problem. I did and he said he does pro bono work and will send one out for free. Which means, he doesnt want to be sued, so he will send one out for free.

Originally Posted by speedr73
Ok when are you guys calling in for your mirrors? I just called (February 3rd 2006 at 9:30am Eastern time) and the representative has told me that Magna Donnelly is not affiliated with the company that produces our rearview mirrors anymore. I am contacting the manager of said division (defects?- Don Byers 616-786-7456) to get this taken care of. My 99TL has over 117k miles so no chance of warranty here...plus Acura already replaced my tranny no cost at 100k+ so I am pleased with them...I AM sick of looking at this broken mirror though.

I contacted the Lawyer you all gave the number to, and he said to call back if I don't get anywhere and he would email Magna's lawyer...lets see what the manager of defects has to say when I tell him I have a lawyer on my side

Thanks

-Ryan
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear

The rearview mirror saga continues

Hi all,

I found your site during a search to see what the heck may have happened to the rearview mirror on my '01 MDX, ~67,000 miles.

Yesterday, after not driving it for a few days, I noticed some goop on the center console and then I noticed some sort of watermark in the rearview mirror, like moisture was sandwiched inside. I wiped the goop up with my hand and puzzled, continued on my way. The mirror discoloration was driving me nuts but since we are moving to a new home this week I didn't have a lot of time to deal with it.

Then today, I noticed while driving on a winding road that the discoloration in the mirror was moving and shifting about in an odd way. It was then that I realized that something wet had not dripped into the mirror, but rather the mess was from the mirror.

I have the extended warranty so I called my dealer, who at first told me that the rearview mirror was considered "trim" and therefore not covered by the warranty. I asked him to double check, and I told him about what I read on this forum. He came back and said that the part number was, in fact, covered by warranty.

So tomorrow, I am off to the dealership for a new mirror.

I don't know if they changed up the warranty, or if it depends on who supplies the warranty, but mine is covered.

Also, the goop that got on my console and leather luckily didn't leave any marks, so I am not sure if this particular type of mirror has the same caustic contents. I just, after reading this thread, went out and wiped more off and it looks fine. No ill effects on my hand either, so far.

We are in Dallas, Texas, and haven't hit our hot season yet this year. The car is garaged when this happened, and it has only been in the 80s this week.

Weird, weird, but I am so glad I found your forum.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Welcome. make sure you note to the dealer that it leaked on the seats and console just incase down the road.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Cruisin'

And another...

Well, the same time my 2nd tranny goes, so does the RV mirror. It has an oval in the middle of the mirror. No leakage yet and car is garaged as I am not driving it at the moment due to tranny failure. For research purposes, I live north of Santa Barbara about an hour in a moderate environment ... temps never get high. Have occassionally been out of town to areas with high heat but not this year.

I have e-mailed politely to Dani at Magna Donnelly to request a replacement. I will let you know my results.

Geez, when it rains, it pours!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM
10th Gear

Is this pretty easy to install yourself. What do they send you - the mirror or some crazy mounting bracket. do you need to remove the mounting bracket?

the one guy who posted made it sound that easy. but then I see people bring it to dealers to get it installed.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bluesman78
Is this pretty easy to install yourself. What do they send you - the mirror or some crazy mounting bracket. do you need to remove the mounting bracket?

the one guy who posted made it sound that easy. but then I see people bring it to dealers to get it installed.
I don't know how the TL mirror is, but I tried to remove the MDX mirror before I figured out what had happened and it had a couple of plastic bits to remove (with delicate plastic tabs) and it seemed to be wired in.

I did want to follow up with you all regarding the dealer experience...

After reading all the valuable advice I got in this forum, I took an old terry cloth rag and some masking tape and bandaged up the mirror so that nothing else could leak out of the mirror onto the interior. The guys at the dealership said this was a very smart thing to do.

The dealership also said that they have never seen this happen on an MDX before, but several times on the TL.

I am spreading the word to friends as I am sure it isn't only the Acura that has these mirrors.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Too many $$ toys

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ours just went out on our 2001 CL. it has 49K miles, but is out of warranty on the age. i emailed dani politely asking for a replacement.

scott
Old 05-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Too many $$ toys

Originally Posted by surlynkid
ours just went out on our 2001 CL. it has 49K miles, but is out of warranty on the age. i emailed dani politely asking for a replacement.

scott
i got an auto-response. dani is on vacation until 5/30.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

Mine went up during my weekend getaway... The bubble showed up on Friday night as we were driving on 95, and then on Sunday we heard the "POP" in the mirror on the way back up 95. Then all the liquid slowly leaked out... I'm glad that it didn't burst all over the place while we were riding...

I'm at the dealer right now and their replacing it for me

I told them that I have the extended warranty and they called Acura Care and they said it's covered... I should be out of here in a few minutes...

My girl was wiping the drip with a towel so I don't think she actually touched the chemicals, and today the guy in the service shop said it was mecury... She hasn't been feeling sick, but isn't mercury dangerous to touch??
Old 05-24-2006, 08:57 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by bmoreTLS
Mine went up during my weekend getaway... The bubble showed up on Friday night as we were driving on 95, and then on Sunday we heard the "POP" in the mirror on the way back up 95. Then all the liquid slowly leaked out... I'm glad that it didn't burst all over the place while we were riding...

I'm at the dealer right now and their replacing it for me

I told them that I have the extended warranty and they called Acura Care and they said it's covered... I should be out of here in a few minutes...

My girl was wiping the drip with a towel so I don't think she actually touched the chemicals, and today the guy in the service shop said it was mecury... She hasn't been feeling sick, but isn't mercury dangerous to touch??
If it mercury then you will get cancer because of breezing it not because of touching it. It is very dangers but not a metal but gas that it produce when reacting with air. But I don't think them using mercury in mirrors. It some kind of
Old 05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
3rd Gear

Mercury is poisonous, but I think it has to get into the bloodstream. <--- inappropriate speculation from a non-doctor.

I'm 41, and I remember when I was a little kid, my dad had a jar of liquid silvery stuff. My brother and I used to open the jar and pour it out and play with it. It was Mercury. We are both still here, he is 45 now.

I'd be interested to know what is in that mirror though, because I put my hand in it.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wiffle
Mercury is poisonous, but I think it has to get into the bloodstream. <--- inappropriate speculation from a non-doctor.

I'm 41, and I remember when I was a little kid, my dad had a jar of liquid silvery stuff. My brother and I used to open the jar and pour it out and play with it. It was Mercury. We are both still here, he is 45 now.

I'd be interested to know what is in that mirror though, because I put my hand in it.
After my mirror exploded and I began feeling sick with sore throat, chronic headaches, gastro intestinal problems, I spoke with Magna Donnelly's Vice President, Niall R. Lynam, whom stated to me that the chemicals used in their older mirrors weren't toxic. HOWEVER, I recently learned (after hiring an attorney and signing a non-disclosure agreement w/Magna) that all of the chemicals (approx 8 diff chems) used in their mirrors (mfg'd prior to 2003) are toxic when inhaled. Mr. Lynam lied to me.

Magna's newer rearview mirrors use a patented solid core, so are safer (according to a press release issued by Magna).

Magna sent me a new mirror at no charge. My dealer installed it for me at no charge. If your dealer is not willing to do so, I recommend that you e-mail your dealer's installation and labor invoice to Magna for reimbursement.

Magna should issue a recall on these mirrors.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wiffle

See http://www.epa.state.oh.us/opp/merc_school_FS.html for info on mercury. Inhalation is the main pathway through which mercury enters your body. At just above room temperature, it vaporizes - you can't see it or smell it, but you breathe it in! If you inhale too much mercury you may suffer:

Central nervous system (brain) disorders--these can not be cured!
Psychological changes
Loss of sight, hearing, and memory
Nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps
Kidney failure
Lung tissue damage
Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
i am kind a worried now. i think i am gona turn off the switch below the rear view mirror so it dosent explode.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:06 AM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
i am kind a worried now. i think i am gona turn off the switch below the rear view mirror so it dosent explode.
That wont matter, particularly if you've already got a bubble in the mirror. If you don't have the bubble then maybe turning it off will help postpone it...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Intermediate

That wont matter, particularly if you've already got a bubble in the mirror. If you don't have the bubble then maybe turning it off will help postpone it...
You're right. If it's an older mirror, it may just suddenly explode the liquid all over the place. It really makes a mess and the black liquid will permanently stain your leather seats.

More importantly, make sure you ventilate the car right away if this occurs, so you're not inhaling the fumes.

Best piece of advice...Get a new mirror installed.

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Too many $$ toys

we called champion acura in houston to try to get them to cover it. the 2001 CL is still under 50K, but out of warranty on age. at first, my wife called and spoke to larry the service advisor. he quoted $190 and said there was no recall. my wife said he seemed careful to choose his words about an official "recall" versus just plain screwed up mirrors. so, the next day, i called him and relayed everything i have been reading about these mirrors. he hemmed and hawed and kept having to look things up and then finally his service manager, lance, picked up the call. lance said they repair them on a case by case basis out of warranty and would do it for 50% off. i asked if i could apply that $95 all against the mirror and do the labor myself (since i already removed the mirror in a whopping 10 minutes). he said they could not do that. i again went into the risk of this stuff spewing out onto my wife and son and the toxicity, blah, blah, blah. i told him i was not satisfied with 50% due to seriousness of the problem and would like the name and number of the disctrict manager for acura/honda america to discuss it further. he gave me the name and number. all was cordial. i just wanted to keep moving up the food chain. the next day, before i could even call the district manager, lance called my wife and said they would do it for free.

we got it done saturday. they even topped off the brake fluid and washed it for us.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
this is what mine mirror looks like - this is the person you need to email if you still need a replacement
Heath.Flanery@magnadon.com
I emailed them about my mirror and about this thread on the site - they are going to send me a new one for free, and my car is over 7 years old! I am very impressed that they are still backing up their products.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

I just received an email back from Heath Flanery and he asked me to fill out a form. Can you tell me how you filled it out? I do not know how many wires are in the plug, the color of the wires, color of the plug, and color of the housing. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JDMxBALLER
I just received an email back from Heath Flanery and he asked me to fill out a form. Can you tell me how you filled it out? I do not know how many wires are in the plug, the color of the wires, color of the plug, and color of the housing. Thanks in advance.
I was never asked to fill out a form. I simply took it to my Acura dealer and they replaced my existing mirror at no charge.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by surlynkid
we called champion acura in houston to try to get them to cover it. the 2001 CL is still under 50K, but out of warranty on age. at first, my wife called and spoke to larry the service advisor. he quoted $190 and said there was no recall. my wife said he seemed careful to choose his words about an official "recall" versus just plain screwed up mirrors. so, the next day, i called him and relayed everything i have been reading about these mirrors. he hemmed and hawed and kept having to look things up and then finally his service manager, lance, picked up the call. lance said they repair them on a case by case basis out of warranty and would do it for 50% off. i asked if i could apply that $95 all against the mirror and do the labor myself (since i already removed the mirror in a whopping 10 minutes). he said they could not do that. i again went into the risk of this stuff spewing out onto my wife and son and the toxicity, blah, blah, blah. i told him i was not satisfied with 50% due to seriousness of the problem and would like the name and number of the disctrict manager for acura/honda america to discuss it further. he gave me the name and number. all was cordial. i just wanted to keep moving up the food chain. the next day, before i could even call the district manager, lance called my wife and said they would do it for free.

we got it done saturday. they even topped off the brake fluid and washed it for us.
That's great!!! All you really need to say is one word...LIABILITY.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

When I went to my dealer, they said that it wasn't covered anymore since my warrenty period was over and it would cost $180. Maybe they weren't taking me seriously since I look young. Anyways, I'm glad to know that Heath Flanery and the makers of our mirror are a stand up company and stand behind their product and not screw us over. Hope to get my mirror in soon and I'll keep you all updated. Thanks to all who participated in this thread cause I would have just left it broken if it weren't for this forum.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMxBALLER
I have a '99 TL - 3 wires, (black, grey and white); blue plug; housing is obviously black...I think that is what they were talking about. I sent them the picture I posted and another from underneath. should do the trick

Quick Reply: Rear View Mirror exploded!