RANT !!! Wow ebay keeps pissing me off ... Dont buy anything from carparts2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RANT !!! Wow ebay keeps pissing me off ... Dont buy anything from carparts2003

So yea I finally got over the near 600 dollar loss i incurred for purchasing a nitrous kit (thats another story)

so i win the auction for megan headers on ebay. Yay. Paypal them trhough my credit card one hour later.

So what would ya know heres the following conversation

ME "Hi, I sent you a paypal payment for the following auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

im still waiting to here from you regarding my item.

Thank you,
Jordan"

HER: "hello jordan,

we are very sorry to informed you that we just sold
out of the 98-02 accord v6 header. we won't be getting
more in until early next month and thats when our
shipment will be arriving from our factory. would you
like wait or would you like a refund. if you are
willing to wait by next month we can give you a $10.00
off. thankyou and we apologized for the back order.

linda"

ME:
"linda i would liek a refund ... i was under the impression that putting up an auction is representative of actually having an item.

Please refund me the full amount of the auction plus 3.5% per diem (paypal fees) to my paypal account at jordnegert@aol.com

i paid with a credit card so you could just decline the payment

Thank you,
Mr. Jordan Egert"

So yea, I was refunded my money and all but it just fuels me that you can be on back order for headers meanwhile selling an item that doesnt exist on ebay

Sorry just had to fume
Old 12-02-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea alot of company tends to post stuff up even tho its not instock, but at least they didnt give you the run around for your refund.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Comptech Freak

i ordered a spoiler from ebay and they said it's defective and gotta wait until next week...

Thank you for your purchase of our spoilers.

"We are sorry to inform you that the spoiler you ordered is defected. We found a crack on the spoiler that is not repairable. However, the new spoiler is going to arrive at our warehouse this weel. We will ship it out on Friday or next Monday. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we hope we can serve you better in the future"
Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Racer

on ebay if the seller has it listed it is supposed to be in stock, leave bad feedback so other buyers don't get scammed too.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
i ordered a spoiler from ebay and they said it's defective and gotta wait until next week...

Thank you for your purchase of our spoilers.

"We are sorry to inform you that the spoiler you ordered is defected. We found a crack on the spoiler that is not repairable. However, the new spoiler is going to arrive at our warehouse this weel. We will ship it out on Friday or next Monday. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we hope we can serve you better in the future"
yea well at least he was being honest about the spoiler and not giving you the cracked one...

come on guys dont cry....
Old 12-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I understand your frustration, but you're acting like these people are crooks when all they did was sell out of an item. People make mistakes, nobody is perfect. It happens all the time but it sounds like carparts2003 is a pretty good seller if they offered a $100 discount or a full refund and they issued you a refund immediately.

Its one thing if the seller sent you an empty box when you paid $600 for headers, its another thing if the seller made a mistake and listed an item when it was out of stock ... They did the right thing by admitting their mistake and offered to correct it by giving you $100 off or a full refund.

If I were you though, I'd start trying to buy things from brick and mortar stores. That way you have the item in hand and can touch and feel it before you pay for it.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
I understand your frustration, but you're acting like these people are crooks when all they did was sell out of an item. People make mistakes, nobody is perfect. It happens all the time but it sounds like carparts2003 is a pretty good seller if they offered a $100 discount or a full refund and they issued you a refund immediately.

Its one thing if the seller sent you an empty box when you paid $600 for headers, its another thing if the seller made a mistake and listed an item when it was out of stock ... They did the right thing by admitting their mistake and offered to correct it by giving you $100 off or a full refund.

If I were you though, I'd start trying to buy things from brick and mortar stores. That way you have the item in hand and can touch and feel it before you pay for it.

Read his post again. It was a $10.00 refund,not $100. Under ebay rules you are supposed to be bidding on a specific item, or if there are more than one it needs to be specified. If you win an item it is supposed to be in stock, there shouldn't be any question about it. I'd post a bad review for them becuase under the seller agreement that they agreed to, what they are doing can be considered fraud.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Instructor

its unfortunate for buyers on ebay to win an auction but mislead to believe that the item is in stock, incorrect item, broken, etc.

I would say that most sellers on ebay are trying to run a small business from their homes. I am not surprised by sellers telling buyers that an item has been sold out, damaged, back order, whatever bs ..... These sellers are simply trying to get cash in hand to buy more merchandise, pay bills, etc..you get the picture. Its like any business market/ financial plan; buy $50 or more, get $10 credit...the store wins. You still lose $50 ! You lose on the opportunity cost that could have been saved or forgone to something else.

btw, Ebay rules do stipulate that you are bidding on a specific item from the seller....

Back to the point, these sellers are not committing fraud per se..They have good intentions of selling the item to you, just not right now. Unless they give you bs like not refunding your money, not replying to your messages, neglecting their responsiblities of keeping you updated on your order, etc...then, I would say they have intentions to commit fraud.

It is a hassle and an inconvenience for buyers to have to go through this process at their expenses. I guess the best thing to do is leave a negative feedback on the seller if you shop on Ebay. Remember, have the time on Ebay..the seller wins !!

Just my opinions, people.....