Radar by MPH Industries makes radar detectors invisable

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar by MPH Industries makes radar detectors invisable

Hey All,

I have a valentine 1 radar and I was driving to work down a long road, one vehicle coming towards me. All of a sudden my radar goes nuts, full strength..

It's an undercover cop car..

Got me going 73 / 45..

Come to find out they have a new radar by MPH Industries with POP.

"When the MPH radar is placed into POP mode, the radar emits a short burst of energy and quickly measures the vehicle's speed. The radar then goes immediately into standby and displays the obtained speed for a couple of seconds. The entire measurement happens so quickly that the NO radar detector could detect it with any accuracy."

above is from resource http://www.007radardetectors.com/pop_radar.htm

So, if anyone has the valentine1 radar and needs the upgrade to include POP, get it in now..

Cya..
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
you should upgrade the detector to the latest version with POP detection.

also dont put all your trust into the detector when speeding. you should always be paying attention
Old 01-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Ya, I'm sending mine into valentine...

It was like 6:00am, to dark..
Old 01-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Instant on won't give you enough time to react anyway.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
It's kind of the same as with radar guns. Unless they are targeting someone in front of you and your detector picks up on it, you are caught. Speeding when traffic is light, like at 6 AM (at least around here), is asking for a ticket. It's not hard to guess which vehicle is going 30 miles over the speed limit when there's only one to choose from.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
yup. unless other traffic is out there to help give you a little warning it will be hard to get enough warning
Old 01-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Always..always speed with a decoy car in front of you. If you allow the car that is speeding to pass you, let them get about 1/4 mile ahead of you, then, you should have some kind of warning or at least let them get popped before you. I have practiced this for years and never had an issue. Bottom line, never be alone while speeding. Plus, if your states use planes like mine, you will lose out anyway, regardless of radar detector you have since they visually measure your speed, no electronic devices.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
isn't that some sort of instant on radar?....i see it used on the parkway....i usually pick up the cars ahead of my getting clocked, and that's how i know......not sure how much the upgrade is....not gonna trek to my garage now to get it.

plus i'm not even sure they're using POP here in nj....
Old 01-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Type-S1
Hey All,

I have a valentine 1 radar and I was driving to work down a long road, one vehicle coming towards me. All of a sudden my radar goes nuts, full strength..

It's an undercover cop car..

Got me going 73 / 45..

Come to find out they have a new radar by MPH Industries with POP.

"When the MPH radar is placed into POP mode, the radar emits a short burst of energy and quickly measures the vehicle's speed. The radar then goes immediately into standby and displays the obtained speed for a couple of seconds. The entire measurement happens so quickly that the NO radar detector could detect it with any accuracy."

above is from resource http://www.007radardetectors.com/pop_radar.htm

So, if anyone has the valentine1 radar and needs the upgrade to include POP, get it in now..

Cya..
sounds to me like you just got hit with good ol' instant-on radar, which is one of the older tricks in the book. No radar detector can help you with this, simply because they cant hear the radar comming (as would be the case if the cop just left the radar gun powered on). With instant-on you get zero reading on your RD until the cop hits the button.

IIRC, valentine 1 does not detect POP all that well (depending on what version you have), so chances are, your detector would never have gone off at all if it was unable to grab the signal (which is how POP is supposed to work get your speed without the RD picking the radar up).

As I am sure you have learned, RD's don't really help much at all when you are the only person on the road. As has been mentioned above, you need to have other people around you (especially in front) to act as a cloack of sorts.