Raced the TL Type S last night..

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 01:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Raced the TL Type S last night..

It was fun...last night me, TypeSDragon(2 people in car) and AlfaV6(3 people in car) were hanging out in NYC. And the first race was me(2001 TL, intake only.) and TypeSDragon(2002 TL Type S, intake only) The races were on Francis Lewis Blvd...The first race really sucked..b/c I had my car in neutral and couldn't get it into SS mode...and got creamed.. The second time we tried to go at it, I wasn't ready and he took off...then 3rd time we went I was ready...soon as the light turned green...I squealed my tires hard and had a nice little take off...was beating him by almost a car length until we hit about 60...and shifted to 3rd...then he just zoommed by me..it was as if my car just stopped...all I could do was look..oh well..

What else was fun was that after the first race...an Altima(had some kinda of exhaust, 2 people in car) and Civic pulled up to us flashing their lights. and we were behind each other..about to make a left turn From left to right it was ALfav6, Altima and Civic and behind Alfav6 was typesdragon and me behind him...as soon as the light turned green Alfa took off and the altima and civic got dusted...even I passed them up on 3rd gear...and I was 3 car lengths behind from the start...geez...they're slow...

Anyways it was crazy fun..and we gotta do that again..
Old 10-28-2001, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

I live just a few minutes from Francis Lewis. What time were you guys there?! And why wasn't I informed of this little meeting?! j/k

Be careful in that area though. Cops know its a nice stretch for racing. Over the past few years they have been making themselves visible.

Sounds like it was a nice race though!!
Old 10-28-2001, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by rmarin2
I live just a few minutes from Francis Lewis. What time were you guys there?! And why wasn't I informed of this little meeting?! j/k

Be careful in that area though. Cops know its a nice stretch for racing. Over the past few years they have been making themselves visible.

Sounds like it was a nice race though!!
Yea...before we raced..we went from one end to the next end to make sure there was no cops...yea it was really fun...
Old 10-28-2001, 02:40 PM
Banned

Dont make me come over the east and beat all of you guys! In due time i will be over there! Be afraid!
Old 10-28-2001, 06:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Crzy Acura
Dont make me come over the east and beat all of you guys! In due time i will be over there! Be afraid!
I'll be afraid...when I see your face...
Old 10-28-2001, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Why does everyone race on Francis Lewis? Too many cops man.
Let alone being a residential area. Even the neighbors try to stop it. When I went to Holy Cross H.S.(on Frany Lou) Some guy poored oil on part of the road and a guy racing in a Stang Vert slid and died. Needless to say the bastard went to jail.
Be carefull
Old 10-28-2001, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
Why does everyone race on Francis Lewis? Too many cops man.
Let alone being a residential area. Even the neighbors try to stop it. When I went to Holy Cross H.S.(on Frany Lou) Some guy poored oil on part of the road and a guy racing in a Stang Vert slid and died. Needless to say the bastard went to jail.
Be carefull
Oh..I don't know...I don't live in the area...they picked it...if it was me...I wouldn't have raced at all
Old 10-28-2001, 07:50 PM
Jax
Racer

franny lew south of prep(saint francis prep h.s) isnt a really residential area cause its all parks and junk. that strip is so nice, three lanes and good distance between lights.. too bad there are too many cops there... Cleaview would be great too if it wasnt a speed trap. next time you guys do this let me know.. i live 2 minutes away
Old 10-28-2001, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jax
franny lew south of prep(saint francis prep h.s) isnt a really residential area cause its all parks and junk. that strip is so nice, three lanes and good distance between lights.. too bad there are too many cops there...

Yup, I hear you on that one. I wasn't sure where exactly he raced but south of LIE is nothing but Cunningham Park. But still the 5.0 factor
Old 10-28-2001, 08:02 PM
Jax
Racer

yah franny lew north of nothern blvd is too hard to race... too many cars too many people too many lights... its just not a place you would race.. northern state at 1 am... thats where i hit my limit in the TL... hehe coming back from bowling from westbury 5 cars going at it... i think i hit like 115 gaining on 120 i said nah its crazy... no point to go so fast... down..and slowed
Old 10-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jax
yah franny lew north of nothern blvd is too hard to race... too many cars too many people too many lights... its just not a place you would race.. northern state at 1 am... thats where i hit my limit in the TL... hehe coming back from bowling from westbury 5 cars going at it... i think i hit like 115 gaining on 120 i said nah its crazy... no point to go so fast... down..and slowed
Northern state is L.I. and I don't know their laws but remember Giuliani passed a law a year ago or so about speeding in NYC. If you get busted for speeding at over 100MPH or 70MPH w/ 2 or 3 moving violations at the same time, the city gets to keep your car

Haven't really heard much about it since and don't know the exact details but keep it in mind.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:16 PM
Jax
Racer

hmmm i just thought if ur caught going over double speeding limit they could take your car... no idea... cause i was pulled over doing 57 in a 30 (i didnt feel like i was going that fast but he clocked me from behind a tree and crap) .. and the cop said something about if you went 60 you woulda been in trouble... i got REAL lucky cause i was 20 feet away from a construction zone where it was 25 instead of 30
Old 10-28-2001, 10:14 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Raced the TL Type S last night..

Yea, it was a fun night. But the story continues with me and ALFAV6. It is not fair to Joey that I have a S and he doesn't. So I wanted to take on ALFAV6. So me (intake only) and ALFAV6 (intake and exhaust) both stopped at the light, but he peeled off with his S before the light turn green. So we both went at it again the next light. This time, I had a better launch and I pretty much kiss is a$$. Then we went at it again the following light, I am sure I was in the lead, but traffic strucked us. However, I had my girl and he had two other ppl. So pretty much we found out that whoever gets a head start on the launch will win. But the part racing with the civic and altima was a joke. They didn't even stand a chance.

Originally posted by bdimc2001
It was fun...last night me, TypeSDragon(2 people in car) and AlfaV6(3 people in car) were hanging out in NYC. And the first race was me(2001 TL, intake only.) and TypeSDragon(2002 TL Type S, intake only) The races were on Francis Lewis Blvd...The first race really sucked..b/c I had my car in neutral and couldn't get it into SS mode...and got creamed.. The second time we tried to go at it, I wasn't ready and he took off...then 3rd time we went I was ready...soon as the light turned green...I squealed my tires hard and had a nice little take off...was beating him by almost a car length until we hit about 60...and shifted to 3rd...then he just zoommed by me..it was as if my car just stopped...all I could do was look..oh well..

What else was fun was that after the first race...an Altima(had some kinda of exhaust, 2 people in car) and Civic pulled up to us flashing their lights. and we were behind each other..about to make a left turn From left to right it was ALfav6, Altima and Civic and behind Alfav6 was typesdragon and me behind him...as soon as the light turned green Alfa took off and the altima and civic got dusted...even I passed them up on 3rd gear...and I was 3 car lengths behind from the start...geez...they're slow...

Anyways it was crazy fun..and we gotta do that again..
Old 10-28-2001, 10:23 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hahaha... maybe Joey is a little afraid, but I sure don't. I know I can kick your a$$ BOY!!! Make sure to take out your system because the closest you will ever get is seeing the dust coming from my tires... hehee...

Originally posted by Crzy Acura
Old 10-28-2001, 11:20 PM
Intermediate

That race in Francis Lewis was pretty cool
I'll tell you...Alfav6 is one crazy nut =P
He took on a 540i and a Clk 430 and he only lost by a car length.
It seems like the TL-s loses out on 3rd gear though.
Other than that..it's one quick ride.
I've heard of Francis Lewis and the many cops that surround the neighborhood therefore... i always like to excercise caution and safety.
The stretch of rode is definitely a place to race..
We should all meet there again around 2am in the morning =)
Old 10-28-2001, 11:23 PM
Super Troll

Re: Re: Raced the TL Type S last night..

Originally posted by TypeSDragon
Yea, it was a fun night. But the story continues with me and ALFAV6. It is not fair to Joey that I have a S and he doesn't. So I wanted to take on ALFAV6. So me (intake only) and ALFAV6 (intake and exhaust) both stopped at the light, but he peeled off with his S before the light turn green. So we both went at it again the next light. This time, I had a better launch and I pretty much kiss is a$$. Then we went at it again the following light, I am sure I was in the lead, but traffic strucked us. However, I had my girl and he had two other ppl. So pretty much we found out that whoever gets a head start on the launch will win. But the part racing with the civic and altima was a joke. They didn't even stand a chance.

it was fun but your right who ever gets the good launch will be the winner.... pretty much even.... lets do it again ....
Old 10-28-2001, 11:28 PM
Super Troll

Originally posted by yhk6
That race in Francis Lewis was pretty cool
I'll tell you...Alfav6 is one crazy nut =P
He took on a 540i and a Clk 430 and he only lost by a car length.
It seems like the TL-s loses out on 3rd gear though.
Other than that..it's one quick ride.
I've heard of Francis Lewis and the many cops that surround the neighborhood therefore... i always like to excercise caution and safety.
The stretch of rode is definitely a place to race..
We should all meet there again around 2am in the morning =)
thought the CLK was a 320
Old 10-28-2001, 11:35 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Wish I was there to witness the races.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by BlackShadow
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Wish I was there to witness the races.
There is always next week...we're gonna shot some pool again..also..
Old 10-29-2001, 01:47 PM
Racer

Next Week.

Hey I saw you guys, just got off the phone with Joey and confirmed it was you guys. I was going the other directions racing a Civic. Heh heh, poor thing never had a chance until I had to turn. **** you guys should have called me. Anyways talking to Joey we should meet up this Saturday. Possibly race against a few Max's. Also the Legend guys are having a meet at Bear Mountain at 11AM. If anyone is interested, check out the Meet section.

Laters.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Racer

hey!!! I live in Whitestone... why didnt you guys call me??? I always take a few runs on the blvd... and how come i havent seen any of you guys up there? there is this one silver TL-S that I always see up there? is that any of you? and whos the guy that went to Holy Cross??? I graduated from there in 97... god I hated that school!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Crav4Speed
hey!!! I live in Whitestone... why didnt you guys call me??? I always take a few runs on the blvd... and how come i havent seen any of you guys up there? there is this one silver TL-S that I always see up there? is that any of you? and whos the guy that went to Holy Cross??? I graduated from there in 97... god I hated that school!!!
Dam now your making me feel real old I graduated in '89!

But one thing I'm sure hasn't change, Holy Cross H.S. SUCKED!!! Was there still a Ms. MCarthy when you gratuated? What a miserable ***** she was!
Old 10-29-2001, 11:23 PM
Racer

hehehe... 89 huh? uhh... no comment :p I know a few people that graduated from there back in your day but yeah, Ms. Mcarthy was still there, do you remember Doc? Mr. Schiliro? he passed away about 2 yrs ago... what a shame, I loved that guy... Mr. Giannuzzi became Principal... did you hear his son commited suicide? alot of crazy things happened since you left
Old 10-29-2001, 11:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Crav4Speed
hehehe... 89 huh? uhh... no comment :p I know a few people that graduated from there back in your day but yeah, Ms. Mcarthy was still there, do you remember Doc? Mr. Schiliro? he passed away about 2 yrs ago... what a shame, I loved that guy... Mr. Giannuzzi became Principal... did you hear his son commited suicide? alot of crazy things happened since you left
Oh man, Doc is gone and Gianuuzi's son comited suicide. That's sad to hear How old was Gianuzzi's son?
Man When I was there a classmate past away in a car accident in another student's car who survived, sad.

But that MCarthy! I got nothing but nice things to say about her,did she ever find anyone to marry her? I was late so many times on the 8AM 1st class I went one past the limit, Gianuzzi said "ok" but MCarthy said no, you fail.
This was senior year, I couldn't go to graduation!! Went to summer school and when I finished, I had to pickup my diploma from the new principle; Ms. MCarthy. And I 'll never ever forget the way she looked at me and said "well you finally did it, here you go" . But it was the smirk she had that pisses me off

Later.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:21 AM
Suzuka Master

we'll be out there again this saturday so if anyone wants to join in on the fun...im or pm me...and i'll give u my number to call..
Old 11-01-2001, 06:33 PM
Instructor

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...&threadid=8012