Questions about: Scratch removal, Mod parts, and Waxes???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions about: Scratch removal, Mod parts, and Waxes???

One, my dealer scratched up my car fairly well leaving swirl marks all over the NBP finish. What can be done to remove or what can be used to remove swirl marks without creating a further issue and leaving me with a deep shine again?

Two, what is the latest news on the release of the RES and MM2 mod parts for our cars? I know this gets asked alot but have not seen anything about this issue on the board for some time.

Three, I am thinking of getting Zaino for my car. What steps does everyone usually get and who is the most reasonable to buy it from? I ask because they have so many steps I just cannot see getting all of them for a Black TL-S what do you recommend? I already have a Clay Bar.

I thank you in advance for your help with these questions.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Questions about: Scratch removal, Mod parts, and Waxes???

Originally posted by TedV
One, my dealer scratched up my car fairly well leaving swirl marks all over the NBP finish. What can be done to remove or what can be used to remove swirl marks without creating a further issue and leaving me with a deep shine again?

Two, what is the latest news on the release of the RES and MM2 mod parts for our cars? I know this gets asked alot but have not seen anything about this issue on the board for some time.

Three, I am thinking of getting Zaino for my car. What steps does everyone usually get and who is the most reasonable to buy it from? I ask because they have so many steps I just cannot see getting all of them for a Black TL-S what do you recommend? I already have a Clay Bar.

I thank you in advance for your help with these questions.
1) Swirl Marks.... 3M Swirl Mark Remover or see #3

2) RES will probably be out between now and mid-summer, I haven't heard anything about the MM2 in a while, so probably after the RES

3) Well, unless you can get Zaino from a distributor, which there aren't many, just go to www.zainobros.com and order it direct. If you already have a clay-bar kit, order the Z1, Z2, and Z5. You should probably also get the Z6 and Car Wash too, but those are optional. The Z5 will help with swirl marks too, but I know people who use Z5 use the 3M Swirl Mark Remover also to get rid of the swirlies....
Old 04-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Instructor

I am anxious to hear about the RES mod as well. Rumor was 1st week of April but but now mid-summer?? Not even sure what the MM2 mod is so if anybody cares to share I would appreciate
Old 04-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Frohlich
I am anxious to hear about the RES mod as well. Rumor was 1st week of April but but now mid-summer?? Not even sure what the MM2 mod is so if anybody cares to share I would appreciate
Well, the date on the RES has been changed so many times... I too heard April, but I also had summer, I should change it to between now and summer!

The MM2 is some type of ECU piggy-back mod which produces closes to what the RES does and is cheaper. Last I heard it was still in testing and they were also dynoing it to see if the RES and MM2 produced cumulative gains when combined, etc.....
Old 04-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

ditto Juniorbeans post.

If you go with Zaino, get the z-5 swirl filler as well, it will help fill in any remaining light swirl marks. Do the 3M first, I tried just going with the z5 and it didn't get rid of the deeper swirls, I am going to go back with 3M once the weather gets nice again.