Question about Comptech Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Question about Comptech Springs

Does anyone know how much Comptech Springs are?? Install and all. If so does anyone know a local place in Brooklyn that does great work.. Preferred in Bay Ridge area

Are they worth it?? How's the ride any difference?

------------------
99"Navi-Heather Mist with PIAA 1000 Platnium Series,Pioneer 12Disc,Soon to Come Body Kits, Inspire Tails and Navi/Video Screen..Hopefully$$$

Old 03-24-2001, 09:04 PM

THE SPRINGS ARE VERY GOOD, THEY ARE PROBABLY THE CLOSEST TO THE STOCK RIDE, ALTHOUGH THEY ONLY GIVE YOU A 1.3" DROP MAYBE 1.5" WITH THE SETTLE.

THEY SHOULD RUN ABOUT $200-300 AND ANOTHER $200 FOR THE INSTALL.

Old 03-24-2001, 09:11 PM
Drifting

Springs cost $296.96, but you have to buy them here and show your support for this site.

They don't hurt the ride much at all, the bumps are a little more noticable, but the overall ride feels better due to better handling. Oh, and the car looks MUCH better dropped!

I would recommend getting the sway bars and installing them at the same time, you'll save money by doing it at the same time and the handling is greatly improved. (but again, you gotta buy them here.

------------------
Jason
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Comptech Headers & Exhaust
Comptech Springs & Sways
Comptech Air Filter
Factory Spoiler & CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
35% Tint, Tinted Rear Plate Cover
Removed Acura & 3.2TL Badging From Trunk
Removed Front Plate Holder
Old 03-25-2001, 01:24 AM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by Mstyle:
Does anyone know how much Comptech Springs are?? Install and all. If so does anyone know a local place in Brooklyn that does great work.. Preferred in Bay Ridge area

Are they worth it?? How's the ride any difference?

there is a great shop in brooklyn on the corner of neptune ave. and cropsey ave. called atlantic auto, they do great work and dont charge through the teeth... i did mine there for the TL, and i just had mine done for the TL-S at Park Ave. Acura in NJ and they also do great work, washed and vaccumed my car too =) but it cost me $75 more at acura, but that gets me a warranty without any question because they backup all the work they do with comptech materials...

------------------
'02 Nighthawk TL-S
------------------
Comptech Springs
-------------
Alpine CVA-1005 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine NVE-N851A Navi / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-6 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL and Fun/Crazy Pics
Old 03-25-2001, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
...Or you can do it yourself......
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-25-2001, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
...Or you can do it yourself......
Ed

I don't recommend this. I did mine this past weekend at my friends garage and without the lift and all the correct tools and know how you will definatley mess up your ride. I don't consider myself and expert, but by no means a newbie when it comes to mechanics, but i say get the professonally installed by someone. You have to break down the front springs to swap them with the comptechs and if done wrong it could be deadly...that spring can take off your head and land 4 blocks from your location Seriously...the install shoudl only cost you about 2 bills.

I will share a little info about the install. Th fronts are pretty easy to do, and the rears are even easier once they are out, but to do so you have to remove the rear seats to get to the bolts (u can remove the backdash, but its not necessary). Just my .02
Old 03-25-2001, 02:52 PM
Jens

MSTYLE Although we are not exactly local to you we do all Comptech installs at Park Ave Acura.WWW.PARKAVEMOTORS.COM our website has a link to current pricing etc.We can provide you with a loaner vehicle while your car is in for service and yes we will wash and vacuum the car.We also align every vehicle after it has been lowered as the suspension settings will be quite out of spec after the drop is done.If you have any specific concerns or questions feel free to call us at (201)587-0029 or e-mail us.Jens
Old 03-25-2001, 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey Jens...How much for Comptech Springs and Sway bars Intsalled...and how long to install can I wait for them???

Mark

------------------
99"Navi-Heather Mist with PIAA 1000 Platnium Series,Pioneer 12Disc,Soon to Come Body Kits, Inspire Tails and Navi/Video Screen..Hopefully$$$

Old 03-25-2001, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Mstyle:
Hey Jens...How much for Comptech Springs and Sway bars Intsalled...and how long to install can I wait for them???

Mark

springs installed should run ya about $200 and it will prolly take 3hours on the average for professional installation
Old 03-26-2001, 08:50 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check our prices here... www.parkaveacura.com

Just click the comptech link on the left side.

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura