is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2000, 08:54 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is this possible?

i really want to disconnect my front lights... the orange ones... i want them on only w/the blinker like on the LS... is this possible?
i cleared em out somewhat... and i put in the hyper white bulbs or whatever, but i still like it better w/just my HIDs on and the side ones just blinking...
can the TL's be wired up to do this? anyone try?
Old 12-05-2000, 09:57 PM
Pro

Tommy, Unless I'm reading my wiring diagram incorrectly, there should be two bulb elements in that yellow light. three wires should go to it, a black (ground), a red/black stripe (on when headlights come on) and a green/blue strip (left) and Green/yellow stripe (right).

Disconnecting the Red/blk strip wire should disconnect the yellow lite which stays on when parking lights and head lights are lit.

I did not get a chance to take the assembly apart to confirm, but maybe someone else has...anyone?

One thing...if you do disconnect this light, there will be no front parking light at all so others may not see you if you just need topark and talk on the cell phone or someting at night. you'll need to leave the headlights no then for that. (i know, obvious huh...)

Le me know if it works.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL
Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17 mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs
Inspire Tailights
20/30/40 tint

Y2k Honda S2k Roadster
- no mods ...yet!
Old 12-05-2000, 10:38 PM
Pro

how do i make a kill switch for all rear lights?
Old 12-05-2000, 10:48 PM
Pro

rice, there should be a red/blk wire running all the way back to the tail lights. if you want to kill ALL the tail lights, you can probably find that wire under the dash coming off the tail light relay. Problem is you'd kill the parking lights too in frt if you catch it there.
I think you can find it running back under the driver door trim. wire should still be red w/ blk stripe
>disclaimer< this is informative only and does not mean i recommend this procedure.

I do not have a harness diagram so I do not have the specifics, but with a meter you can find the correct wire now that you know what colors to look for. these should be valid on 99-01. pls let me know if its not right.
Old 12-05-2000, 11:25 PM
Safety Car

Trying to figure out what the use for that would be Rice... make it harder for a cop to hit you with a detector after you pass him at 135?
Old 12-05-2000, 11:53 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Nate:
Trying to figure out what the use for that would be Rice... make it harder for a cop to hit you with a detector after you pass him at 135?
Best way to run... become invisible (sorta) at nite.

------------------
Y2K silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18 x 7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo 225/40/18
38% window tint
Valentine 1
Old 12-05-2000, 11:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

for all the rear tails, its probably earier to put a switch for the ground wire. but thats weird

you can do what tommy armani said by finding the power wire to the front parking lights, and tapping it onto the power wire for the rear parking lights

------------------

THE ONLY TL THAT MATTERS
99 Satin Silver TL
Custom Ractive Air Filter, Comptech Swaybars, PIAA 1500 XT, Alpine V12 pushing Diamond Audio M3 Components, Alpine V12 pushing Boston Accoustics 10' w/box, Alpine CD Changer, Remote Starter, Hands Free Startac Kit, 35% charcoal tint, tweaked grill, silver painted calipers, foot well lights!, OEM wood gauge clusters, rear splash gaurds, block heater.
Old 12-05-2000, 11:55 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I like Rice's idea. Hehe
Old 12-06-2000, 12:04 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by Nate:
My friend did that do this teg. He called that pursuit mode .

bf
Old 12-06-2000, 12:59 AM
Pro

yu888...
thanks buddy...
i'll try it.
so you say only red/black stripe wires...disconnect those???????
where are they located exactly?
hey bro. if lexus doesn't need em on, why should i right? lol
i very rare stop to just talk on my cellphone and will need those lights, and incase it does happen, i'll just leave the regular lights on like i was driving... safer anwaywas.
do you pull over to talk on your cellphone lol
i'm just joking buddy,
thanks for the tip
btw...where are they located again??? i know i asked already, i just wanna find em for sure
Old 12-06-2000, 01:27 AM
Pro

Cool

Tommy, you can probably find those wires right at the light socket. I'd cut the wire and then crimp on a male bullet plug on the light side of the wire and a female bullet plug receptor on the side that goes to the switch. that way, you can plug it right back in if you change your mind, and if you don't, the female plug receptor is shielded from shorting anything out. Covering that with a piece of elec tape would be an added safety. Hope that helps.
No stopping for me to make calls etc...thats what my headset is for.
Old 12-06-2000, 01:32 AM
Pro

MrTL-putting a switch on the grounds would be easier, but it would be in back by the tails. I was assuming that Rice was looking to have a switch easily accessible for the driver to select the "stealth running" mode. Hey, I know what the potential use of such a switch is =). I just personally don't recommend using such a thing...I mean why would ANY TL driver need to out run any one running dark?
Old 12-06-2000, 01:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by yu888:
MrTL-putting a switch on the grounds would be easier, but it would be in back by the tails. I was assuming that Rice was looking to have a switch easily accessible for the driver to select the "stealth running" mode. Hey, I know what the potential use of such a switch is =). I just personally don't recommend using such a thing...I mean why would ANY TL driver need to out run any one running dark?
oh yeah. i was implying to run the wires to the front dash