Park Acura Akron, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Acura Akron, Ohio

Hello all, I am hopefully going to be a owner of a 03' TL. I am lemon Lawing a Land Rover for the second time, I really dislike my Land Rover Dealer. So I am wanting to find out any experiences you might have with Park Acura. I really need a good reputable dealer who is great at customer service. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
They reneged on an Internet-brokered deal when I was shopping for my TL. As soon as they saw my trade-in, which was in excellent shape, they gave me a ridiculously low price for it, and at my first complaint showed me the door. They are slime. Go to Motorcars Acura in Bedford instead, they will treat you as if you are actually buying a luxury automobile. It will be worth the drive.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Maybe I am spoiled by LR, but do they..

have a valet service where they bring a loaner to your house for warranty work breakdowns? Do they supply loaners for breakdowns during warranty period?
Old 03-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

I don't think they have a valet service as you describe. They do pay for a rental for warranty repairs, though.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Oh, and I forgot to mention...this is the first time I have ever felt comfortable with a service department. My car is dealer-serviced and they seem to do a good job--at least as far as this non-car guy can tell.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Just wanted to get this back to the top, hoping someone who has been to this dealer can pass on some non sales opinions.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

I dealt with Park about 4 months ago when I bought my TL-S. You should work with Mike Kroeger. I believe that's how you spell the last name (I don't have his business card on me). He was about 1 month new and I closed the deal in about 10 minutes time with some info from Edmunds.com at the price I wanted. All the other guys drooled to much when we walked in the door. Service department isn't to bad. They have a couple younger guys that have left such things as oil residue on the steering wheel and arm rest though, so watch em!! Let me know if you want any more info.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Have you needed anything special from them? and did you get it? I have had the worst service ever at Land Rover of Akron. Customer service means as much to me as the price right now. Mike was helping us untill the internet manager I emailed all of a sudden came available. Mike got a nasty look (like how dare you take them from me). If Mike hadnt helped us we would have been waiting 1/2 hour for atest drive.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Personally I used the internet manager for a hard qoute and make it easier with an inperson dealing. I know many of people in the dealer industry that say basically they are trained to take you for all your worth (if you are ignorant enough to let them). Work with who you feel comfortable with, you have no commitment to them. Mike is new, but he also seems to be a nice guy, almost untainted from the other guys there and my wife and myself felt less stressed with him.

It was pretty easy for me. I did all the research before hand, had a plan and worked with him. I cannot say how I feel about the other guys, since I never really dealt with them. I never really asked for anything special or different either, the only thing that happened was a week after the sale, when I brought it back after they scratched the door running it throught the wash. They buffed it out no questions asked.

I like to find a person I'm comfortable with, not the dealer and stick with em for as long as he works with me. I won't get attached to the dealer as a whole though.