One problem after another/Acura Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry One problem after another/Acura Dealers

A few weeks ago, I posted that my Sequential shift light and the mileage leds were going off and on . So, I took it in to the acura dealership, the checked it out and said that the needed to change the whole gauge circuit board. Everything was covered under warranty. But I'd have to wait a week for the part.

I get it back late yesterday, and sure enough the problems were fixed. But a whole new set of problems resulted from the service: the top of the Steering has minor scratch marks and the clock light is now out & the low on fuel light is not lighting up where it normally does. The technician also cracked the clear plastic which they have on order now for replacement.

And the most jacked up thing going on now is the fricken RPM and Speedometers are sticking. The speedometer is sticking the highest speed until I come to a complete stop and then accelerate again. If I tap above the speedometer when I'm stoped it drops down to 0.

Anybody know what might be causing this?
I'm really worried about telling them about it, who knows what else they might mess up.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:21 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Id go to the dealer and yell at 'em!!!

I would have them repair/replace everything THEY ****ed up and no way i would pay them for that.

oh and i would never go there again if possible.

dumbass mecanics dont even know how to treat a car and cant fix ****.

@cUr@-TL
Old 03-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Banned

Re: One problem after another/Acura Dealers

Originally posted by Aki's TL
And the most jacked up thing going on now is the fricken RPM and Speedometers are sticking. The speedometer is sticking the highest speed until I come to a complete stop and then accelerate again. If I tap above the speedometer when I'm stoped it drops down to 0.
Sounds like they had to take out the entire gauge cluster to replace the odometer module and when they do they have to take the needles off to get the gauges out. Something didn't get put back right and now it sounds like the needle is hitting the surface of the gauges in certain places and sticking. Definitely have the dealer fix that too when they replace the front plastic piece.

And from the sounds of it, since you came out with more problems than you went in with, that would be my last to trip to that dealer......
Old 03-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Cruisin'

at least we can spell "mechanic"

but sorry to hear about your bad experience. i would tell them when you take it back for the lens, otherwise they will blame you for the problems later down the road.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Racer

I'm from San Jose too. What dealership you take it to? I've always taken mine to Los Gatos Acura. Never really had problems there. I hear that Pleasanton Acura is good too. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Instructor

ymckoon,

I go to Sunnyvale Acura, its about a half mile from where I work.

I took off the dash panel and gauge circuit board today - took about 20 minutes. Easy to do, but got to be careful with the clear plastic; it is softer the the other plastic parts. Looks like the mechanic was rushing to take it off - that's why he cracked it.

BTW. I'm going to give them another chance.... Although I think its bull**** that they replaced the gauge circuit board with a new one - the S-shift indicator light and mileage/outside temp leds are out again... along with the jacked up speedometer and dead clock light. I wonder if the mechanic drop the board?

This time though I'm gonna tell them I'm losing confidence with their mechanic's work and if the service guy can hook me up with the most experienced mechanic.

If they F@CK it up again I'll will be pissed! Thanks!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:10 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally posted by prlcivic
at least we can spell "mechanic"

I am from Quebec, I speak french, not english (even tho id love to), so i may, from time to time, make mistakes

@cUr@-TL
Old 03-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Ack. Sunnyvale Acura has been one of the most dissappointing dealers ever. I wouldn't go back...
Old 03-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Advanced

@cUr@-TL, hows the service out in Quebec.
Where do you get your TL looked at.
I am from Montreal and I am trying to find an experienced professional service department.....any references?

Thx
Old 04-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Intermediate

Beware of both dealerships, Sunnyvale and Los Gatos, they are owned by the same person, Ted Stevens. If you have a problem you will get no backing from the owner, his office will not even return your call. Good luck, but if I were you I would find a new place to get the work done after you get them to fix what they have already screwed up.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:38 PM
Racer

when you get the car back, I'd have somebody pace you on the freeway to make sure your speedometer is calibrated. If they pull the needles and don't set them back to the same place, you could be driving a diffreent speed then what the speedometer is telling you.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:06 AM
Instructor

Thx! I'll do that.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sunnyvale acura, have a bunch of idiots there. god i cant believe they have such service there. its a joke.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to Pleasanton, get a loaner, get it done right. Pricey, but good.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:46 AM
Instructor

All done.
After two days waiting for parts, I got the car back today -
And I got to give them credit for getting it done right this time - everything works. Everything was fixed under warranty and the loaner was no charge - of course. (Boy, did it feel weird riding high in a stock TL. And wow those Bose speakers )

I have to say I have been going to them for three years now. And never had a problem. They are always extra nice. I don't know if it's because I work 2 minutes away from them or because they see my timely service history. Plus they have this cute chick :licka: greeting you when you get to the service area.

Nevertheless, after reading Darkshear's recent threads -
I think it is okay this time to give those folks at Sunnyvale some credit.
Thanks to all NorCal TL'rs for your feedback - on the local dealerships.