Okay, i've learned my lesson, no more racing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 02:43 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Okay, i've learned my lesson, no more racing.

I was cruzing alone in my TL down the 210 east (5 lane freeway), traffic was light, and then comes a 93-96 prelude, trying to race me. i cant afford to get another ticket or my license will be suspended so i just ignored him, he took off. 3 min later i caught up due to traffic,i guess once he saw me he was embarassed so he took off again, FAST, i was going about 75 and he must have been at least 95 or somehting. he switched to the right most lane but there was some merging going on in front of him from the on ramp, so he slamed on the breaks and his car started hoping left to right, and then he did a 180+ degree across all four lanes into the lane before the car pool with his right headlights facing my direction , and he must have been the luckist son of a B####, with all that traffic no one ran into him :wow: , he was actually able to turn arund and keep going.... The stupidist thing is that he turn around and went even faster , 1 min later i coudlnt even see his tail lights while cruzin at 65.

really guys, some innocent lives could have been lost, because of this guys stupid actions. I konw nothing i say will change anyone's mind on speeding, but just keep in mind, if you want to go fast, theres always the track....

peace.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:08 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEN TO THAT!

Not worth the risks, just think of the consequences...
Old 05-08-2002, 03:10 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

daaamN! after all that....and that SOB still speeds off?!

BTW...I noticed your from San Gabriel, what year/color TL you got...and what mods? I noticed a few TL's i've never seen before around here. fill us in on the 411..how come you never come to the meets?!
Old 05-08-2002, 03:30 AM
Racer

i got a stock 2001 silver Tl with a big aZZ dent on the driver side rear door all the way to rear fender, which is pretty much why i dont go to the meets(I"M NOT WORTHY!!! ) i did go to one meet, but that was sooo long ago, down at irvine, i remember we met up at spectrum and went to "the hat" for lunch, and that was it.
Old 05-08-2002, 04:28 AM
Instructor

Re: Okay, i've learned my lesson, no more racing.

Originally posted by Ghost31711
I was cruzing alone in my TL down the 210 east (5 lane freeway), traffic was light, and then comes a 93-96 prelude, trying to race me. i cant afford to get another ticket or my license will be suspended so i just ignored him, he took off. 3 min later i caught up due to traffic,i guess once he saw me he was embarassed so he took off again, FAST, i was going about 75 and he must have been at least 95 or somehting. he switched to the right most lane but there was some merging going on in front of him from the on ramp, so he slamed on the breaks and his car started hoping left to right, and then he did a 180+ degree across all four lanes into the lane before the car pool with his right headlights facing my direction , and he must have been the luckist son of a B####, with all that traffic no one ran into him :wow: , he was actually able to turn arund and keep going.... The stupidist thing is that he turn around and went even faster , 1 min later i coudlnt even see his tail lights while cruzin at 65.

really guys, some innocent lives could have been lost, because of this guys stupid actions. I konw nothing i say will change anyone's mind on speeding, but just keep in mind, if you want to go fast, theres always the track....

peace.

thas cali for you bro
Old 05-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Okay, i've learned my lesson, no more racing.

Originally posted by Ghost31711

peace.
yup i'm with u boa, no more speeding or racin for me..
Old 05-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Instructor

bull

If you have been a constant racer you will still be tempted to race, untill an event that directly effects you. No, story will change your mind.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:33 PM
Racer

That guy is lucky and stupid.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

dumb ****....glad that he didn't hurt anyone...too bad he didn't hurt himself though. Maybe THAT would have taught him a lesson.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

talking about dumb,,,,,,,,did anyone see the 180 video ??
Old 05-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
talking about dumb,,,,,,,,did anyone see the 180 video ??
Hey that was in a parking lot and it was done on purpose, no one around me :p
Old 05-10-2002, 01:04 AM

Thumbs up

Hey were you using nitrous when you did that 180???
It was done in a controlled area
Cmon its his car he can do what he wants... dont need no haters yapping their judgements about what you should and shouldnt do with your own car ( probably still under warranty ) KEEP THE NEGATIVITY TO YOURSELF!

Btw, Nice car! Nice Video!
Old 05-10-2002, 01:12 AM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by Edr0e
Cmon its his car he can do what he wants... dont need no haters yapping their judgements about what you should and shouldnt do with your own car ( probably still under warranty ) KEEP THE NEGATIVITY TO YOURSELF!

No nitrous.....the car just seems very fast because of the video (frames per second). No is not under warranty.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:22 AM

I agree after all the sh*t ive been thru, racing is not worth it. Ive witnessed a few crazy fatal accidents involving racing and its pretty sad to see so many people dying... mostly passengers and onlookers... I ve had my car impounded for 30 days just for driving by the races on the way home... Its so out of hand
Old 05-10-2002, 08:03 PM
Censored User

Location: Miami - just one day, I would like to drive without getting cut off!
I agree about the racing. Its getting more and more dangerous, especially here in Honolulu. We've only got 3 lanes in town on the freeway. I just can't see racing thru all that traffic. I think the older I get the less I wan't to race. I ain't saying I don't speed but I feel like more of an ass everytime I start to take out one of those jackasses with loud mufflers. Those guys should at least wait until the middle of the night when the roads are empty, if they can't make it to the track.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Racer

Totally agree. I did race a lot when I was in my teens, but as I get older, the more I realize how stupid and immature this whole thing is.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:35 PM
DHB
Instructor

Originally posted by Edr0e

This point is valid but ONLY if there is no chance that no one else could get hurt. No one has a right to drive reckless on public roads endangering the lives of others....period. If that makes me judgemental then just call me THE JUDGE!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Racer

A racer is always a racer at heart.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:42 PM

I once raced this guy he ended up fishtailing and slamming his gsr into a tree...

I definetly pulled over to help him out of his car, he was pretty bloody because his mirror smacked him in the face

I ended up giving the guy a ride to somewhere safe where he wasnt in any trouble with the law... Then I went back and told all the racers " Free Rims Free GSR parts!!!" and you should have seen how many people jumped in their cars! I saw the guy a few weeks later and he said insurance took care of everything ( Since all his parts were stolen )

Safety comes first no doubT!
I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN LEARN A LITTLE LESSON FROM THIS STORY
Old 05-12-2002, 04:48 AM
Pro

You wish that people would learn from these stories, but the sad truth is that a lot of peeps don't, especially the younger ones. On the way home (2am in Richmond, BC) I see this 300ZX and Eagle Talon (not sure if turbo), we were all on opposite intersections turning onto the same street. The Talon looked like it wanted to go (it was looked all tricked out, including the big wing) but it didn't. We headed towards Oak St. bridge, I was cruising up front followed by the Z then the Talon. Right after we got onto the bridge I could see a Mustang GT approaching really quickly. It passed me, then the Z and a CLS that was behind us pulled out and followed. There was road work being done on the bridge that night and the pilons were visible from a distance. As soon as the Stang saw it, he pulled in infront of me, as did the Z, but the idiotic CLS driver decides that he's gonna kick everyone's ass and cut-in further ahead. He almost took out a pilon, you could here at least one car honking! I don't know what he was trying to prove?!?!?!?!? It certainly doesn't prove that his car is faster, or that he's a better driver! After all the street driving deaths lately in Vancouver you would think that people would slow down. He's lucky that a) his car didn't get impounded b) his licence didnt' get suspended c) he didn't get into a car accident d) he didn't get himself killed e)*more importantly, he didn't kill any innocent people!!! To that CL driver, SLOW DOWN!!!
Old 05-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Advanced

Some people are just too imature to be driving. They should raise the penalty for speeding Maybe that'll teach'm once they get busted.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Instructor

a good racer knows when to race and when not to... and he also knows his limits and knows when to stop

why fix up cars? to go to tracks? just to show off? do you think you can fix up your car and not have anyone try to race you? before you criticize these street racers (eventhough the majority of them these days are posers) look at your car and see what you are doing... people sure don't like gangs and gangbangin but they sure like to dress like one and pose like one
Old 05-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Racer

are you refering to me? if so, FYI my car is pure stock in appearence and the only mod is the stereo system which is for my personal enjoyment, not to show off (its pretty lame seeing a stock TL bumping all hard and stuff) :yack:

ohh and a real racer would know that "he dosent know for certain that he wont endanger other people's lives" a real racer would know well enough that anything could happen and anthing could pop out in the middle of nowhere, and its not impossible that ANYTHING can go wrong in his/her car, and a real racer would also know that the other driver would probably do something stupid to endanger other people, therefore a real racer would probably not race on the street.

so other people trying to race you if yu have a fixed up car is your fault? thats like saying a child who gets raped by a child molester is at fault cas he/she looked liek a child? so the child must take part of the resposibility and blame him/her self?:wow:
Old 05-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Instructor

ok bro i wasn't talkin directly at YOU so if i have offended you in anyway, i am truly sorry... i dun come on this board to talk shmack on other people's rides or anything of that sort... if you are bone stock with just some subs, thas fine by me.. i was talkin to other people who fix up there cars like racers and cry when a real racer comes to them and tries to race them... you think it's pretty lame when people bump music from stock TL speakers right? well there are people out there who thinks it's lame to have all show, all looks and no go... lemme tell you... racers try to race racers... makes sense right? and number one sign of these so called "racers" are if the car is fixed up or not... so if your car is fixed up, of course you are going to have people trying to race you... NO doubt about that... and the thing about child molesting thing... i dunno when you got that kind of idea but that is not something i agree with..
Old 05-13-2002, 01:02 AM
Racer

ohh i see where your coming form, replace all the "racer with "ricer' and i'd 100% agree with you

IMO a racer would not race on the street, nor would he be temped to race because he sees a fixed up car, those are ricer or even non ricer at a younger age, or even some of us TL drivers , but not racers.