OEM Replacment Muffler Bosal??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OEM Replacment Muffler Bosal??

Hey guys I own a 03 TL-S, Both of my mufflers have started to develop holes in them on the top half, my driver's side muffler has a hole so big on top that I can put my fist into the muffler. The sound that these mufflers give out are horrible there is constant droning all the time! My engine feels sluggish and also is very LOUD! I also have a leak in the Flex pipe. I guess that's what happens when you live up north where TONS of salt are thrown on the road. Mind you the mufflers are the OEM original. My mechanic told me that I would need to replace both mufflers and the shop can custom fabricate me a flex pipe for 100$.

Now I've been looking at OEM replacement mufflers. I'm not into G35 exhaust style so plz dont suggest me Tsudo's, Maganaflows ect..lol I just want my car to sound how it used to sound like. OEM Honda mufflers are really expensive dealer wanted 400 each! So I went to autozone and they had some OEM replacement ones they had BOSAL Mufflers for 113$ each side. They rep assured me these are OEM supplied mufflers to some manufactures and carry a lifetime warranty against corrosion. I really dont know much about mufflers since this is the first time I have to replace one. I know mufflers are not such a talked about subject on this forum since TL mufflers are pretty heavy duty and last the lifetime of the car, But if anyone knows how is the BOSAL brand of mufflers?

Also another thing I noticed on these Bosal's is that the muffler is ALL silver where as mine has a black coating on the face of it. I kinda like the black since the mufflers blend into the subframe but this is only an aesthetic difference. I was also told to replace my exhaust gaskets and washers!

Just wanted someone to point me into the right direction and tell me what I need to get my car back running smoothly!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
That confuses me too. Can someone explain why some mufflers are black, while others aren't?

Also, I don't think you'll have a problem with the quality of those mufflers. If you aren't particular about the sound, you most likely won't have any complaints. With a lifetime warranty, there's not too much to worry about.

You could also check the BM for used OEM mufflers. I'll probably hand mine out for free whenever the ATLP batch gets made.