Non UR pulley installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:00 AM
i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTl203
There are tons of generic parts vendors coming up all over, b4 i bought my pulley i emailed a buyer on ebay that bought one from the guy i bought mine from, he had it in his WRX said it was great so i bought it and so far so good. I notice the low end gains and the engines running fine its been over a month on my car. Just because you have a premium name like comptech or UR, it doesnt mean its the best choice, as u can see comptech parts have had their share of problems too, UR is reputable but that could be b/c untill now they havent had much competition. If you feel like taking the risk on the cheap parts becareful and just check the vendors reputation. If you rather pay 4 times the price for the same part b/c you think its bullet proof, then thats another option.
hey, jus diggin up this thread to wonder how that pulley is workin for ya. Im thinking of getting a Megan crank pulley..

also wondering if 98-02 Accord V6 Pulleys fit Tl's as well
Old 12-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro

Think about it for a second, All megan is doing is using the exact design Unorthodox is... I can understand the materials and how the hypotheticly are made may be different, but saving X number of dollars may be in some peoples best interests. I personally made the expensive investment and went with Unorthodox, but that was before anyone had tested the Megan pullies. If they turn out to be a decent make then saving 3/4 of the money that I had spent to get equality sounds great to me... Hence why I purchased the Alphawerks Headers from Excelerate... (shameless plug)
Old 12-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Unorthodox Racing makes 2 different versions of their pulley sets. There is their Ultra SS pulley set which underdrives the system and which, according to UR, is good up to about 600W of stereo components. UR said that as long as you are not running under 12 volts you are not losing power. Yes, it is possible that your lights may dim when the bass hits but if you are not under 12 volts then you will be fine. Also, a cap or an Optima battery will help offset the voltage usage of a stereo. There is also the Ultra SSc Series which is also called the 12 volt series. It does not underdrive the system but makes the power via weigh reductions.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Yeah, thanks for the PM about that, Josh.

I just upgraded to Optima Yellow Top, and my amp is rated at 500 watts with a 1-farad RF capacitor, I think I will be fine with the SS pulley set. I'm running constant 14.0-14.2 volts according to the V-AFC II, so even if the pulley set drops it down a bit, it'll be fine. My lights don't dim at all when the bass hits the way it is set up right now..
Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Instructor

it would be interesting if there was a way to test how balanced these pullies are when rotating, that would be a decent test of which ones are quality, of course each batch is probably different so even then it would not be a great indicator