NOn-TL's super charger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOn-TL's super charger?

anyone know where i can find super chargers for the 2003 TL?
any good pricing and good installation place in Los Angeles CA?

Help!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:30 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

the comptech supercharger made for the AV6 will fit a TL-P with minoir modifications. just try to find a reputable shop who sell/install comptech products.

@cUr@-TL
Old 06-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
the comptech supercharger made for the AV6 will fit a TL-P with minoir modifications. just try to find a reputable shop who sell/install comptech products.

@cUr@-TL
i am sorry, i am new to this! what is AV6??? please give me a little more detail.
thank you!

Old 06-26-2004, 03:19 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
accort V6 buddy...the S/C for the '99 av6 works with minos mods. Not part mods, just slight bending and stuff like this I wouldnt know, but someone talked about this a while back.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Advanced

If you are looking to make power, you are driving the wrong car!
Old 06-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by Omnislash07
If you are looking to make power, you are driving the wrong car!
the wrong car? if i'm not mistaken the TL is the most powerful car in it's class. :sqnteek:
Old 06-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by badazzTL
the wrong car? if i'm not mistaken the TL is the most powerful car in it's class. :sqnteek:
No matter what mods you do, in the end, you won't make the same amount of *safe, driveable* power if you poured the same amount of money into another car. The TL simply doesn't have as much potential as other cars... transmission, chasis, space in the engine bay (If I'm not mistaken the supercharger requires the use of a smaller battery just to fit!), ETC.

If you want power, pick up a Skyline, a nissan with a SR20DET or RB26DET, LS1, WS6, STi, m3, FD RX-7, etc.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Sell the TL and buy an '03 TL-S. the $$ differennce is $1,400 according to KKB

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&usedcarstab
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by TopGum

That's cool. With all the tranny problems you CONSTANTLY hear about, I'll keep my 99. Besides, what good is the extra power if your shit goes through trannys every 20k miles or less??
Old 06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Peach Tea

No matter what mods you do, in the end, you won't make the same amount of *safe, driveable* power if you poured the same amount of money into another car. The TL simply doesn't have as much potential as other cars... transmission, chasis, space in the engine bay (If I'm not mistaken the supercharger requires the use of a smaller battery just to fit!), ETC.

If you want power, pick up a Skyline, a nissan with a SR20DET or RB26DET, LS1, WS6, STi, m3, FD RX-7, etc.
what if that's not an option? a skyline? u a ricer? you must think he lives in japan or somethin.

anyways, of course other cars would be better for modifying, but there has to be a reason he chose the tl. plus, not many ppl have hooked up tls, so its fun to create somethin original that noone has seen before. or he could just buy a civic.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Instructor

what if that's not an option? a skyline? u a ricer? you must think he lives in japan or somethin.

anyways, of course other cars would be better for modifying, but there has to be a reason he chose the tl. plus, not many ppl have hooked up tls, so its fun to create somethin original that noone has seen before. or he could just buy a civic.
i bought the car use, and i wish there is TLS that i can choose, but nothing in my budget,
i search HIGH and LOW for the TLS and nothing!!!! :'( :'( :'(

i don't really needed for racing but just nice to know the HP is under the HOOD.

Skyline is very nice, but do you have the fund to afford that car????

i had a G35 coupe, good HP and fun to drive, but you know how much the gas bill
in a month??? $350.00

now i know why they called G - 35!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TopGum

NO dealer will let the TLS go for $1400.00 on top of what i paid.

NOT in CA, i can assure you!

2003TLS USED, last check is same as the Overstock TL pricing which is $26800.00
before TAx and Lic.

way too much!!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Advanced

What a flamer. Dude, just because i suggested Skyline does not mean I'm a ricer. When you learn to type and READ, then come argue with me. He said he wanted a supercharger. Obviously if he wanted a supercharger he was looking for more power. I'm saying that you can't really get much more power out of a TL. SO, I suggested looking towards other cars he could tune. Get a life.

And yes, you can get Skylines here in the US. They are imported by a company called Motorex.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Fallen

If im not mistaken, those are not in the same class with TL.

If someone wanted "SPORTS CAR" out of 50K (CAN) then they would (could) have bought 350Z , RX-8 and on and on.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RevinV12s
If im not mistaken, those are not in the same class with TL.

If someone wanted "SPORTS CAR" out of 50K (CAN) then they would (could) have bought 350Z , RX-8 and on and on.
I'll give you that, but I'm making the point that the TL is the wrong car to be modding if you just want power.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Fallen

Well. That is true. TL is not the best car you can mod. There is not really a many choices between aftermarket parts but... 300 Horses aint bad ya know...
Old 06-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Instructor

I'll give you that, but I'm making the point that the TL is the wrong car to be modding if you just want power.
i bought the car used, and i wish there is TLS that i can choose, but nothing in my budget,
i search HIGH and LOW for the TLS and nothing!!!!

i don't really needed for racing but just nice to know the HP is under the HOOD.

Skyline is very nice, but do you have the fund to afford that car????

i had a G35 coupe, good HP and fun to drive, but you know how much the gas bill
in a month??? $350.00

now i know why they called G - 35!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:13 AM
Advanced

Guavawang, look into the 3.5L conversion. It won't add much hp but it will boost your torque curve significantly. You will feel it on the butt dyno. =) Do a search and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Intermediate

no well i shold said da 2 genaration was a best in da class
but now not anymore.
cuz now day many car can kick TL's ass easily
and for da super charger i dont think TL shold have that
cuz its a FF car.....think about how BAD is da traction gonna be when u speed up.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Peach Tea

What a flamer. Dude, just because i suggested Skyline does not mean I'm a ricer. When you learn to type and READ, then come argue with me. He said he wanted a supercharger. Obviously if he wanted a supercharger he was looking for more power. I'm saying that you can't really get much more power out of a TL. SO, I suggested looking towards other cars he could tune. Get a life.

And yes, you can get Skylines here in the US. They are imported by a company called Motorex.
Learn how to type and read? wtf are you talking about noob?
i already explained to ur dumbass that maybe he doesn't want a different car. he even said so himself that he isn't a hardcore fast and furious street racer like urself with ur need for speed underground skylines and shit.
and BTW yes i've heard of motorex and don't you know to import a low model skyline and make it legal and driveable on the street would require way more than the advertised $32K in import tuner magazine.
maybe you should get more posts and become reputable before you start to talk shit. have a nice day. :sqntfawk:
Old 06-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by NVHG
no well i shold said da 2 genaration was a best in da class
but now not anymore.
cuz now day many car can kick TL's ass easily
and for da super charger i dont think TL shold have that
cuz its a FF car.....think about how BAD is da traction gonna be when u speed up.
yea it WAS the best in it's class, but when you compare it to a newer model of course it will fall short because cars are getting better and faster from the factory.
still, the TL still isn't a slow car out of the box. every year the tl is out it is the best car in it's class for that year. thats what i mean to say
Old 06-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Advanced

Learn how to type and read? wtf are you talking about noob?
i already explained to ur dumbass that maybe he doesn't want a different car. he even said so himself that he isn't a hardcore fast and furious street racer like urself with ur need for speed underground skylines and shit.
and BTW yes i've heard of motorex and don't you know to import a low model skyline and make it legal and driveable on the street would require way more than the advertised $32K in import tuner magazine.
maybe you should get more posts and become reputable before you start to talk shit. have a nice day. :sqntfawk:
You are the noob. I'm saying hes pretty much out of luck with getting power from a TL. When you grow up and stop TyPiNg LikE Dis Yo you may understand. Bad azz!!

Skyline is not fast and furious and neither am I. The Skyline is a car that has earned its reputation as one of the best of the best. You have obviously have little respect for cars that are faster than your own and you have no idea what kind of cars are available on the market. In CALFORNIA, there are used Skylines that people have been imported. There are usually a few of these available in classifieds, ebay, etc. and they DO NOT cost 32k. Did I say that he HAS to get a Skyline because it's the ONLY car that can make power? No. I did mention other cars. Go back and read the post again.

Car knowledge is not based on the number of posts on a forum. Grow up. And yes, I will have a nice day, Thanks!

PS. Sorry to hijack your thread Guavawang but this 16 year old needs to be put in his place.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Peach Tea

You are the noob. I'm saying hes pretty much out of luck with getting power from a TL. When you grow up and stop TyPiNg LikE Dis Yo you may understand. Bad azz!!

Skyline is not fast and furious and neither am I. The Skyline is a car that has earned its reputation as one of the best of the best. You have obviously have little respect for cars that are faster than your own and you have no idea what kind of cars are available on the market. In CALFORNIA, there are used Skylines that people have been imported. There are usually a few of these available in classifieds, ebay, etc. and they DO NOT cost 32k. Did I say that he HAS to get a Skyline because it's the ONLY car that can make power? No. I did mention other cars. Go back and read the post again.

Car knowledge is not based on the number of posts on a forum. Grow up. And yes, I will have a nice day, Thanks!

PS. Sorry to hijack your thread Guavawang but this 16 year old needs to be put in his place.
ur such a fucking tool, i won't waste any more of my life talking to a jackass who probably doesn't even own a fucking car.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Advanced

Whatever, you picked the fight first. Just admit when you are wrong and stop being a prick. It's people like you that discourage others from posting.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Banned

Here is Dave's 99 TL-P with AV6 SC. (yeah I swiped the pics from aw.com)

Old 07-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Peach Tea

Whatever, you picked the fight first. Just admit when you are wrong and stop being a prick. It's people like you that discourage others from posting.
ur right im sorry. don't think i'm an asshole.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Still sluggin' it out

ur right im sorry. don't think i'm an asshole.
You guys kissed and made up. Now, that's nice to see. Feel the love... :bigclap:
Old 07-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by Love my 99
You guys kissed and made up. Now, that's nice to see. Feel the love... :bigclap:
yea i've been an asshole for the past 3 months, but now that i quit my job i feel like a new person. it was just too much stress with people stealing my money. hopefully i'll be back to the same ol' corey.

again im sorry to anyone who i was mean to in the past few months, don't take it personally. i've just been having a lot of bad days. :o
-corey
Old 07-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Advanced

Everyone has their off periods.