New Type S soon ! Wheel locks & Tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say go with the wheel locks. They're not very expensive and I believe the peace of mind they give you is well worth the expense. As far as snow tires I also recommend them. I use them on my 99 TL and they seem to help.

------------------
99 Silver TL, Navi, Foglights, Gutter Guard Grill
Old 04-27-2001, 02:07 PM

If you get the wheel locks don't forget to save the key.

Otherwise, you'll not be able to get your tire(s) off in case of a flat.

Use chains in the snow. They track a lot better than bare rubber tires.

Go real slow too cause if you juice it, you'll peel out all over the place.

I like the wheel lock idea though. It's a gem.

Old 04-27-2001, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Cool

They should throw the wheel locks in for free. They did on mine and I will ask for it again. Whenever I buy a new car, I usually go for wheel locks and mats thrown in. Anything else is a bonus . As far as the tires, they should be OK in the snow. I'm not sure about the chain idea though. Read the manual b/c on the CL forum it was discovered that the CL-S cannot be used with chains, and since the CL-S and TL-S are very similar, it may not work for you. Again, read the manual and if necessary, call your dealer.....

------------------
1998 Acura CL 3.0 (Iced Blue) ** Some mods, but who cares,
I want a Type-S... (CL or TL)!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum @ www.acura-cl.com
Old 04-27-2001, 03:54 PM
Pro

Talking

Hope the negotiations go to your advantage! Much success (just don't drink anything the sales folk offer)!
Old 04-27-2001, 03:59 PM
Instructor

My dealer threw in the wheel locks for free. I didn't even ask for them!

------------------
2002 TL-S Aegean blue
Old 04-27-2001, 05:27 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I didn't ask for wheel locks when I worked my deal on the TL-S. Took the car and drove home. Next morning I went out to make sure the tire pressure was OK all around and lo and behold I had wheel locks on my rims. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I wondered why the dealer said nothing and then it dawned on me "where is the locking lug key"? Went ot the trunk, looked on the right side by the jack and it was sitting in the tray under the cover. I wonder if this is an item thrown in by ACURA on the TL-S from the factory.

Does anyone NOT have locking lugs on their TL-S rims? Tell us, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 04-27-2001, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Wheel locks were also on my TL-S with no mention from the dealer. The "key" was in the trunk. Glad I noticed because I wouldn't have known otherwise. But I'm glad I have 'em.
Old 04-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by davest:
Wheel locks were also on my TL-S with no mention from the dealer. The "key" was in the trunk. Glad I noticed because I wouldn't have known otherwise. But I'm glad I have 'em.
Ditto, although I think it was a dealer installed item and not from the factory. When I popped my trunk the package for the wheel locks was in the tray on the left cut open with the normal lugnuts they removed inside.
Also had the cargo net in there as well, not sure if that was a dealer thing or factory thing though.

------------------
Just call me..................Mr Hyde
TL Type-S Moderator

02 Aegean Blue TL Type-S with Navi
Accord Forum Moderator/Honda-Acura.net
96 Sherwood Green Accord EX
Old 04-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Red face

Hmmm, I too had the package the wheel locks came in but not the original lugnuts. Oh well, I guess I don't need them. I believe the cargo net is standard, though I have yet to figure out how to attach it to all the various fasteners to hold something.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:55 PM
Intermediate

Lightbulb New Type S soon ! Wheel locks & Tires ?

Hi Guys ! I'm going to deal on a Type S this weekend for sure ! Black pearl on black or Blue pearl on parchement(?). Just wanted some feedback from you guys: did you put wheel locks on ? And prior to winter are you putting less agressive tires on, i.e. narrower ones or are you staying with stock. Had a RX7 Turbo once with wide VR tires and wheels although it was rear wheel drive the wide stance didn't track through snow very well. Remember, i'm in Canada. Suggestions would be great. Thanks for all the help on "dealing" on earlier posts, was very very helpful although all your prices were in U.S.. Bay.