New transmission for me too!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New transmission for me too!

I originally brought the car in last Friday with a concern of a clanking noise while sharp turns. Also some whinning noises while turning very slowly. Had to wait till last Friday to bring it in since I needed a service loaner. Besides the noises, the car ran fine.

So I took it in and picked up my service loaner, 2007 MDX with 1250 miles on it. Man, was that car ugly. I honesty thought they were giving me a Tribeca since it is an Acura Suburu dealership. The interior of the car is nice though, with all the little extra devices. Thinking that I will get the car back the same day as told by the dealer, I received a call informing me that the CV joint needed to be replace and I won't get the car back till monday.

After the weekend has gone by, I picked up my car that I missed so incredibly much. The MDX sucks in gas like nothing and it felt kind of sluggish. After I picked up my car, I drove to my gf's house which is mainly composed of local streets. Everything seemed fine with no noises and the steering a little bit more responsive. However, on my way home, I took the highway. By the time I get up to 50 MPH, there was this vibration underneath the driver floor. Being unsatisified, I made sure to set the alarm early in the morning to give the dealership a call. After informing the dealership about the vibration, the person told me that it might just be a tire off balance, should take about an hour to fix.

Took the car in and grabbed myself a nice cup of coffee. Sat around for around an hour with nothing to do since their internet service was no service at all. Finally I saw in the corner of my eye a glimpse of my precious baby. The service manager came up to me and said, "I am going to hang on to your car." I simply replied, "what? again?" This time they found a problem with the ball bearing of the 3rd gear in the transmission or something like that. This time, they gave me a TSX instead. The service manager told me that they're going to replace my transmission with a brand new one, what a bunch of crap! Oh well, better than a non working one.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Be glad they give free transmissions and loaners!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:49 PM
IM SLAMMED!!!!!!!!

o man that must suck, whatever at least your geting a brand new tranny lol good luck with that. I happen to think the new MDX is a beast at is a beautiful car.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Intermediate

Yeah, I purchased the extended warrenty. Afterall, my car was used. The funniest thing is that the dealership which I bought my car from, is now closed. Glad I didn't get the extended warranty from them, then I'd really be screwed.

Mike, by no means that the MDX is bad or anything. Just isn't my style, I like the FX better. The tail of the MDX reminds me of the Tribeca. The ride is very smooth and handling was nice for a big car like that. I spent about 50 bucks on gas driving that thing around for about 5 days.