New guy with questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy with questions.

Hello, I just picked up my '02 tl-s. I love the car. Instant addiction to driving. Anyhow, I have a bunch of general questions that I going to list and if anyone has any answers or suggestions I would appriciate them. Thanks for everyones time.

1. My car did not come with floor mats. Im looking for the OEM Acura ones. Is there any trusted websites that would sell these for cheeper than buying them at the dealer? Is there any difference between the regular TL and the S Type floormats?

2. I would like to change my foglight bulbs to better match the HID's. Right now, as many of you know, the stock foglights look brown. What kind should I get? Where should I get them? What kind of bulb fits in the foglights?

3. I receieved two remote entry remotes with the car. Only one works. It looks like the one that dosen't work was never used, so I don't think it was ever programmed. The light goes on when I push the button so I'm pretty sure the battery is good. Any ideia how program these. I heard it has something to do with turning the key on and off in the ignition and pushing some buttons.

4. I love the "Inspire" conversion for TL. Can the wording be ordered through a Honda/Acura dealer, or is this something that has to come from overseas. Is there a part number. I found this thread and it look like honda OEM part.?

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/french-history-warfare-98926/

5. Anyone have any problem with there ashtray/coinholder not shutting tight?

6. I have two bent wheels. . Anyone have any for sale?

I guess thats about it for now. Im sure I'll come across more things I have questions about, the more I drive the car. So then I'll start Volume II.

Also I haven't had a chance to look a the entire site yet, so if there is already a thread going that answers some or all of these questions. Cut and paste the adderess to this thread.

Thanks everyone
Old 10-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Search button will be your friend for all of your questions.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:01 AM
00' WDP BABY!!!

why did u buy a TL-S w/ so many problems? doesnt seem worth it to me. welll... depends on how much u paid for it...
Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Desi Pride

Welcome to the club. To get the INSPIRE lettering for your trunk you can check out www.aj-racing.com. The TL and TL-S do have transmission issues. But, for the most part it is a pretty solid car. Many people have had issues with their transmission, I am one myself. But, I am still keeping the car until 100K easy if not more.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ease up guys...this is his first post.

Check eBay for the floor mats. You can find some OEM mats for cheap.
Sylvania Silverstars are a bit "whiter" but still will not match the intesity of the HID headlights. I say save your money.

Programming remote...
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2 Within 1-4 seconds push the transmitter lock or the unlock button.

3 Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch OFF

4 Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5 Within 1-4 seconds push the transmitter lock or the unlock buttin.

6. Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1-4 seconds push the transmitter lock or the unlock button.

9. Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1-4 seconds turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1-4 seconds push the transmitter lock or the unlock button.

12. Confirm you can hear the sound on the door lock actuators. Within 1-4 seconds, push the transmittor lock or onlock button again.

13. Within 10 sec, aim the transmitters whos codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stores. Make sure you program all transmitters you want working within 10 seconds of each other. Ones not included in this programming will no longer work.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key

15. Confirm proper operation with the new codes.

Coinholder...chances are there a coins behind the holder.
To remove the coin holder.

Remove the center console
Remove the side pieces on the center console (piece that your knee rests against when driving)
Remove the shift knob trim plate (the 1" plastic ring that goes around the shifter control)
Remove the shift knob surround (that is what the ashtray is screwed onto)

Check Blackmarket for wheels. Click here to check it out. You may also want to post a "Wanted" ad.

Welcome to Acurazine....enjoy your stay!

And by the way, all this info was obtained using the search feature.
(not trying to bust ye ballz)
Old 10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey glad u bought a TL

1. The floormats are kinda special on the TL and S they have a circle cut out of them that hooks onto a nob on the floor almost under your drivers and passengers seats. So if you buy generic floormats you wont be able to hook them to the floor so they don't move. Theres no difference between the tl-p and tl-s floormats they both say ACURA.

2. Do a search

3. Read "Lawaia's" post to your questoin

4. Do a search

5. about the "not an ash tray" and coin holder not shutting tight, ur car should still be under warrenty since it's an 02, just have the dealer replace it for you for free, along with any other quarks u come accross.

6. Rims - check the Black Market page theres always a few stragglin oem rims around for sale. Just keep periodically checking.