Neuspeed "race" sways

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004 | 08:13 AM
2003 SSM TLS

Neuspeed "race" sways

Is anyone running the Neuspeed "race" rear sway bar? It is supposidly stiffer than the standard rear bar, but was discontinued about 1.5 years ago. I am looking to find the Neuspeed one or an equivalent one of the same size & stiffness. (Love that oversteer!!)

Here is what I have found available:

ACP - Suspension Techniques: F- 7/8"(22mm) R- 3/4" (19mm)
Comptech: F- 1 1/16" (27mm) R- 7/8" (22mm)
Eibach: F- 1 1/16" (27mm) R- 7/8+" (23mm)
Neuspeed (standard) F- 1 1/16" (27mm) R- 3/4" (19mm)
Neuspeed (race) discontinued: F- 1 1/16" (27mm) R- 1" (25mm)

Let me know if you know of any others that I have overlooked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-03-2004 | 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Be careful. I've read about a few people that has broken end links and mounting brackets because the sways are so stiff.
Old 12-03-2004 | 09:17 AM
2003 SSM TLS

Thanks for the heads up....Maybe I should just go with the Eibach rear bar. It is the thickest I can find for now.

I do like to corner the daylights out of the car, so I'll probably need to reinforce the mounting brackets & end links, although I've had the Neuspeed front sway for over a year without any end link or bracket problems.
Old 12-03-2004 | 11:10 AM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Be careful. I've read about a few people that has broken end links and mounting brackets because the sways are so stiff.
that bar is just too darn stiff for the car. End links/brackets break all the time.

You will be satisfied with the Eibach sways.
Old 12-03-2004 | 12:59 PM
2003 SSM TLS

I just spoke with my friendly neighborhood suspension expert and he indicated that the end link and mount bracket problems were probably caused by potholes and speedbumps and such, and that cornering loads were "steady" and should not cause endlinks and mount brackets to break even under heavy cornering loads.

Guess I'll go with the Eibach since I can't get ahold of the "race" bar anyway.

As always, I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!!!
Old 12-03-2004 | 03:27 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

FYI....the only Neuspeed race sway bar owner I know of (in the TL world) are myself and Austin519.

Of which I'm the only one who breaks the enlink bars/brackets since his tend to be more of a show car than anything.
Old 12-03-2004 | 03:35 PM

FYI....the only Neuspeed race sway bar owner I know of (in the TL world) are myself and Austin519.

Of which I'm the only one who breaks the enlink bars/brackets since his tend to be more of a show car than anything.

Originally Posted by 69ssrscam
Thanks for the heads up....Maybe I should just go with the Eibach rear bar. It is the thickest I can find for now.

I do like to corner the daylights out of the car, so I'll probably need to reinforce the mounting brackets & end links, although I've had the Neuspeed front sway for over a year without any end link or bracket problems.
Agreed...I have never broken a front endlink rod within the 2.5 years of owning both the front and rear neuspeed race sway.

Also keep in mind that there are some CLS owners who's broken endlink rods using the COMPTECH rear sway. Broken brackets/endlink rods are mostly caused by extreme shocks on the road.

To date, I've broken a total of 4 brackets and 3 endlink rods.

1st event (130mph spinout)...rear end accident = bracket + rod
2nd event (5mph in reverse)...loaded rear end + trunk, backing out of a sloped driveway in an angle = snapped bracket
3rd event (10mph u-turn)...pulled over the side of the road to do a u-turn, but had too much weight in the rear and and the height difference between the road/gravel was too high and i hit a dip=broket bracket+rod
4th event (15mph straighaway)...i was giving a tour through a dirt road, hit a pothole = snapped bracket

Originally Posted by phipark
that bar is just too darn stiff for the car. End links/brackets break all the time.

Again...I'm the only one who reports broken brackets with the Neuspeed race bar. If there are others...please point them out. I'd like to share experiences with them as well.

I just spoke with my friendly neighborhood suspension expert and he indicated that the end link and mount bracket problems were probably caused by potholes and speedbumps and such, and that cornering loads were "steady" and should not cause endlinks and mount brackets to break even under heavy cornering loads.

Thanks!!!
Your "friendly neighborhood suspension expert" is correct. However, unless you spend most of your time on the freeway (like I do) you may want to get a softer bar for the city. All I know is that with the race sways, changing lanes got so much funner.

Just remember that thicker/firmer is not necessarily better/worse, since everyone has their own taste. If I were in your shoes...I'd buy the Eibach set and sell the front Neuspeed bar to an existing Comptech owner.
Old 12-03-2004 | 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by phipark

Again...I'm the only one who reports broken brackets with the Neuspeed race bar. If there are others...please point them out.
Old 12-03-2004 | 03:46 PM

Thanks!!!

Your "friendly neighborhood suspension expert" is correct. However, unless you spend most of your time on the freeway (like I do) you may want to get a softer bar for the city. All I know is that with the race sways, changing lanes got so much funner.

Just remember that thicker/firmer is not necessarily better/worse, since everyone has their own taste. If I were in your shoes...I'd buy the Eibachs and sell the front to Comptech owner.