Neon Blue Footwell Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Ok, I've gotten a few PM's about how to wire these in, and I followed the instructions HZM82 posted on page 2.

To wire the switch, I only did a few extra things. The instrurctions were posted before, but I dont see them now.

1. I took a piece of wire, and grounded it at one end. For the ground, I used a screw thats visible when you remove the passenger side fuse box cover which is used as a ground for our power door locks.
2. I put the switch on that wire
3. I took this ground wire with a switch on it, and tapped it into the negative wire that is now running to the power inverter for the CCFL tubes. Thats it; enjoy.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, whoever bought from that case-mod.com place, i purchased 2 12in Dual Cold Cathode. well on this page

http://www.case-mod.com/store/12in-d...ite-p-620.html

it says 2 x 12" Cold Cathode Tubes included

but on my shipping invoice it says

1 x 12in Dual Cold Cathode - White $4.99

so am i getting 2 or 1? arg...someone clairfy it for me plz...
Old 08-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Ok, I've gotten a few PM's about how to wire these in, and I followed the instructions HZM82 posted on page 2.

To wire the switch, I only did a few extra things. The instrurctions were posted before, but I dont see them now.

1. I took a piece of wire, and grounded it at one end. For the ground, I used a screw thats visible when you remove the passenger side fuse box cover which is used as a ground for our power door locks.
3. I took this ground wire with a switch on it, and tapped it into the negative wire that is now running to the power inverter for the CCFL tubes. Thats it; enjoy.
well i got mine, and gonna install it tommorrow, but mr hyde, howd u pop out the cig lighter? or u got that still in it, and dry fitted the switch, either way, howd u hide the wires? i tried to get behind it, but couldnt, took off trim and cant get the side panel off, if i get that off i can reach at it, but it aint commin off, even wit the screws off......someone he lp!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Thumbs up

Here's simple instruction for footwell light installation.

Neon Footwell light install instruction
Old 08-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by PenancE
well i got mine, and gonna install it tommorrow, but mr hyde, howd u pop out the cig lighter? or u got that still in it, and dry fitted the switch, either way, howd u hide the wires? i tried to get behind it, but couldnt, took off trim and cant get the side panel off, if i get that off i can reach at it, but it aint commin off, even wit the screws off......someone he lp!

The switch I used was just sitting in the lighter, I didnt take it out. Just make sure no metal from the switch can come in contact with the sides of the lighter socket. If it can, cover the spots up with electrical tape.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde

Sorry to bring this thread back. So, when you use the switch, does it supply the power back to the dome light??