Need New Roters and Pads <<Please Help>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Ok Excelerate, you have your own experience, I have mine experience. We don't piss on each other's experience because you have perfect rotors, I didn't. Let the fellow members be the judges.

Your experience is that you always receive top quality Rotora slotted rotors with no e-coating paint chips from Rotora, good for you. My experience is that (1) Rotora slotted rotors are not immune from warping, mine has warped, (2) I received top quality Rotora slotted rotors with perfect e-coating paint finish bought 3 years ago, (3) but I received not so top quality Rotora slotted rotors due to e-coating paint defects bought a couple weeks ago (see my pictures a few posts above).
Your rotors warped after 3 yrs and I believe you said almost 50K. Don't act like they were warped out of the box or that you didn't get good use out of them. Like I said PM me if you want to talk further.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I got my Rotora front slotted rotors with Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads installed 3 weeks ago and pass the 500 mile break-in period, so far this setup is a great improvement from what I had before, absolutely no noise when braking, no vibration when braking and very little brake dust.

I have ordered my rear rotora slotted rotors with AEM Performance ceramics, but they company sent me the 4 bolt rotors instead of 5 bolts, I am in the process of getting an exchange.

Here are some pics of my rear pads:

Here are this pics of my wrong rotors:

Pics of the front slotted rotora's:

Installed pics:

Old 09-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I would just go Brembo blanks with stock pads..... i have found no place that would ever resurface slotted rotors....... so as far as having them resurfaced when u do another brack change, forget it.....OEM brakes are fine..... most people get slotted rotors for the looks unless ur getting a big brake kit or upgrading ur calipers to a 4 piston or something......
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by dro_15
I would just go Brembo blanks with stock pads..... i have found no place that would ever resurface slotted rotors....... so as far as having them resurfaced when u do another brack change, forget it.....OEM brakes are fine..... most people get slotted rotors for the looks unless ur getting a big brake kit or upgrading ur calipers to a 4 piston or something......
OEM brakes are not fine, at least the rotors aren't; they have a tendency to warp. People do not get the slotted rotors for the looks. Slotted rotors are very functional. They dissipate heat better than OEM rotors and the ROTORA rotors are much less prone to warpage than the OEM's. They also keep the pads fresh by consistently cutting into them and preventing glazing.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, not to hijack again, but I am also trying to figure out what to do on my brakes. It looks like the front are aftermarket slotted rotors, and the rear are OEM.

ne pair, or both, are definitely warped- although I get slight vibration in my steering wheel, it feels like more vibration is coming from the pedal- so I am assuming the OEM rotors are to blame.

The car has 105k on it, and I have no idea when the aftermarket front rotors were put on. I don't want to have to replace both pairs of rotors if possible, so I may just buy some rears and pads from Excelerate and see if that fixes the problem.

Any thoughts on how to ascertain precisely which rotors are warped?
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Spene
Guys, not to hijack again, but I am also trying to figure out what to do on my brakes. It looks like the front are aftermarket slotted rotors, and the rear are OEM.

ne pair, or both, are definitely warped- although I get slight vibration in my steering wheel, it feels like more vibration is coming from the pedal- so I am assuming the OEM rotors are to blame.

The car has 105k on it, and I have no idea when the aftermarket front rotors were put on. I don't want to have to replace both pairs of rotors if possible, so I may just buy some rears and pads from Excelerate and see if that fixes the problem.

Any thoughts on how to ascertain precisely which rotors are warped?
Replace rotors in pairs especially if the good side has worn down. Same applies to brake pads. Otherwise the left-right braking balance may be affected. If you have
vibrations from the pedal, try to have the rotors deglazed (not turned - because you will hardly find any brake shop that will turn slotted rotors). It may help, but it still won't get rid of your steering wheel vibration.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Thanks, I do understand that I don't want to replace a rotor on one side- just trying to figure out if the front or rear rotors are warped?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
6G TLX-S

The steering wheel shakes while applying the brakes is a telltale sign of front rotors warping.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Yeah, but it feels more like the brake pedal shaking, so I'm thinking it's probably the rear rotors.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 PM
6G TLX-S

If the problem is in the rear rotors and they are not slotted, you can go and get them turned.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Intermediate

If I were you I would go with OEM and cheapie pads on rear. Most of the breaking is done by your fronts and yes it sounds like your fronts are going out. I had a similar situation and replaced front with powerslots and greenstuff pads. The steering wheel vibration is now gone.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Hey, just an update- I just purchased some Race Concepts front and rear DS Rotors and Posi quiet pads- they should be here in about a week.. anyone have any experience with these products?