Need help with wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with wires

Can someone tell me if it’s possible to get a full 2002 NAVI wire harness and where?
I would like to change mine old one, I think I massed up it when I was playing with NAVI to DVD conversion (cutting, soldering)... now every time I accelerate I can see horizontal lines on my screen, I HATE IT....
Old 01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
2003 SSM TLS

Sure, You can order the harness through Acura, or you can probably find one from a totaled '02. Probably not worth the hassle to get the onld harness from a totalled car, I would just order the new one from Acura.....Shouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Racer

Any idea how haed it will be to change it?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Racer

Any idea how hard it will be to change it?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:37 PM
2003 SSM TLS

You will have to take to console out, Head Unit, & Nav unit. The Nav unit harness probably runs all the way to the trunk....Not really sure. Shouldn't be too bad.

Are you sure the problem is in the harness??? If the problem is when you accelerate , it sounds like a grounding issue. Before replacing the harness, I would remove the Nav headunit, make sure the exising harness has good connections and is well taped up, then reinstall your Nav head unit, making sure that all connections are secure and that everything is properly grounded. Could be a cheap fix. Sure beats replacing the harness unless you have too.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PhillyTL-S
Any idea how hard it will be to change it?
The diagram in the Service Manual that shows how the cable is routed looks like you might also have to take out the rear seat and maybe some trim panels. Based on the end of the cable in the trunk, it's probably tie wrapped to the body along its way to the dashboard.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Racer

Angry

Originally Posted by 69ssrscam
You will have to take to console out, Head Unit, & Nav unit. The Nav unit harness probably runs all the way to the trunk....Not really sure. Shouldn't be too bad.

Are you sure the problem is in the harness??? If the problem is when you accelerate , it sounds like a grounding issue. Before replacing the harness, I would remove the Nav headunit, make sure the exising harness has good connections and is well taped up, then reinstall your Nav head unit, making sure that all connections are secure and that everything is properly grounded. Could be a cheap fix. Sure beats replacing the harness unless you have too.
I noticed it after I soldered the wires.
Maybe my connections are soldered bad...
I can see the small lines on the screen even when the car is in park, but when I drive the car its even more visible.
When I was doing the conversion I cut some of the wires that were coming from the modle 12 pin connector which is located behind navi unit in the trunk.
I know that one of the wires that I cut and soldered was a (I think blue) ground wire, maybe it cosing problems now....
Old 01-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Tristate Vip Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PhillyTL-S
Can someone tell me if it’s possible to get a full 2002 NAVI wire harness and where?
I would like to change mine old one, I think I massed up it when I was playing with NAVI to DVD conversion (cutting, soldering)... now every time I accelerate I can see horizontal lines on my screen, I HATE IT....
Let me ask you something, do you still have the conversion kit hooked up? Reason I am asking is b/e when I had mine installed the shop hooked up the kit to the ignition wire for power. I was getting lines as well. An Engineer freind of mine told me that the ignition gives alot of interference, (you think the shop should know this) once i disconnected the kit from the ignition and connected it to the battery the lines were gone. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i would do what the above stated and also amke sure there arent any bare wire exposed or touching, before i spent the $$$$ on a new cable
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jleon2516
Let me ask you something, do you still have the conversion kit hooked up? Reason I am asking is b/e when I had mine installed the shop hooked up the kit to the ignition wire for power. I was getting lines as well. An Engineer freind of mine told me that the ignition gives alot of interference, (you think the shop should know this) once i disconnected the kit from the ignition and connected it to the battery the lines were gone. Hope this helps.

NO,
the kit is gone but I still have lines...
I think I will need to resolder everything again