Need Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help plz

Hello everyone , i just registered been lurking around the forums for a while

i just bought a 99 acura TL with navi i was originally shopping for a 99 accord coupe but got a real good deal . 2 things i need to get looked are at that my brakes are completely gone and i need advice as to where i should take it to get it fixed Acura Dealership or some place like Merlins or Midas ?

and the other one seems to be like the most popular on this forum the TRANS when i shift from park to drive its fine but when going from Drive back to Park i hear a clink on (R) and check engine light is on ! .

I really enjoy my TL its a bad ass car so i want to make it run like a top . Any opinions - Advice would be appreciated..

99 ' TL with Comptech Exhaust
Springs
Tints (coming soon)
Old 06-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,137 Posts
The clink is most likely normal. It's a Honda thing.
Is the check engine light on all the time or just when its in R?
If its on all the time hopefully its just an O2 sensor or something.

Can't comment on where to get brakes replaced.

Congrats one your purchase. You made a good choice to stepup to the TL instead of the Accord.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Racer

Originally posted by doopstr
The clink is most likely normal. It's a Honda thing.
Is the check engine light on all the time or just when its in R?
If its on all the time hopefully its just an O2 sensor or something.

Can't comment on where to get brakes replaced.

Congrats one your purchase. You made a good choice to stepup to the TL instead of the Accord.
i am assuming the clink is normal and honda thing but its worrying me since i read so many negative comments on tranny i am scared cause i cant affford $ 2k when i just bought the car. I think its emission stuff too but i need ideas how to go around getting it fixed. i got a smile on my face too everytime i start it up ! ;-). Thanks for your response
Old 06-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i'd start by going to the dealer for an oil change to get accquainted with them and eventually get them to perform the brake service. you'd get a loaner car out of it while your car is in the shop. Sure they'd be pricey but they know what the are doing. How many acura dealers are there in the Chicagoland area?
Old 06-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Racer

there are 2 within 10 miles of my home. the car has been serviced there too. Do you think they will give me a loaner car since mine is a 99 with 75k miles ? Does anyone here have an idea how much the brakes would cost ? they are in pretty bad shape so i cant shop around it can be only a one way ride to the dealership. Thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

The transmission problem was with the five-speed, not the four-speed in your 1999 tl.