Need help on light bulbs!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 02:25 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Need help on light bulbs!!!!

I want to buy bulbs for all the lights on my TL (front cleared turn signals, highbeams,
sidemarkers, Inspire rear turn signals).

What are the bulb code for each so I know what bulb to look for?

BTW, I am looking for superwhites or blue light output. Which brand is good and where can I get them for cheap?

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2001, 02:36 AM
Ain't No Other...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streeteffectz@home.com

email ron at that address, he knows all and will sell them to you also, he has good pricing and can ship it to you, talk to him through email...

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL, 17x7.5 ATP wheels with Pirelli 215/50/17 P7000SS, OEM spoiler, K&N filter, Tint all Around. Inspire Foglight Switch, PIAA 1700X fogs, Polarg M-12 corners.
Next Mod: H&R springs.
Old 03-13-2001, 07:30 AM
Instructor

does anyone know if those type of lights (blue ones for high beam and sidemarker) are legal? I really like the looks of those lights but the cops around here are very picky and I don't want to get a ticket for them.

Originally posted by SinnedTL:
streeteffectz@home.com

email ron at that address, he knows all and will sell them to you also, he has good pricing and can ship it to you, talk to him through email...

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-13-2001, 12:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

It varies form State to State but in NY you can not put red, green, or blue lights in the front of your car. Even if your headlights are too blue, it's illegal but I don't think many cops have the meter to test the lights.

Plus since when does anyone see your high-beams anyway. That would put them coming towards you, and uh.... hello?

Side markers (corner signals) must be reflective in order to be DOT legal. Tail lights too. The Inspire tails are legal because of it reflectivity. Clear corners don't have that. So in essence they are not DOT approved although again, as long as your signal is amber/yellow it's pretty much "street legal" unless the cop has a hard-on for you.

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (not installed yet)

More Pics
Old 03-13-2001, 03:08 PM
Instructor

But don't our lights have reflectors in them for the sides? So if I put the blue bulb in there wouldn't it actually reflect as amber because of the relfector. Besides, I thought those blue bulbs put out a superwhite light rather than a bluish color.

Originally posted by adamyankee:
It varies form State to State but in NY you can not put red, green, or blue lights in the front of your car. Even if your headlights are too blue, it's illegal but I don't think many cops have the meter to test the lights.

Plus since when does anyone see your high-beams anyway. That would put them coming towards you, and uh.... hello?

Side markers (corner signals) must be reflective in order to be DOT legal. Tail lights too. The Inspire tails are legal because of it reflectivity. Clear corners don't have that. So in essence they are not DOT approved although again, as long as your signal is amber/yellow it's pretty much "street legal" unless the cop has a hard-on for you.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-13-2001, 03:19 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by LORD STANLEY:
But don't our lights have reflectors in them for the sides? So if I put the blue bulb in there wouldn't it actually reflect as amber because of the relfector. Besides, I thought those blue bulbs put out a superwhite light rather than a bluish color.

I cleared out my front corners so there are no reflectors. Yes the blue bulb do put out superwhite light. My bulb is purplish so therefore it puts out a blue light. It looks really nice at night. Now I am trying to find a blue light for my sidemarkers and rear turn signals. Please help!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Instructor

I thought that streeteffects posted something in another thread that he has polargs that you can buy from him for the sidemarkers. Not sure about the rear turn signals thou. I'm going to wait and get the 2002 lights.

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
I cleared out my front corners so there are no reflectors. Yes the blue bulb do put out superwhite light. My bulb is purplish so therefore it puts out a blue light. It looks really nice at night. Now I am trying to find a blue light for my sidemarkers and rear turn signals. Please help!!!

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-13-2001, 04:23 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by LORD STANLEY:
I thought that streeteffects posted something in another thread that he has polargs that you can buy from him for the sidemarkers. Not sure about the rear turn signals thou. I'm going to wait and get the 2002 lights.

Hey Stanley, where are you in Clifton? I'm always around that area. BTW, I already have the 2002 lights (Inspire tails) on my 99TL. I'll ask Ron the next time I see him about the polargs for my sidemarkers.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:17 PM
Instructor

I'm right off of Van Houten, near the Charlie Brown's restaurant. Several blocks in.

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
Hey Stanley, where are you in Clifton? I'm always around that area. BTW, I already have the 2002 lights (Inspire tails) on my 99TL. I'll ask Ron the next time I see him about the polargs for my sidemarkers.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-13-2001, 05:20 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

BlackShadow ask Streetz

------------------
aACURA
99 TL,SATIN SILVER EXT.,EBONY INT.,UNDERBODY KIT, HEADLIGHT FINISHERS, INSPIRE TAILS, PIAA 1700X FOGS,17IN BBS RK, GUTTER GUARD GRILL, HEADLIGHTS CLEARED,COMPTECH EXHAUST, COMPTECH SPRINGS, AUDIO ALL DRESSED UP, VIDEO UNDER THE SCREWDRIVER
A.K.A ThE bRoNxBoY
I said Sup!!