Need Help Installing Injen Cai!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Need Help Installing Injen Cai!!

Correct me if i'm wrong. What i want to make sure is that i hook up the hoses the right way and according to the injen directions, i think i understand which hose needs to go where so correct me if im wrong. Look at the above picture. I labeled each hose with a letter. If im understanding the directions correctly, im going to......

Disconnect - A (replace with hose injen included)
Connect - B & C together
Disconnect - D (reconnect to the back side nipple of intake)
Stays Same - E

Please someone tell me if that is right or wrong. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
remove a. there should eb another pipe connected to it. you have to take the engine cover off. attach the new hose from engine to intake. then take another hose which should hae coolant in it from the front of the engine to the TB. im pretty sure thats how it goes. its pretty confusing and i didn't want to screw it up. just make sure that you don't switch the coolant and vaccum lines so coolant is getting dumped into the intake. good luck.

its been a year so i could be off a lil but im pretty sure thats right.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:29 PM
99TL-p 114K

Question

Originally Posted by demolition_x
remove a. there should eb another pipe connected to it. you have to take the engine cover off. attach the new hose from engine to intake. then take another hose which should hae coolant in it from the front of the engine to the TB. im pretty sure thats how it goes. its pretty confusing and i didn't want to screw it up. just make sure that you don't switch the coolant and vaccum lines so coolant is getting dumped into the intake. good luck.

its been a year so i could be off a lil but im pretty sure thats right.
Ok, not to be a paint, but thats not helping me here, i was hoping you would look at the picture above and tell me which hose goes where by the Letters i gave each hose. I myself does not know which hose has coolant etc.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

haha its cool im 99% sure hose A has 2 hoses connected together. one is coolant one is vaccum. A is part of B and Vice Versa. The part of A that goes into the intake is the vaccum. once you take the engine cover off you have to take the 2 parts of A off. You also have to disconnect it at B. the other end of B, D gets removed as well. this has all the coolant in it. so when you take it off some will come out. perfectly fine. so when b/d is out of there you take new hose and attach it to the corresponding spot in the front of the engine. same thing with the vaccum from the intake to the front of the engine. the hoses are different sizes so you really can't screw it up. isk about c im gonna take a peek at my car.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

ok C attaches onto the other nippl on the intake. the opposite side stock is.

this is a picture of A when its off the car.

the skinny part in the back of the pic is where it goes under the TB. this is the one with coolant.

hope that helps

and i am pretty sure E just stays there
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

the more i look at it i think that the long peice of hose in the back of the pic goes to the front of the engine...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 AM
99TL-p 114K

Wink

Originally Posted by demolition_x
haha its cool im 99% sure hose A has 2 hoses connected together. one is coolant one is vaccum. A is part of B and Vice Versa. The part of A that goes into the intake is the vaccum. once you take the engine cover off you have to take the 2 parts of A off. You also have to disconnect it at B. the other end of B, D gets removed as well. this has all the coolant in it. so when you take it off some will come out. perfectly fine. so when b/d is out of there you take new hose and attach it to the corresponding spot in the front of the engine. same thing with the vaccum from the intake to the front of the engine. the hoses are different sizes so you really can't screw it up. isk about c im gonna take a peek at my car.
Ok, you deff explained everything just how i was expecting you too. GREAT JOB Thanks for the added info on coolant and vacum and the pic you put up for me. Also, thanks for taking the time to help me out cuz most people will just pass this thread by so really, THANK YOU!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
99TL-p 114K

Question Confused With Hose Lines?? What Goes Where???

I NEED MORE HELP WITH THE CAI INSTALL!!! I originally thought i knew what went where, but i still dont. I have taken pics of diff hoses that have to do with the install i beieve but can someone by looking at my corresponding HOSE LETTERS in the picture at the beginning of this thread, tell me WHICH LETTER GOES WHERE. AND WHICH TWO HOSES HAVE TO GET CONNECTED TO EACHOTHER WITH THAT PLASTIC THING????? IM SO LOST! Need response ASAP, im in the middle of doin this shit right now!