My trip to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 11:25 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My trip to the dealer

I took my TL in on monday to get my breaks done and to take care of a few squeaks and rattles. Everything was fixed. But for some reason they must have pulled the battery and resetted my navi code. Now instead of getting the code for me, they tell me that i have to give them 120 to take the navi out the dash and get the serial number. I was like Bull$hit. I didnt request anything electrical done to the car and you pulled the battery. Upon further inspection of my car, it had all grease stains on the mat, seats, and steering wheel, and my front spoiler was coming off. Why it was coming off i dont know, but someone decided to unbolt it and forgot to torque one of the bolts back on. So b itched about that. I told them that the damn ford dealer puts plastic on the mats, steering and seats, and my TL which costs 15000 more than my last car(contour svt) gets $hittier service. So after complaining, he gave me the number of a detailer to get my car done inside out for free. They didnt know why the skirt was taken off. No one seems to know who worked on it. They also couldnt explain the whole battery thing. I think they did it thinking that i would pay for them to rip my dash apart to get the damn serial number. Here is the best part, i saw the tech go into my trunk and get the number form the nav unit back there, and he california and they gave him my pin. I was so pissed that they wanted to charge me for something so simple. He was like, oh thats just protocol, we always do that first, but it ususally isnt the right number. BS. Anyway just had to vent on how Ford rolled out he red carpet for me when i had my Contour SVT, but AC trips me and kicks me while im down. BTW this was Lartchmont acura for all you New Yorkers.
Old 09-26-2001, 11:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is pretty shady. i have been lucky with the the dealership close to me. they have always done a good job and haven't overcharged. good luck in the future. now that they have pissed you off once they will probably kiss your @$$
Old 09-27-2001, 11:04 PM
Intermediate

Dealer Service

Can't believe the hassle the dealer has caused for you. Makes me glad that so far the one Acura Dealer in my city has looked after me pretty well. Good luck in the future.
Old 09-28-2001, 12:16 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want really good service and don't mind a little drive then definitely go to Park Ave Acura in Maywood, NJ. I know a lot of the NY guys are driving there to get good service too. IMO, it will be worth the trip.
Old 09-28-2001, 09:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BlackShadow
If you want really good service and don't mind a little drive then definitely go to Park Ave Acura in Maywood, NJ. I know a lot of the NY guys are driving there to get good service too. IMO, it will be worth the trip.
I agree.
The first time i ever took my car there was to get springs installed. Thats all i told them to do: Install Comptech springs.

When i got the car back they fixed a sunroof rattle and replaced a defective trim piece, washed and vacuumed the car. Oh and installed the springs too.
Old 09-28-2001, 10:38 AM
Advanced

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT GO TO ACURA IN LARCHMONT!!!!!!!

take your baby to central ave in scarsdale and go to curry acura.. they are the best. went to westchester acura in larchmont and the salesmen were big ****s.. noone wants to do anything for you. went to curry on central ave and everyone was so nice.. it is such a different atmosphere.. the service there is real good and the shop is clean as can be. hope your troubles get better..

-ggard-

if your like wrestling peep my website..

www.ggardsbodyslam.com
Old 09-28-2001, 12:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that some dealerships are not top notch when it comes to service. With the Navi code I don't know why the battery was disconnected but you should have the credit card that has the code on it. Also when I have my car serviced it is printed on the invoice what service tech did what work. They have a tech number printed by the work that was done. When my car was in for service last month I could tell 2 people had worked on the car by the 2 numbers. This was also the same with my Honda dealership.