My TL got hit......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 05:59 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry My TL got hit......

Yeah so I was on RT 1 in Jersey. A whole bunch of car had to come to an abrupt stop. I stopped, the guy in back of me didn't. Not only did he hit me from behind but he pushed me into the car in front of me. I just had my license plate frames painted, I am sooooo pissed. It is $2307 in damage. It isnt bad its just that when he hit me my trunk shook back and forth, thus chipping BOTH quarter panels. I have connections in a body shop so the owner hooked me up pretty nice. You will all have to wait until I get it back and I post pics. So for now I leave you with some pics of my formerly perfect TLS.:bigcry:

You can see the rest here.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:13 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man.. were you driving too fast? because sometimes that happens too.. (I didn't do it!)

Where was it about on Rt 1?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Pro

It was right after a stoplight so it wasnt too fast, 20 MPH maybe. But I was completely stopped so I took a 20 MPH hit. And it really doesnt matter because he hit me from the rear. The kid just said he wasnt paying attention.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by sssick
It was right after a stoplight so it wasnt too fast, 20 MPH maybe. But I was completely stopped so I took a 20 MPH hit. And it really doesnt matter because he hit me from the rear. The kid just said he wasnt paying attention.
I belive in NJ you are at fault if you hit somebody in front of you ( even because somebody hit you from behind )

Its a stupid law, but cops can make two people at fault: you and the guy behind....
Old 11-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Bada Bing

That sucks bro! Working in Jersey I can say that there are a lot of drivers out here that just can't drive (that's not to say all of them but a majority)...they're so caught up in their own BS that they don't pay attention to what's going on on the road around them. Perfect example...I drove in today even with the snowfall b/c I'm probably leaving work early...I'm coasting at about 65 in the left lane on the Turnpike and this car cuts in front of me for no reason (there was no one in front of him). Mind you I was just pulling up on his rear bumper to pass him so I definitely shouldn't have been in a blind spot. So I pull up next to him and what do I find??? A cell phone in one hand and the guy changing the radio station with the other.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Advanced

I was hit in Montreal

I recently had the same experience in Montreal. I was stopped at a red light when a woman driving a Audi A4 1.8T hit me. She admitted that she had her head turned, talking to her passenger when she failed to notice me and the red light.

She refused to identify herself or provide me with her insurance information as she believed there was no damage. I told her she could tell me or the cops. I called the police and eventhough they attended the scene, hey insisted that we fill out the ioint accident report form. The cop also refused to charge the Audi with any driving offence as the collision was an "accident".

In addition, Quebec has legislated against the right to sue in car accidents.

Ultimately, I got my car repaired by Jorge at Dupont Auto Collision in Toronto with excellent results.

I hope only your car was hurt
Old 11-27-2002, 05:03 PM
O.G.

Sorry to hear about that!

As a matter of fact, I almost got hit from behind today. I was stopped but I saw the car behind coming up pretty quick. I thought she was going to hit me but she realized just in time. So what do I see...there were a bunch of hs kids in the car and she was too busy talking to them to pay any attention to the road.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Angry cross bx Expwy highway from hell

A while back I was on the cross bx Expwy literally parked in traffic in my Bimmer. Something tells me to look in my rearview mirror. I see a Galant hurtling toward me from the on ramp. The car rams into me so hard it knocked of my bumper and rear axles, knocked the trunk into the back seat.

I get out of the car to yell at the other driver. Turns out the other driver is a pregnant woman with a split lip from her steering wheel. in front of the cops we both tell the same story.

When it comes to insurance she has a completely diff story that I cut her off. to make a long story short I only got 80% and had to come out of pocket for the rest.

Now I avoid the cross bx like a plague
Old 11-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro

Originally posted by russianDude

I belive in NJ you are at fault if you hit somebody in front of you ( even because somebody hit you from behind )

Its a stupid law, but cops can make two people at fault: you and the guy behind....
No, thats not the law according to the cop. I was completely stopped, the guy in front of me told the cop he saw me come to a complete stop. So there is no way that it could be my fault for hitting the guy in front of me.

Thanks to all who replied, and be careful because you dont know when someone can just be in la la land and really creme you. In my case it was at a relatively low speed but it could have been a lot worse.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear about your car. As long as you didn't get hurt.
After getting rear ended 6 years ago, I check the rearview mirror very often.
Old 11-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Advanced

I was on my way to college one day and stopped at a traffic light.. standing for about 30 secs.. I was looking in the rear view mirror and watching this girl driving her car up behing me.. She's driving to a stop while looking into her rearview mirror and putting on lipstick.. except she never stopped.. :wow:

This was in Edison..

And you're right SlyTLS, people do that kinda **** here for no damn reason.. I'm driving in left lane, and they're in mid.. have NO one infront of them.. and then would just cut you off.. huhh?
Old 11-28-2002, 06:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

did u get hurt at all, any whiplash??????
Old 11-29-2002, 02:52 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Madgreek
did u get hurt at all, any whiplash??????
I think I hurt my wrist a little. I guess from it resting on the wheel it got twisted a bit.

Now every time I have to slow qickly or i'm stopped at a light, I am always looking in the rearview.