My new brakes STOLEN.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Angry My new brakes STOLEN.

Today I was suppose to receive my Hawk HPS pads (fronts) and Rear rotors. UPS said they got delievered at 4:00 pm and left at my front door.

Get home at 6 and see nothing. I live in a apartment complex and checked with UPS and they confirmed it was left at front door to.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that really sucks man, thats why i always request signature verification on any packages I recieve, so this doesnt happen, hopefully youll get it worked out.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
私はより良い

WOW... this really SUCKS!!
i would suspect someone in your apartment complex seeing as they do live around you...

hopefully this gets resolved
Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
speak to the neighbors and the manager immediatly
Often ups will leave stuff like that with a front office, and the computer input still says at door

Otherwise call UPS and ask about insurance on the stuff since it was left in an unsecured area
Old 04-29-2008, 09:32 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
i ordered some parts for one of my projects, fedex shipped them and i received an email saying my package was delivered. i walk all around my house and even look in the bushes and find nothing. so about 30min passes by and im about to contact fedex. start dialing the number and i head the door bell ring. and them i saw my package. but if i were u id drive over to ups and asks wtf is up with my package, thats after u knock on the doors that r in your apartment.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

wow this kind of deters me from moving into my apartment soon

hope it works out bro. definately check with the landlord/leasing office and UPS
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Intermediate

did you pay with AMEX? they are great about these kind of issues ... get you $$ back
Old 04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
2003 TL-S A-SPEC

hope they get to you bud!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
i had this issue to but with my headlight.. said it delivered at 3:20
got home at 6:30 nothing is there.. gave a call.. they said something about tracking where the driver went blah blah.. driver could've done something stupid blah blah. next day. got my package. hopefully you get yours too!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
that blows duval, did you file a claim with the carrier?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me. ups is liable to deliver to an address not to a person fyi. its bull. good luck maybe the shipper had insurance on it.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Banned

wow man taht sucks, lifes a bitch then u die tho.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ugh...so what's gonna happen? ups better take care of it...!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That sucks, hope everything works out. I remember they left my sideskirts outside my door...lucky no one took them. Funny thing is that if someone took them don't think they would be able to use it on their car...unless it's a TL.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by bmunn
did you pay with AMEX? they are great about these kind of issues ... get you $$ back
That is the only card i buy stuff with if possible.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Oh and from here on out since you live in a apt complex you should have them deliver it to the nearest UPS store and pick it up there on your way home, or make sure that sig verification is to be put on the packages when you arent going to be around.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
That has happened to me with DHL and UPS.. Both times i called immediatley, they sent the driver back out the next day and when i got home from work that day, it was there. Sometimes they screw up and put it on the wrong doorstep. Most people would just bring it in and not even look at the name until the next day and then put it back where it belongs
Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Team Owner

sometimes the driver is running late and enters items as done, when in fact its still on the truck--to close out the days paperwork on all the other boxes.
The night shift finds it and reloads onto next days trip
Lets all hope!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
sometimes the driver is running late and enters items as done, when in fact its still on the truck--to close out the days paperwork on all the other boxes.
The night shift finds it and reloads onto next days trip
Lets all hope!!!

Thats what I am hoping for. I checked with the apartment office and nothing their.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Inspired

UPS did the same thing to me for my brakes, they left it in front of the door thank god no one took them.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Team Owner

I live in a house- their favorite trick is to move the doormat over the box- then they ring and run!!
as if THATs not a signal to the casual thief!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here how you do this, call the company you bought the parts from and say you never got it. Without a signature on file you are NOT responsbile to follow up with UPS or do any leg work.

UPS insurance only covers the first $100 unless the company bought it from paid for more.

They should either, send you a replacement set with a signature request or refund you.

Give them a few days to work things out at their end with UPS, doing a trace to try and find the pacakge, 10 business days tops.

If after that period you do not have a replacement set, call your credit card and issue a charge back. I believe it falls under 'goods not received'. This will then issue you a refund on your card and place the responsiblity on the company you bought from to show proof of delivery.

Proof of delivery requires a signature, saying 'left at front door' means you'll get a full refund. You can then decided where you want to buy from after you get things sorted out. Credit card company gives the vendor 30 days to deal with this.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Team Owner

sounds like you have been thru this a few times rob2
hows the car? total or just close to it- remember to tell them all the recent service cost
Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
sounds like you have been thru this a few times rob2
hows the car? total or just close to it- remember to tell them all the recent service cost

I have been through this many times. I request a signature on most of my orders when they are more then $100.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Safety Car

Ok I bought the Centric rear rotors from Amazon (had a gift card) Amazon without questions just refunded my money.

I am still working on getting the pads now.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
check craigslist
Old 04-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Team Owner

get RacingBrake pads from MrHeelToe or from the maker
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,160 Likes on 829 Posts
Originally Posted by Unkn0VV17
That sucks, hope everything works out. I remember they left my sideskirts outside my door...lucky no one took them. Funny thing is that if someone took them don't think they would be able to use it on their car...unless it's a TL.
There is always Ebay !?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

that too. id check those places for those funny sellers
Old 04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

okay. next step. check your local craigslist and the surrounding cl areas to see if anyone posted up your shit. check ebay too. do a search for those parts and check the checkbox that says items within... 50 miles of me. if nothing, keep checking for the next month and a half because some dumbass whole stole it might be stupid enough to sell it back on cl.

here's my story. my girlfriend lives in an apartment complex. there's parking in front of her place so i used to park there pretty often. one day when i came out, i found my trunk popped open slightly, but i dunno how. my doors were locked and my keys usually arent in my pocket so it wouldnt make sense that i'd be the culprit that left it open. That week i did some spring cleaning back at home, and i dug out all my aftermarket parts from my prelude. Among them were 2 cold airs (one blue one grey), 1 short ram (dark blue), 1 DC strut bar (red). and the other stuff in my trunk like My RF Amp + a cheap Xplod Sub, my stock sub which i removed from the mounts, my bowling ball, my bowling shoes and my key lock for my oem lug nuts. All those things went missing. roughly 1000 dollars worth of stuff. I was HELLA FUCKING pissed. I figured, hey the fuckers who stole it must must have been college students because that area is swarming with college students. i checked every 2-3 days for those parts, and all of a sudden, a month and a half down the road, the bitches put my RED strut bar and my BLUE Cold air intake up for sale... in one picture. I've seen stupidity, but who the fuck is dumb enough to put two stolen parts for sale in one picture, especially when they're stolen! I called up about 8 of my friends, and had one of them with a private number give the guy a call. keep in mind, none of these guys live in my college town, but they live a hundred miles away so the bitches who stole my shit never saw them again. My friend called, and asked if he had any other parts and he said he's selling most of my stuff minus the bowling ball because who the hell would sell a bowling ball. we met up behind a pretty well lit restaurant around 1130, but it was a quiet place so everyone was gone. we had two guys waiting in their car like they were going to meet him up, and then when they rolled in with their cars, i called in the reinforcements. we surrounded him with 4 cars and him and his friends saw us come out with bats in our hands and needless to say they ran. we took his car to some random neighborhood, and took all my parts back, along with a bunch of parts that came from his car including his system, his intake from his car, his strut bar. My girlfriend moved out of there that same weekend because her lease was over. the funny thing is she lived right across from those bitches.

I didnt keep any of the parts we took from his car. i let my friends distribute it, and since he drove a gen 6 accord, some of my friends just took his intake and strut bar and put it on their cars.

Karma will bite you in the ass, especially if you do bad shit. I'm just your karma police. I make sure karma is enforced.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
not your fault, not UPS's, but to me it just seems kinda stupid to dump an entire brake kit on the front of your door.

check w/your management to see if there are any cameras pointed down your hallway
Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

awesome heyitsvu.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

I dont like physical damage, shit like that cant be mended. I was tempted to slash their tires and do the whole deal since i had their car, but i didnt feel like being a bitch myself. I just wanted to give these lil 18-19 year old kids a scare. they should learn not take things that dont belong to them.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Originally Posted by heyitsvu
I dont like physical damage, shit like that cant be mended. I was tempted to slash their tires and do the whole deal since i had their car, but i didnt feel like being a bitch myself. I just wanted to give these lil 18-19 year old kids a scare. they should learn not take things that dont belong to them.
you know if you get caught you're looking at theft and vandalism, right?

yeah, i know they are too, but if I were you, i'd just call the police and let them deal with it instead of sinking down to their level.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

THAT SUCKs sorry to hear that brother!!!!!......, a bunch of low-life's out there!, can't wait till I catch somebody in the ''ACT'' they will have .357 magnum staring at them at point blank range or get an ASS Kicking like never before!......UPS dropped off my custom made to order "Foot Rest Pedal" for my TL-S, and covered it with the front door floor mat!...KUDOS to the UPS-Man and an ASS-KICK'n to anyone I catch in the act stealing!!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by heyitsvu
okay. next step. check your local craigslist and the surrounding cl areas to see if anyone posted up your shit. check ebay too. do a search for those parts and check the checkbox that says items within... 50 miles of me. if nothing, keep checking for the next month and a half because some dumbass whole stole it might be stupid enough to sell it back on cl.

here's my story. my girlfriend lives in an apartment complex. there's parking in front of her place so i used to park there pretty often. one day when i came out, i found my trunk popped open slightly, but i dunno how. my doors were locked and my keys usually arent in my pocket so it wouldnt make sense that i'd be the culprit that left it open. That week i did some spring cleaning back at home, and i dug out all my aftermarket parts from my prelude. Among them were 2 cold airs (one blue one grey), 1 short ram (dark blue), 1 DC strut bar (red). and the other stuff in my trunk like My RF Amp + a cheap Xplod Sub, my stock sub which i removed from the mounts, my bowling ball, my bowling shoes and my key lock for my oem lug nuts. All those things went missing. roughly 1000 dollars worth of stuff. I was HELLA FUCKING pissed. I figured, hey the fuckers who stole it must must have been college students because that area is swarming with college students. i checked every 2-3 days for those parts, and all of a sudden, a month and a half down the road, the bitches put my RED strut bar and my BLUE Cold air intake up for sale... in one picture. I've seen stupidity, but who the fuck is dumb enough to put two stolen parts for sale in one picture, especially when they're stolen! I called up about 8 of my friends, and had one of them with a private number give the guy a call. keep in mind, none of these guys live in my college town, but they live a hundred miles away so the bitches who stole my shit never saw them again. My friend called, and asked if he had any other parts and he said he's selling most of my stuff minus the bowling ball because who the hell would sell a bowling ball. we met up behind a pretty well lit restaurant around 1130, but it was a quiet place so everyone was gone. we had two guys waiting in their car like they were going to meet him up, and then when they rolled in with their cars, i called in the reinforcements. we surrounded him with 4 cars and him and his friends saw us come out with bats in our hands and needless to say they ran. we took his car to some random neighborhood, and took all my parts back, along with a bunch of parts that came from his car including his system, his intake from his car, his strut bar. My girlfriend moved out of there that same weekend because her lease was over. the funny thing is she lived right across from those bitches.

I didnt keep any of the parts we took from his car. i let my friends distribute it, and since he drove a gen 6 accord, some of my friends just took his intake and strut bar and put it on their cars.

Karma will bite you in the ass, especially if you do bad shit. I'm just your karma police. I make sure karma is enforced.
KICK-ASS , I like Happy ending's! , good for you!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

i just hope it all works out for dnd. good luck man! if you cant get your brake pad's money back, maybe you can c bullall your credit card company and report the brakes stolen.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

haha. a .357. i remember firing off one of those at the range. it was the only gun i was accurate in (weird huh). I have a savage 93R17 sitting on my closet shelf at my apartment. I used to take it to the shooting range alot when i was 19-20, before i was allowed to buy a handgun. Still thinking about investing in a handgun, but i haven't yet. dont wanna waste money on something i might just use for a year then put away.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Fyre Man
not your fault, not UPS's, but to me it just seems kinda stupid to dump an entire brake kit on the front of your door.

check w/your management to see if there are any cameras pointed down your hallway

I stopped by the office today. They said its out of their hands. No Cameras here.