My Left Xenon Light Went Out Again....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry My Left Xenon Light Went Out Again....

A while ago I posted that my left light was out while my right and fogs were fuctioning normally. Well yesterday at LAX the left went out again in the parking lot as I was leaving. I turned them off and immediately turned them back on and mysteriously the left light functioned again. Going down the 105 I noticed that the left light was out again. I turned off/turned on and it was fine again. Well, I guess its another trip to the dealership . Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be??? Any help is greatly appreciated...
Old 07-07-2001, 03:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Exclamation lighting

bioyuki,

sorry to hear about the problems. i've gone back to the dealership <b>twice</b> to get the sunroof and a trunk rattles fixed. sure, those are two superficial problems but that means time outta my day. we spent how much for this car? and to have these inconveniences get us?

with your situation, we're talking about personal safety here. that's no serious matter. i hope the people have a solution to it without having to replace the whole unit. when the diagnosis is in, would you please post it here?

thanks and good luck!
- derrick
Old 07-07-2001, 03:23 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights, either malfunctioning or stolen, seem to be an Achilles' heel with the TL. I know that HID lights are popular, but I can't help feeling they're an "attractive nuisance".
Old 07-07-2001, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going into Tustin Acura on Monday. Unfortunetly, they don't do warranty work on Saturdays . Does anybody know if Tustin Acura offers loaner cars?
Old 07-07-2001, 06:19 PM
Advanced

I took my tls to Tustin Acura for my 12mpg problem and they brushed it aside for an entire day before they did a 10 minute "dyno" check. I guess they're busy or something because they didn't bother trying to find out if there was something else wrong with the car. And the idiot service guys scraped my paint... it showed black. Only after i complained did they take it back to paint it or something. In short, I'll never take my car back to Tustin Acura for service.

Oh and btw, they didn't give me a loaner. They also assured me that i'll get shuttle service back home but the shuttle was out for at least 2 hours when i got there at 7:30am on tuesday so i had to hitch a ride.

amcl
Old 07-07-2001, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by amcl
I took my tls to Tustin Acura for my 12mpg problem and they brushed it aside for an entire day before they did a 10 minute "dyno" check. I guess they're busy or something because they didn't bother trying to find out if there was something else wrong with the car. And the idiot service guys scraped my paint... it showed black. Only after i complained did they take it back to paint it or something. In short, I'll never take my car back to Tustin Acura for service.

Oh and btw, they didn't give me a loaner. They also assured me that i'll get shuttle service back home but the shuttle was out for at least 2 hours when i got there at 7:30am on tuesday so i had to hitch a ride.

amcl
Oh man, there's an awful lot of horror stories about Acura dealerships on this board. It makes me worry a little. I've always had incredibly good service at Frank Ancona Honda (Olathe, KS) on my Accord, but the Acura service I've had so far (at Superior and Jay Wolfe) has been a little disappointing.