MOTOR TREND CAR SHOW,,,,,,the hell is Lexus's problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 09:45 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool MOTOR TREND CAR SHOW,,,,,,the hell is Lexus's problem?

.........went to the motor trend car show yesterday in baltimore........four words...the Japs are coming!!......as i am sure everyone has seen pictures of the new SC430 Lexus......i really thought it was ugly until i saw this car in person.....it is bad as sh#t!!!!!!, i know we are supposed to hate Lexus here {ala IS300}, but they deserve some points for the new SC......however they soon lost these points when the lady informed the crowd of the $61,000 dollar loaded price tag, ofcourse this is without luxury tax.....what is Lexus's problem?...the new LS430 looks like an old body S-class that has maybe lost about 5 pounds, i mean damn even Mercedes put the damn car on a diet and extensive cosmetic surgery....what does Lexus do? they rummage through the Stuggart garbage bags for ideas...........the face on this car looks like a collagen injection nightmare!! the resembalnce is ridiculous, Lexus mine as well put a 3 point star on it ...i mean just look at the tail lights then look at the ones on a 92-99 S500/600 coupe..{Lexus was clearly lookin across the sea on this one}. the car is very forgettable...........i cannot wait until that damn new 345hp Q-45 BURST onto the scene in March, i do not think anybody is ready for what Infiniti has planned..
..................The new TL was not their, they had the current model on display.....boy the day when Acura wises the fu*k up and stuffs a production V8 in the RL, MDX, NSX, and ofcourse a 6 speed rear wheel drive V8 TL,..(TYPE-S V8?, now i am making myself nervous} would be rather nice, we will finally have the prestige we so desperately deserve and need, it'll keep me out of the Infiniti dealer in about two years...........the TL will finally be a legit 540 fighter!!!!!!!!..anybody else have thoughts on the new SC and the increasing aristocratic Lexus of North America, or the New Q?
Old 01-22-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro

Q. ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

I don't think I am going to wait for the RL. Right now the only thing is I think the Q's front end looks like a bloated Ford Taurus. Other than that...
DAMN!!! Look out!! Whoo hoo!
Old 01-22-2001, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I like the look of the LS430, even though it reminisces the older MB S class... I am liking the SC so far, at first I was not sure about it...It's growing on me though...it looks like a TT in a way...
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-22-2001, 11:59 PM

I'd go for the Q if I had the dough.

------------------
Diamond White Scotty
Old 01-23-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro

anyone got pics of that "new q"
i remember seeing that new SC dont remember what it really looks like... i remember not liking it... i have the mini brochure at home my bathroom, with my other reading materials,
anyone got a better pic than it's REAR END...
doesn't that car come w/18's btw???
Ed, i know you're the pic man... post em up G
Old 01-23-2001, 12:25 AM
Rx Master

i personally dont like what lexus has done with there new cars either. I still think that the sc430 is ugly as sin. I think it looks like crap, is fugly and looks like a piece of crap. now with regards to the ls430, well yes it looks liek a big fat mercedes and that was what htey were going after, The is300 is phat as hell from the outside but personally aftetr sitting in my frierdns i dotn like it and would have been so uncomfortable after a month, like drivin a civic. And well there is the es300 and we all know that that is a glorified camrey and last is the gs430. I personally love that car more that any car out on the road. I wanted it sooo bad but just didn t wasnt the 600 a mont payment as a 26 year old. i was tryin to get a 98 last year buyt my car guy couldnt get it in my time frame. Sucks cause i would have been king of the road in it. I love my cl-s but aint nothin like a 300 hp sedan. the trucks are ok, the rx300 is cool, but inside ios too mini van lookin and the lx is a landcruiser.
grow up lexus and make some beter lookin cars, and bring down the price of the gs so i can get it next.
WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi , spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
coilovers or springs to come soon

Old 01-23-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro

btw, i know they dropped that blue off the GS line cause it was a younger persons car, and the car was triggered to an older crowd of course, now the RX and IS both have that color, anyone know if that color is coming back by anychance?????
Old 01-23-2001, 10:27 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TommyAmrani:
anyone got pics of that "new q"
i remember seeing that new SC dont remember what it really looks like... i remember not liking it... i have the mini brochure at home my bathroom, with my other reading materials,
anyone got a better pic than it's REAR END...
doesn't that car come w/18's btw???
Ed, i know you're the pic man... post em up G
you can go to the web site "thenewq.com", it can also be seen from infinit.com...it shows the inside, and every angle of the car...........you know it has a 7 inch navi screen?
Old 01-23-2001, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
The New Q
The New Q
The New LS
The New LS
The New LS
The New SC
The New SC
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-23-2001, 03:11 PM

thanks for the links Shoofin'TL- i bet they look alot better in person.

pp

------------------
01 silver w/nav
30 40 50 tint
inspire tails
xpel
inspire fogswitch
future_foglights?

in forum: grammer bad, spelling reel baid
Old 01-23-2001, 03:20 PM

Cool

Yeah, i went to the convention center show too, the SC430 wuz NICCCCE especially w/400 some hp. With that much power........im sure it would grow on me the NSX was slammin too
Old 01-23-2001, 03:43 PM
Racer

Exclamation

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JimmPTL:
Yeah, i went to the convention center show too, the SC430 wuz NICCCCE especially w/400 some hp. With that much power........im sure it would grow on me the NSX was slammin too[/ it has 400 hp? you sure about that, i thought it had the same engine as the LS which only has 290hp.......

Old 01-23-2001, 03:47 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
The New Q
The New Q
The New LS damn that q-45 is georgeous,yeah i may b leaving the fam, unless acura gets a V8, on the market anybody seeing the GS400 undertones on this car, or is it me?.look at it from the back....
The New LS
The New LS
The New SC
The New SC
Ed

Old 01-23-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro

hmmmmm, i didnt like any of those cars at all...
thanks Ed
i actually like the older Q...the one that's out now... resembles the Benz too IMHO
i guess MB is the best car after all... or is the TL